Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP Genesis P-Orridge

edited March 2020 in Other

Born Neil Andrew Megson, 22 February 1950 – 14 March 2020

Comments

• Where were you when the the stars went out?

• RIP. Only of my early heroes.

• May he live on in my sample library. RIP free spirit!

• Audible gasp when I saw that. Shit.

• Brap in Peace

• Many years ago Gen was doing a dj set in my city and I was honored be chauffeur to the club. Besides turntables, two cassette decks were needed. I brought mine from home, set them up and labeled the mixer channels TOP and BOTTOM. His enthusiasm for that unintended S&M reference alone was so endearing. A truly unique and inspiring artist.

RIP

• edited March 2020

I just was at a gallery/performance space in Los Angeles where GPO had an exhibit at the Tom of Finland Foundation for Pandrogyny I & II.

Genesis was supposed to talk, but couldn't make it so s/he skyped in. It was a very moving evening. (And the performance of Christeene was at once vulgar, transgressive and truly transcendent.)

No one like Genesis. The world still doesn't understand h/er art.

I mean, my God, this is from 1979!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I just was at a gallery/performance space in Los Angeles where GPO had an exhibit at the Tom of Finland Foundation for Pandrogyny I & II.

Genesis was supposed to talk, but couldn't make it so s/he skyped in. It was a very moving evening. (And the performance of Christeene was at once vulgar, transgressive and truly transcendent.)

We talk a lot about (and ostensibly prize) individuality, but this person was in a different sphere to where we most of us find ourselves.

• What a great interview..

Genesis P-Orridge on the beginnings of Throbbing Gristle and roots of industrial music

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

We talk a lot about (and ostensibly prize) individuality, but this person was in a different sphere to where we most of us find ourselves.

Yeah, GPO, TG, Coil etc. are a big influence on a lot of bands, and whole genres.

I remember hearing their Jazz Funk Greats album as a teenager, at a house meeting of the first band I was in, and we all agreed we wanted some of that in our sound.

• One of a kind.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rest In Peace

• Brap indeed.

• Fuck 😪 A true one off

• edited March 2020

Woah, I think these are the source for the drums and etc on Glassblower by Download on Eyes of Stanley Pain!

• one of her last podcasts appearance

https://blog.magick.me/2019/05/08/genesis-p-orridge-podcast/

i found it funny when her nurse was told that she was one of the great artists and the nurse was, oh yeah really? and continued 😅

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

Dreams Less Sweet is also one of the finest demonstrations of binaural/holophonic/dummy head recording out there... a great album. Best with good headphones and no distractions. I really loved the film "The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye' too.

• Took me a minute- might be cause of the mushroom tea that day- shared a “stage” with the legend, long ago...
    Fuck, man.