Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @Cyp3 said:
    It sounds great! I would totally buy hardware gear this "jim audio " fella made!

Best music app developer ever!!!

• Best update ever!

• @anickt said:
    Best update ever!

:smiley:

• Feature request:
    Please please please can we get a random beat generator where we can select the type of beat (4/4, break, drop, fill, build etc.) similar to the way we choose the type of pattern to be generated for the synth.
    :smiley:

• Still my favorite app of 2019.

• @YourJunk said:
    Still my favorite app of 2019.

...and 2020.

• The Hi Band Delay is a great idea.

• Update!!!

• Thanks @jimpavloff for your support!

• @jimpavloff said:
    To Pure Acid users (a hidden tip):
    did you know, that holding down the Step Edit button in the Drums section, you will be able to edit additional 16 steps (backbeats)? Backbeats are steps which shifted forward by a half step between the main 16 steps.

I did not know. I’m gonna have to put this into practice. Is there a hidden Devilfish mod somewhere under the shift key, also?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

You can find cheat codes on a few obscure web chat rooms. Not gonna help u find them tho.

• @wim said:
    You can find cheat codes on a few obscure web chat rooms. Not gonna help u find them tho.

😹

• Best app I’ve ever bought.

• edited February 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@Beaches said:
    Anybody used the PA Drum channel midi out yet?
    I fancy using it to sequence a Roland TR8S (with a triggered Jomox analogue kick on the external in) and am a little daunted as to the midi set up :/

PA is awesome, the melodic/bass seq is brilliant, but the drum programming just sucks.

Map Rozeta rhythm or xox into pa for a wayyyy better experience.

True! The melodic sequencer is perfect.
    Rozeta rhythm is my favortite drum sequencer, I have to map it. The PA one is quite basic

• About to join the party here...
    Can those effects be used as AU on other than PA tracks?

• edited February 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    About to join the party here...
    Can those effects be used as AU on other than PA tracks?

At this time you can use multiple instances of the complete “Pure Acid“ app as AUs, but not the individual units separately.

It would be nice to have each effect or midi sequencer etc. separately.

• What’s happened? I’ve been away doing other things so I may have missed this- I pulled out Pure Acid to get in the groove- when I go to the compose section on a previously saved user pattern it is now defaulting again to ‘C chromatic’. I’m sure this had been fixed before to keep it in the same scale?

• Holy shit @ this update

• Multi out!!!

• Another fantastic update!

• Released on 3/03 day too. Nice work Jim.

• edited March 2020

Nice.. it’s one more reason we need GR-19 Auv3...

Multi-out +

Thank you Mr. Jim...

• how does the multi out work?

• @eross said:
    how does the multi out work?

Can't really understand the mechanism either...

• Multiple Output AUv3 plugin added (currently supported in AUM). Now there are two Pure Acid plugins in the system. In "Multiple Output" version, there is one Master bus and 5 additional output audio busses (6 outputs in total). You can assign Bass (and/or Drums) outputs to either MFX, or one of 6 output busses (Mixer section -> MFX/Bus channel buttons). Also, you can map individual drum outputs to any of these 6 busses (under the "Drum Set/Bus" switch). You can also assign send effects Fx A and Fx B outputs to any bus as well. Note, that MFX output is always being sent to the Master bus and cannot be mapped.
  • @jimpavloff said:

• Multiple Output AUv3 plugin added (currently supported in AUM). Now there are two Pure Acid plugins in the system. In "Multiple Output" version, there is one Master bus and 5 additional output audio busses (6 outputs in total). You can assign Bass (and/or Drums) outputs to either MFX, or one of 6 output busses (Mixer section -> MFX/Bus channel buttons). Also, you can map individual drum outputs to any of these 6 busses (under the "Drum Set/Bus" switch). You can also assign send effects Fx A and Fx B outputs to any bus as well. Note, that MFX output is always being sent to the Master bus and cannot be mapped.

This is great. Thank you :)

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Charlesalbert said:

@eross said:

1. Load Pure Acid Multi-output into an audio channel in AUM
    2. Go to the Mixer section in pure acid and tap the button at the bottom of the settings for the BassLine or Drums. By default it says "MFX", but will change to the different busses as you tap it.
    3. Add another audio channel in AUM. Tap the the input position and select the Pure Acid Multi-output channel shown.
    4. Tap the number with a curving down arrow to the left of the icon to select the bus you set in step 2.

For individual drums substitute:
    2. Go to the Drums Section And tap the switch at the left of the lowest pad twice to switch it to bus selection. Tapping each pad will cycle through the various output busses.

• @wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@eross said:

1. Load Pure Acid Multi-output into an audio channel in AUM
    2. Go to the Mixer section and tap the button at the bottom of the settings for the BassLine or Drums. By default it says "MFX", but will change to the different busses as you tap it.
    3. Add another audio channel in AUM. Tap the the input position and select the Pure Acid Multi-output channel shown.
    4. Tap the number with a curving down arrow to the left of the icon to select the bus you set in step 2.

For individual drums substitute:
    2. Go to the Drums Section And tap the switch at the left of the lowest pad twice to switch it to bus selection. Tapping each pad will cycle through the various output busses.

thanks as always @wim so kind.

• Thank you @jimpavloff !! Awesome update to an awesome app!