Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro official help thread

edited March 2023 in Support and Feedback

A message from Matt Black:

this is the official support for JP. Sorry but we dont have the people to respond to PMs and the Devs priority is fixing bugs; this is the place to get us! We will endeavour to respond asap to questions and bug reports. Bug reports are most useful when accompanied by short screen recordings. Heres an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15v11404cxmzpkf/bar count should reset on set load-102.MP4?dl=0

Before submitting a bug please update to latest version of JAMM Pro and also include iOS and iPad model in your post.
thanks
M

Comments

• JammPro is like the Octatrack for me. I first needed to clearly define what I wanted to do with it....based on the descriptions and demos of what I saw.

Then take some time to see if my expectations are feasible with it.

Then I needed to figure out how to close the deal.

I am really interested in getting my own loops into this app TBH.

I am intersted in taking Blocs sets and mashing all the blocs into 4 to fit into this app.

Then do the song on hardware using this as accents and transitional tools adding character and dimension to the piece.

All while having SAMPLR also there to fuss with vocal samples.

It is such a stimulating app right out of the gate.

I can't find LINK button on it?

MUST BUY!

You told me about this app a LONG TIME AGO!

• I have been using Jammpro for a while now. User set saved fine with custom icons but now user sets can not be edited and it claims they are store sets. This applies to old user sets and newly created sets. Any ideas guys?

• @Toastedghost said:
    I have been using Jammpro for a while now. User set saved fine with custom icons but now user sets can not be edited and it claims they are store sets. This applies to old user sets and newly created sets. Any ideas guys?

Matt (see top of thread) requests that you include information about the ipad version and os version and a short video demonstrating the problem.

• The latest Ipad air and the IOS is up to date. It would appear that on further investigation that this happens inside AUM

• edited March 2020

@Toastedghost said:
    I have been using Jammpro for a while now. User set saved fine with custom icons but now user sets can not be edited and it claims they are store sets. This applies to old user sets and newly created sets. Any ideas guys?

Hey Toasted ! Sorry to hear of this issue , must be annoying you cannot do more work on your user Sets.
    This was an intermittent issue before but thought we'd fixed it.
    Just to confirm you are on the latest build 1.02?
    Is it ALL your User sets?
    If you could Export (Full) from the File menu and send us the zip of an example file we can take a look at it.
    Thanks for your understanding! We will get this sorted one way or another
    Jamm Crew

• @JammPro said:

@Toastedghost said:

Hey Toasted ! Sorry to hear of this issue , must be annoying you cannot do more work on your user Sets.
    This was an intermittent issue before but thought we'd fixed it.
    Just to confirm you are on the latest build 1.02?
    Is it ALL your User sets?
    If you could Export (Full) from the File menu and send us the zip of an example file we can take a look at it.
    Thanks for your understanding! We will get this sorted one way or another
    Jamm Crew

Many thanks for your reply. It only happens when using Jammpro inside AUM. When in standalone all is fine so no worries. It was mainly the fact that new sets could not create a user icon a series of + tells the viewer little info about a set, plus the title could not be altered. All OK in standalone, even in AUM sets would save changes but not to screen edits. Hope this makes sense.
    Once again thanks.

• I asked this on the other thread last week but didn’t get a response. If anyone could let me know if this works on an Air2 I’d be most obliged.

• edited March 2020

@Toastedghost

In the next update of Jamm we are removing the protection of Store Sets. This should hopefully solve all such problems!

• @MonzoPro said:
    I asked this on the other thread last week but didn’t get a response. If anyone could let me know if this works on an Air2 I’d be most obliged.

We feel you but the air 2 really struggles to run JP smoothly, its just a bit too old and underpowered. We are in an optimisation phase and working hard to see if its possible to improve matters but we are pushing at the limit of the devices' power.
    We will announce on the AB forum if we think we've made progress. Having as few other apps open as poss is recommended.

• @JammPro said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I asked this on the other thread last week but didn’t get a response. If anyone could let me know if this works on an Air2 I’d be most obliged.

We feel you but the air 2 really struggles to run JP smoothly, its just a bit too old and underpowered. We are in an optimisation phase and working hard to see if its possible to improve matters but we are pushing at the limit of the devices' power.
    We will announce on the AB forum if we think we've made progress. Having as few other apps open as poss is recommended.

Ok, thanks for the honest response.

Disappointed as it totally looks like my cup of tea, guess I’ll have to wait until I upgrade my old pad :)

• edited March 2020

New coldcutter tutorial by Matt Black

Coldcutter pt2 - The Modulation Sequencers

• @MAtrixplan said:
    @JammPro
    Pre-sale question - there are 6 iap projects, and are there some rady projects in basic version? How it is organized? Will be more iaps?

Maybe someone here will answer?

• Yes if I remember well there are 3 included projects. Today I have seen a new project for sale do there are new projects

• Just gave all the videos a watch and spent a little bit of time with some Groovebox stems in Jamm and dayumm, this is a perfect combo, especially now that Groovebox has automation. Really looking forward to getting to use this better!

• @MAtrixplan said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    @JammPro
    Pre-sale question - there are 6 iap projects, and are there some rady projects in basic version? How it is organized? Will be more iaps?

Maybe someone here will answer?

hey! we are listening!
    Jamm comes with the Quantum Trap Set built in, and then these 3 Sets are free:
    Shockwave Rider
    BiomodS
    URGolden

We plan to release a new paid Set every week, and occasional free Sets; currently there are 10 Sets available in total.
    We also plan to see if there is interest for users to submit Sets for sale or free!

• edited March 2020

New Howto Coldcutter pt 3- The Gate Sequencer

• These last few videos are excellent 👍

• @JammPro said:
    New Howto Coldcutter pt 3- The Gate Sequencer

Feels like the 'lockloops' could maybe stand to be drawn in a slightly different tint. At least this may help new users to investigate how these loops are made when they see them in the demo files.

PS. Really loving getting to know this app!

• @Krupa said:
    These last few videos are excellent 👍

+1 @JammPro Keep 'em coming.. they're super helpful..
    One comment on the Gate Sequencer.. I find it challenging at times to hit the right slice(s) because they are a little smallish on my 2018 iPad screen.. it would be super cool to have the Gate Sequencer as a full screen extra tab (like the Matrix and Stabs options) when needed.. or a zoom function..
    On the other hand.. missing a slice "by that much" can be a happy accident that leads to something unplanned.. that's OK + welcome in my books too..

• @JammPro

The recording mode when set to ‘stems’ should be saved. I have had recent heartbreak due to this. :(

• edited March 2020

I know that there is a possibility to import my samples but is there an easy way to import whole projects? Is Launchpad app has export options? Maybe from other apps?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I know that there is a possibility to import my samples but is there an easy way to import whole projects? Is Launchpad app has export options? Maybe from other apps?

+100, it would be very handy, if you can somehow quickly transfer stems to jammpro from aum, cubasis or blocks wave.

• Can anyone tell me where is the metronome on this app?

• @cuscolima said:
    Can anyone tell me where is the metronome on this app?

There is no metrome, you put samples into the clip areas. You can create a simple drum track if you wish, but since all 4 tracks keep time with each other there is no need for a metronome..

• @Toastedghost said:

@cuscolima said:

There is no metrome, you put samples into the clip areas. You can create a simple drum track if you wish, but since all 4 tracks keep time with each other there is no need for a metronome..

Ok thanks. I can use the metronome in AUM when recording but it would have been easier with an integrated metronome (and they already have a preroll sound so I don’t think it will be a big issue for them).Using a slot for a reference beat is also a possibility

• @cuscolima said:

@Toastedghost said:

@cuscolima said:

Ok thanks. I can use the metronome in AUM when recording but it would have been easier with an integrated metronome (and they already have a preroll sound so I don’t think it will be a big issue for them).Using a slot for a reference beat is also a possibility

I think this isn’t there because the idea is your track is already made pretty much, when you upload stems they all have to already be in time and as soon as you’ve added track 1 (BEATS) you’ve already got something to keep time to. I wouldn’t use this app to fully write music, more to compose and mangle it

• @J_B said:

@cuscolima said:

@Toastedghost said:

@cuscolima said:

I think this isn’t there because the idea is your track is already made pretty much, when you upload stems they all have to already be in time and as soon as you’ve added track 1 (BEATS) you’ve already got something to keep time to. I wouldn’t use this app to fully write music, more to compose and mangle it

Exactly that what I said

• @JammPro hi is there swing/groove quantize?

• @Krupa said:
    These last few videos are excellent 👍

Thanks!!!

• Submitted all questions I did not have full answers to to the team, back to you shortly.