Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

perfect friday listening

Love this band ...

Comments

• Today ...

• edited August 2019

Doug :) I thought about this (thread) and you earlier.
    Here you go

• Great stuff and love his voice ^

• edited November 2019

• Awesome thread. Great dive into your tastes :wink:
    As a brazilian, i'm happy to see Djavan here. He's awesome.

And happy to see Khurangbin too. Laura Lee is a huge crush :love: :lol:

• Hadn't seen this before. Great little thread....thank you (and happy Friday....)

• This has had a few spins here today:

• That is just great! ^

• @kinkujin said:
    Djavan

So nice... swing also means 3:2 layered over straight 8ths. Not just that jazz triplet thing or just moving around the second note of a duple. I'm eager to make some latin swing Mozaic scripts... that's part of the DNA of Aphelian which is made by Brazilian coders/musicians. Brazil swings in a very cool way that's not so dated. It's a bitch to master. Much harder than straight ahead jazz, IMHO.

Great talent here.

• edited February 2020

A few good mates in, and associated with this bunch. Shared gigs, lots of parties - including one where the band + entourage numbering about 30 wild souls, jammed the night away in our front room until the sun came up. Not a proper video, but still a cracking song:

• @MonzoPro thanks for posting this. I cannot believe how many stories you have. You should write a memoir.

These folk still going?

• edited February 2020

@kinkujin said:
    @MonzoPro thanks for posting this. I cannot believe how many stories you have. You should write a memoir.

These folk still going?

Yeah, in a slightly different line-up. The lead singer/guitarist died last year unfortunately, but another mate is now playing in his place.

I’ve never watched such a danceable band - they do a lot of jig-type stuff, and it’s impossible not to start jumping around when they play.

I lived in Nottingham for a while, and as some of my mates were involved, went to loads of their gigs, and usually ended up lugging in the amps. One gig they played, was at a psychiatric hospital.

The staff wheeled in the patients too early, before the band had set up. So they had to sit waiting while a sound check was done for ten acoustic instruments. They started getting restless, so the singer made a performance around the sound check, doing a bit of a rap about each member of the band. The inmates loved it, and were all laughing and dancing even before the music started.

It’s the singular most impressive bit of stagecraft I’ve ever seen.

• Another great story.

• Love this group...

• edited March 2020

@senhorlampada said:
    Awesome thread. Great dive into your tastes :wink:
    As a brazilian, i'm happy to see Djavan here. He's awesome.

And happy to see Khurangbin too. Laura Lee is a huge crush :love: :lol:

Oh boy, me too. :-)

Feel free to recommend some Djavan deep tracks, must hears!

• Another week gone/done.
    In the jazzy mood

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Another week gone/done.
    In the jazzy mood

I never heard this! Thanks for this recommendation.

• 10 minutes, an old church converted in a bookstore, turntables and samplers and you’re set for a nice weekend.

• That was pretty derned cool @Callaeci, thanks for that! Great music in that setting... :o

• edited March 2020

Well, i'm not waiting until friday for those of you working from home. This one really got me through the day yesterday. Enjoy!

https://usrinivas.bandcamp.com/track/rama-sreerama-ragam-thanam-pallavi-ragamalika

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Another week gone/done.
    In the jazzy mood

Nice. The intro reminded me of this: