Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's Unmix by Hikaru Tsuyumine

Free to try, but with an iap for premium version !

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1500367180

Description:

Separate music into vocals, drums(percussion), bass and other instruments.

Separated tracks can be saved and exported to other apps such as DAW.

You can control volumes and panning of each track separately for playback and export. Playback speed also can be adjusted

You can cut specific region of the tracks for playback and export by defining the area of the waveform view.

Source music can be imported from Media Library, other apps or cloud services such as iCloud, DropBox , Google Drive and so forth.

The supported file format as source music are mp3, m4a and wav. The supported output formats are m4a and wav.

The optimal sampling rate of the source file is 44.1KHz(CD quality). The sampling rate of output file is always 44.1KHz regardless of the sampling rate of the source file.

Comments

• Going to play around with this before deciding on purchasing the full version, but $4.99 to unlock longer samples and export features. Nice!

• This is super cool as you can directly use your Apple Music library or use your own music via the files system. It sounds globally as good as the online solutions I have experienced. For a fiver this is a no brainer

• Yeah definitely opens up some new sampling opportunities for me :)

• edited March 2020

Looks great! What's the export quality? 24-bit? 🙏

• Is this using the Spleeter tech?

How can Apple Music legally be supported as input (does it really? Spotify as well?)?

• @auxmux said:
    Looks great! What's the export quality? 24-bit? 🙏

Wav 16 bits 44.1 or AAC

• @bleep said:
    Is this using the Spleeter tech?

How can Apple Music legally be supported as input (does it really? Spotify as well?)?

I don't know if it is Spleeter or what tech is behind. But it works as well as something like melody.ml (online service)

Apple Music: yes (maybe don't say it too loud)
    Spotify : unfortunately not

• Tried downloading a couple of songs with Apple Music but they don't show up.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

• @Jocphone said:
    Tried downloading a couple of songs with Apple Music but they don't show up.

Maybe click on the wheel on the right. You have there the possibility to configure the access to the library

• Needs iOS 13.2 upwards. Iam 13.1 hesitant to upgrade Dont want to break my other apps.Can anyone upload a vid example. I looked on Youtube but nothing. Thanks in advance

• wow this is actually pretty sweet. i did not expect it to be that good. probably gonn end up buying this.

• Tap waveform glitch stop start madness! Fun app thx White as always!

• Wow...this works surprisingly well! Purchased! 🤯

• @cuscolima said:

@Jocphone said:

Maybe click on the wheel on the right. You have there the possibility to configure the access to the library

That doesn't seem to make any difference. I subscribe to Apple Music and have clicked download on a couple of song but they don't appear in this App when I click on the Unmix Apple Music button. There is, however, a message about being able to purchase songs on iCloud/iTunes. Is that the difference? Do I need to have purchased the music?

• @Jocphone said:

@cuscolima said:

@Jocphone said:

That doesn't seem to make any difference. I subscribe to Apple Music and have clicked download on a couple of song but they don't appear in this App when I click on the Unmix Apple Music button. There is, however, a message about being able to purchase songs on iCloud/iTunes. Is that the difference? Do I need to have purchased the music?

I have only purchased music (before the streaming service's availability) on my iPhone. This is maybe the reason why it works for me...The songs are on my device

• edited March 2020

I tried this just now on a couple of tracks. Well, it’s not perfect but it is pretty good for sure, and an excellent way to figure out how artists you like are putting their tracks together, IAP at 5 bucks is pretty much a no brainer I’d say.

• Big up for posting this. It actually works pretty damn good! They’ll definitely be getting my 5 bucks.

Cheers

• edited March 2020

Damn, this is extremely useful. Exporting files could use some streamlining but this thing is still great

• @cuscolima said:

@Jocphone said:

@cuscolima said:

@Jocphone said:

I have only purchased music (before the streaming service's availability) on my iPhone. This is maybe the reason why it works for me...The songs are on my device

I think you might be right. My daughter figured out how to download tunes from some tube website and that worked fine. Shame.

• It seems like only tunes you’ve purchased or manually loaded onto you phone, which makes sense because streamed tracks from Apple Music have DRM.

• Can anyone upload a video if possible. Thanks in advance

• I'm really curious if this is based on the Spleeter code base. Can anyone who has the app see any kind of help/about or other information where it credits any libraries used?

• edited March 2020

@stormbeats said:
    Can anyone upload a video if possible. Thanks in advance

The latest video by 'the ios community' on YouTube shows this app

• @wim said:
    I'm really curious if this is based on the Spleeter code base. Can anyone who has the app see any kind of help/about or other information where it credits any libraries used?

The options/help are sparse; I don't see any reference to credits or libraries in the app. However, to my ears the results of a vocal/instrument split I did on a spleeter web app and this app sound identical to me. I used the same input file, but this is me listening and not looking at the waveform or anything.

• @daytwa said:

@wim said:
    I'm really curious if this is based on the Spleeter code base. Can anyone who has the app see any kind of help/about or other information where it credits any libraries used?

The options/help are sparse; I don't see any reference to credits or libraries in the app. However, to my ears the results of a vocal/instrument split I did on a spleeter web app and this app sound identical to me. I used the same input file, but this is me listening and not looking at the waveform or anything.

That would be very unethical if those libraries are used without attribution. I'm curious because as much as I want this app, I will refuse to touch it if that is the case.

• @wim said:

@daytwa said:

@wim said:

That would be very unethical if those libraries are used without attribution. I'm curious because as much as I want this app, I will refuse to touch it if that is the case.

I agree. If I can find some time tomorrow I'll process the same file in both and see what the results show comparing .wav files.

• This is amazing ! Think I’ll treat myself to it.

• @white many thanks This is a great app. :)