Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Great interview.. thanks for sharing the link

• edited March 2020

Wow, so many insights into the making of this iconic app. Now we know why we don’t have panning! ;)

Still @Marcos if the idea for it is immediacy to be used on stage why the two finger transport? This choice has always puzzled me and made me put samplr away after the original purchase. I opened the app, didn’t know how to run it, put it in a folder and forgot about it for a while!!! That’s crazy!

I know this is to stop from accidentally pressing them while interacting with the waveform but surely there is a better way? Don’t know, two finger tap or swipe sideways? Impaktor mutes and solos tracks by swiping up and down which I found great in use but I guess. Samplr only swipe up is an option I guess. Would be nice if this was improved somehow.

Another thing I think most users would agree on would be to have other parameters included in motion recording: envelope and certainly the effect x/y pad.

Anyway...great to see the sketches, surprised the internet hasn’t exploded. Maybe it’s just a delayed explosion, who knows? Thanks @MarkR

• Thanks for sharing the article @MarkR