Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Vent About Global Pandemic Management *HERE*

McDMcD
edited March 2020 in Other

I believe people need the opportunity to vent about the state of the world and this
pandemic.

An outlet for rage is helpful... just don't attack each other for honestly voiced opinions.
But any non members should be fair game for a good venting out of pure frustration.

If it melts into an attack on ABF members just slip @michael a request to "shut 'er down".

Denial would not be a good strategy, IMHO. We're all in it together.

If you don't want to hear complaining just DON"T RESPOND... or take a break. People need an outlet to rage at the machine sometimes.

Comments

• Thank you, I would share more but I’m just so enraged about the criminal mismanagement of the situation that I can’t even articulate it.

• @jipumarino said:
    Thank you, I would share more but I’m just so enraged about the criminal mismanagement of the situation that I can’t even articulate it.

I feel that. I hope the scientific community can pull a rabbit to of the hat and turn the numbers around. I'd like to be able to
    make it to Loopy Pro.

• edited March 2020

Well, let me say this... Vladimir Putin could not be happier with how Trump is (not) acting. It is almost as if he scored this on his Surface Pro and Trump is reading directly from that score. Trump sings and sings and sings. Here is a chart showing global testing. Note US is next to last. Only France, because they are not reporting their testing fully, is worse.

The attending physician of Congress reported to Senate staff that he believed 70 million will contract the illness on the low end and 150 million on the high ( I have read 50-70% infection over and over)with 10-30 million requiring hospitalization. Let us say this is exaggerated by five times. That is 2-6 million. There are one million hospital beds in US. 700,000 are now occupied. Are we prepared you think? (Source... Rachel Maddow 3/11. Before the any deniers chime in please watch this in it’s entirety. If you do not I will turn a deaf ear to any comments you might have.

https://topnewsshow.com/the-rachel-maddow-show-3-11-20-msnbc/

There are 64,000 respirators in the US, most are in use for flu patients. Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive for 19 in Australia. Trump has cancelled events in Colorado and Nevada after saying A/ there were 15 cases soon to be zero and B/ that his rallies would go on.

Putin is going to rule Russia until he is 83. Trump will be long gone, but the chaos and death he will have enabled will live on and on and on.

Trump is deflecting with this irrational travel ban. Irrational because it does not include UK. AND there has never been a travel ban put in place for South Korea! The insanity and pathogenic lethality of King Don fills volumes. As has been said, he doesn’t need to be a Russian agent, just a useful, narcissistic, idiot.
    All you Trumpeters out there... now can you see that your Emperor is a bumbling, defective and dangerous nudist?

• The UK has realised that containment has failed and yet allowed Cheltnam Horse race to take place with a gathering of 60,000. Money over lives. And those attending said they were not worried, they don’t have elderly relatives at home. Crazy when schools are begining to close.
    Plus my wife, who is a nurse, has been told, if a person with the virus is struggling give them the kiss of life. And thats directly from the NHS!

• edited March 2020

Silly triggered liberals. Every right-thinking person knows coronavirus is a Dirty Democrat hoax to damage Trump, and to distract you all from the child ring-fighting empire that 1% Joe Biden has going!!!!11!

• edited March 2020

Seriously, though, it's pretty troubling stuff – the economic incentives run counter to pretty much every action that governments could be taking to reduce spread and flatten out the infection curve, and sure enough, the economic stuff seems to win out every time. Even in the best case scenario where this peters out and is just a dress-rehearsal for something worse...wow, are we ever failing that!

Not to mention that all this stuff is also taking energy and attention away from the other thing that's gonna do us in, the effects of climate change. We've got a couple of decades to turn this around, and then this crops up! Bad times.

• @McD said:
    I feel that. I hope the scientific community can pull a rabbit to of the hat and turn the numbers around. I'd like to be able to
    make it to Loopy Pro.

Don't have to hang on too much longer ;-)

• @Michael said:
    Seriously, though, it's pretty troubling stuff – the economic incentives run counter to pretty much every action that governments could be taking to reduce spread and flatten out the infection curve, and sure enough, the economic stuff seems to win out every time. Even in the best case scenario where this peters out and is just a dress-rehearsal for something worse...wow, are we ever failing that!

Not to mention that all this stuff is also taking energy and attention away from the other thing that's gonna do us in, the effects of climate change. We've got a couple of decades to turn this around, and then this crops up! Bad times.

Unfortunately I believe the dress rehearsal ended some time ago, climate change, economics, political polarisation, this, the nearing perfect storm.

• The sick irony is at least in the US we are two sides of the same coin yet the division & need to be "right" or "winning" has completely clouded everyone involved.

Here is a legitimate life & death situation and it remains. I've made no secret that I'm a liberal Democrat; as we speak we are having a really hard time with party unity, let alone bipartisanship.

Yet when the GOP's won't ever dare criticize this "president"* for anything, not even a black & white situation like this, how can we meet halfway if they won't even stipulate reality? The Democrats have plenty to answer for on a wide range of issues as well and I have absolutely no compunction whatsoever to call them out on their failings.

Merkel said up to ⅔'s (!) of Germany could become infected, not die, but infected. If the US can even keep it at just below 10% of the population being infected/treated, etc. it is still going to change the way we live considerably for MONTHS.

I sincerely wish ALL of the members here in our community good health & peace of mind...good luck gang.

Be cool...

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020

I’d like to complain about our power supply.

A month ago a surge fried my graphics card, and on Saturday it took out my PC completely. Yes I use surge protectors, and it burns those out too. As a result I’m going to have to buy a new laptop rather than a desktop, when I can actually be allowed to do so, without being hacked as soon as I attempt it.

This morning, it’s cut out about 20 times already, three times during my attempts at taking a shower.

And we’re not even in shutdown mode here yet. Time to stock up with candles.

• edited March 2020
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Take each day a time. It’s only a matter of weeks/day before follow suit.

Tories will try and draw out that “This is Great Britain” spirit as long as possible, but their time is almost up regarding a shut down.

@d4d0ug said:
    So we booked our trip to Florida early last year.

We’re booked to fly in early April. It seems the only way we can claim or reschedule is if there’s a flight ban.

We live in the UK.

Last nights announcement is disappointing because of our personal situation.

It’s moronic from a ‘let’s handle this pandemic’ point of view, the UK is on the same trajectory in terms of the spread of the virus as Italy.

I heard he has properties in the UK.

• edited March 2020
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If we could reach the 70-80% infection in a staggered distribution whilst trying to protect the most vulnerable in society, at that level, the herd immunity should start to protect us to a degree, but the downside is the greater the infection distribution, the virus will mutate to different strains.

• edited March 2020
  • Was debating whether to send Monzo Jnr to school today - no official shutdown, but I don't trust these bastards in government to have our best interests at heart.

In the end he was such a pain in the arse I decided to send him, and take our chances with a deadly virus.

• @Max23 said:

@JRSIV said: Merkel said up to ⅔'s (!) of Germany could become infected, not die, but infected. If the US can even keep it at just below 10% of the population being infected/treated, etc. it is still going to change the way we live considerably for MONTHS.

data from italy shows 1 of 10 infected persons needs serious medical help.
    worldwide data shows 6% death rate

na, das kann ja lustig werden. :o
    in spätestens 2 Wochen is hier alles dicht.
    good luck gentleman.

I sat in one semester for several of a friend's German classes but I tapped out & hit Google translate @Max23 And yes, you right.

The real sticky variable with COVID19 is it's incubation period. A person can be infected for 14-17 days before they see the real unpleasant symptoms manifest.

• Perhaps mother nature has decided the only real way to protect the planet is to wipe us, and all that we bring with us out !

• edited March 2020

@Max23 said:

@JRSIV said: Merkel said up to ⅔'s (!) of Germany could become infected, not die, but infected. If the US can even keep it at just below 10% of the population being infected/treated, etc. it is still going to change the way we live considerably for MONTHS.

data from italy shows 1 of 10 infected persons needs serious medical help.
    worldwide data shows 6% death rate

na, das kann ja lustig werden. :o
    in spätestens 2 Wochen is hier alles dicht.
    good luck gentleman.

Incorrect, I just looked it up. As of March 12th, worldwide cases - 127,765. Deaths 4716. Which is a mortality rate of 3.69. This is KNOWN cases only. As we all know, the majority of cases are unreported. So 3.69 has to be higher than the actual rate.

Please don't spread misinformation. Yes this is serious, but we need to remain calm, collected and rational about this.

I too have been disappointed with how countries have reacted. I wanted to see a travel ban way earlier. But I also understand the need to strike a balance between keeping the world machine going, and shutting everything down. Italy had to act fast because they had been slack in reacting. The UK acted fast, and are slowly increasing measures. It'll be interesting to see how far they will go. America on the other hand - too little too late? Not sure.

Truth is - nobody knows what will happen. China has already reported amazing success with their measures, so we know there is hope. The main objective here is to push the peaks to the summer when other flus and illnesses will be less common and the health services will have a better chance at coping.

Stay safe and healthy everyone x

PS - I'm more interested in when Drambo is being released! If ever there was a time for a game-changing mega-app, now is it!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Perhaps mother nature has decided the only real way to protect the planet is to wipe us, and all that we bring with us out !

Refreshing.
    It will give the old dear a chance to put her feet up I suppose. Tatty straw hat. Teeth in a cup. Pink Gin at her side. Time to let that flatulence go and drift on down the porch.

• not directly related to corona but i was shocked - according WHO stats in 2015 there was reporred 10 millions of new TBC cases and 1.4 million of people died because of antibiotic resistant TBC... just horrible ...

• @robosardine said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Perhaps mother nature has decided the only real way to protect the planet is to wipe us, and all that we bring with us out !

Refreshing.
    It will give the old dear a chance to put her feet up I suppose. Tatty straw hat. Teeth in a cup. Pink Gin at her side. Time to let that flatulence go and drift on down the porch.

She's been working very hard for a very long time....due a bit of a rest I should imagine :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@robosardine said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Refreshing.

She's been working very hard for a very long time....due a bit of a rest I should imagine :)

She been through much worse, so have we, we just have a tendency to forget or not care.

• If there was only a way we could protect the people and the economy at the same time. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-offshore-wealth/super-rich-hold-32-trillion-in-offshore-havens-idUSBRE86L03U20120722

• @AndyPlankton said:

Certainly feels like it here. Storms again - floods, hailstones, constant gale force winds. I've lived here on and off for 30 years and never experienced anything like it.

• I spent last year struggling with social anxiety caused by too much isolation, prescription was to get out of studio more.

Talk about a total opposite right now.

• Can see this post beating the Drambo thread for pages gained