Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@eross said:
    how does the multi out work?

Can't really understand the mechanism either...

1. Load Pure Acid Multi-output into an audio channel in AUM
    2. Go to the Mixer section and tap the button at the bottom of the settings for the BassLine or Drums. By default it says "MFX", but will change to the different busses as you tap it.
    3. Add another audio channel in AUM. Tap the the input position and select the Pure Acid Multi-output channel shown.
    4. Tap the number with a curving down arrow to the left of the icon to select the bus you set in step 2.

For individual drums substitute:
    2. Go to the Drums Section And tap the switch at the left of the lowest pad twice to switch it to bus selection. Tapping each pad will cycle through the various output busses.

thanks as always @wim so kind.

No problem. B)
    I had to go figure it out myself, so writing down the steps as I did so was easy.

• 😀 You have to scroll down your list of audio units when opening in AUM. Your normal Pure Acid Audio Unit will likely be near the top if your setting is for ‘Last used’ Scroll down to find your new multi-output version.
    The mixer section that Wim is referring to is the mixer section in Pure Acid not in AUM.

• @jimpavloff said:

• Multiple Output AUv3 plugin added (currently supported in AUM). Now there are two Pure Acid plugins in the system. In "Multiple Output" version, there is one Master bus and 5 additional output audio busses (6 outputs in total). You can assign Bass (and/or Drums) outputs to either MFX, or one of 6 output busses (Mixer section -> MFX/Bus channel buttons). Also, you can map individual drum outputs to any of these 6 busses (under the "Drum Set/Bus" switch). You can also assign send effects Fx A and Fx B outputs to any bus as well. Note, that MFX output is always being sent to the Master bus and cannot be mapped.

Would be nice to ‘lock’ multi-out configuration when changing presets.. Seems you must reconfigure multiout when a preset is changed.. or, maybe it’s me?

• @jimpavloff This is crazy! Thank you for the multi-out playground.. this is gonna be a fun!!

• @robosardine said:
    The mixer section that Wim is referring to is the mixer section in Pure Acid not in AUM.

Thanks. Edited to clarify.

• @RajahP said:

@jimpavloff said:

• Multiple Output AUv3 plugin added (currently supported in AUM). Now there are two Pure Acid plugins in the system. In "Multiple Output" version, there is one Master bus and 5 additional output audio busses (6 outputs in total). You can assign Bass (and/or Drums) outputs to either MFX, or one of 6 output busses (Mixer section -> MFX/Bus channel buttons). Also, you can map individual drum outputs to any of these 6 busses (under the "Drum Set/Bus" switch). You can also assign send effects Fx A and Fx B outputs to any bus as well. Note, that MFX output is always being sent to the Master bus and cannot be mapped.

Would be nice to ‘lock’ multi-out configuration when changing presets.. Seems you must reconfigure multiout when a preset is changed.. or, maybe it’s me?

I decided to store bus setup in each preset. Bus setup very closely deals with MFX signal routing, as well as Send effects A and B routing also, which are a part of each preset. Ignoring them (and locking to one set of global values) would destroy effect routings, leading to weird results including no sound at all. That's why it's up to you to set up your busses for each your preset.

• @wim said:
    2. Go to the Mixer section in pure acid and tap the button at the bottom of the settings for the BassLine or Drums. By default it says "MFX", but will change to the different busses as you tap it.
    3. Add another audio channel in AUM. Tap the the input position and select the Pure Acid Multi-output channel shown.
    4. Tap the number with a curving down arrow to the left of the icon to select the bus you set in step 2.

2. Go to the Drums Section And tap the switch at the left of the lowest pad twice to switch it to bus selection. Tapping each pad will cycle through the various output busses.

Thanks for this tutorial! Only thing I can add is you can also route send effects output by tapping several times the "right arrow" icon on the effect pedals A and B.

• Nicely implemented @jimpavloff 😎

• Super dope!

Does this work with Midi-out too?

• @YourJunk said:
    Super dope!

Does this work with Midi-out too?

Midi out is unaffected by this change.

• Great update!

• @jimpavloff said:

@wim said:
    2. Go to the Mixer section in pure acid and tap the button at the bottom of the settings for the BassLine or Drums. By default it says "MFX", but will change to the different busses as you tap it.

Thanks for this tutorial! Only thing I can add is you can also route send effects output by tapping several times the "right arrow" icon on the effect pedals A and B.

Massive update! Thanks for the quick tip for routing the sends as individual output. Suberb :)

• Have you tried giving the drums and bass a Turnado each then bussing the whole lot into another Turnado yet?...

• Hi,
    I’m experimenting with the new multi audio out n am experiencing crackles. Running iPad air3 . Anyone else’s getting same

• @SilverK said:
    Hi,
    I’m experimenting with the new multi audio out n am experiencing crackles. Running iPad air3 . Anyone else’s getting same

Fine on my air 2. What buffer settings?

• how’s this do with ambient

• @reasOne said:
    how’s this do with ambient

You use an acid groovebox for ambient? Please explain more.

• @reasOne said:

Slow down to 88bpm.
    Use lots of delay, also on the drums.
    Go nuts with reverb.

• @jolico said:

@reasOne said:

Slow down to 88bpm.
    Go nuts with reverb.

heck ya, just was not sure if it was like stuck in acid bass preset sounds....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@SilverK said:
    Hi,

I’m crackling on 512 buffer and iPad Pro 2018 😕

Haven’t noticed crackles- but I do feel the iPad heating up considerably when running even a couple of instances. Anyone else?

• @jolico said:

@reasOne said:

Slow down to 88bpm.
    Go nuts with reverb.

This!
    For ambient house and such...
    If you want traditional ambient, kill the drums. or maybe setting attacks and decays really long. and make the percs sparse

• So maybe I missed it.... we can’t load our own samples in this can we??

• @onerez said:
    So maybe I missed it.... we can’t load our own samples in this can we??

No, at least not yet. That would be great for the drums for sure. Maybe one day.

• @onerez said:

An alternative would be using the midi out to control another app that has your samples like EG Pulse. Haven’t tried that specific combo but I’d think it would work.

• @YourJunk said:

@onerez said:

No, at least not yet. That would be great for the drums for sure. Maybe one day.

Ya... would be nice to send my own kicks..etc.. to different AUM channels and apply fx as needed. :-)

• Never really embraced the acid genre - couldn't afford the drugs back then. So I don't own Pure Acid (yet) but from what I can understand from the chatter hereabouts I suspect that that this app can serve as a rather fancy sequencer running other synths and percussion minus the acid. I'm assuming I can route the midi anywhere I want. Anyone tried this?

• @Soundscaper said:
    Never really embraced the acid genre - couldn't afford the drugs back then. So I don't own Pure Acid (yet) but from what I can understand from the chatter hereabouts I suspect that that this app can serve as a rather fancy sequencer running other synths and percussion minus the acid. I'm assuming I can route the midi anywhere I want. Anyone tried this?

I'll get flayed alive for saying this ... but the sequencer isn't all that awesome IMO. I wouldn't get it just for that. I do love the app though, and the pattern generator for the bass sequences is good, if somewhat limited to funky grooves (IMO ... don't shoot me anyone.)

• @Soundscaper said:
    Never really embraced the acid genre - couldn't afford the drugs back then. So I don't own Pure Acid (yet) but from what I can understand from the chatter hereabouts I suspect that that this app can serve as a rather fancy sequencer running other synths and percussion minus the acid. I'm assuming I can route the midi anywhere I want. Anyone tried this?

I don’t use it for the acid sound much. Filter stays closed down for much of the time although I may have a pulse from the LFO giving it some gentle movement. That gets fed through Wider for, well, a little stereo width. And yes, I’ll pipe the midi out to something like BASSalicious 2 to layer some sub weight in there. It’s a really great grooving bassline sequencer in it’s own right.....