Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Positive advice for dealing with Covid-19 (no politics or complaints about governance please)

McDMcD
edited March 2020 in Other

It's not clear that this virus is going to take a huge tool in terms of lives and human misery but the economic impacts are obviously going to be intense in the short term.

Any updates or advice appreciated. If you don't care then please just drop this thread like someone asking for rumors about Drambeaux ship dates. Can you do that and keep the arguments out of sharing thoughts, feelings, news and advice about the spread of Covid-19.

I'm no moderator but I'll ignore anyone that tries to add politics into a rationale discussion of a serious change in our world. If you are a skeptic that let us do some "group" without you please.

Who would like to share. I'm in the 6-8% group so this ain't no party, this ain't no disco. I feel good about being able to handle the virus but my wife has auto-immune issues and my habits will impact more that just me... and that's true of everyone to reduce the overall impacts on our communities.

Comments

• @McD said:
    It's not clear that this virus is going to take a huge tool in terms of lives and human misery but the economic impacts are obviously going to be intense in the short term.

Any updates or advice appreciated. If you don't care then please just drop this thread like someone asking for rumors about Drambeaux ship dates. Can you do that and keep the arguments out of sharing thoughts, feelings, news and advice about the spread of Covid-19.

I'm no moderator but I'll ignore anyone that tries to add politics into a rationale discussion of a serious change in our world. If you are a skeptic that let us do some "group" without you please.

Who would like to share. I'm in the 6-8% group so this ain't no party, this ain't no disco. I feel good about being able to handle the virus but my wife has auto-immune issues and my habits will impact more that just me... and that's true of everyone to reduce the overall impacts on our communities.

My friend, I have been following the news about this coronavirus closely since I invest in the stock market. From what I have read about the way it spreads, about 80-90% of humanity is going to get it but it is not going as mortal as what you see on the news. More people have died from other viruses in the past. Most of the people that have had any complications are old and young. When the summer comes the issue appears to be that it is not going to be as big as it is now, but who knows.

Our only hope is that it mutates and becomes benign but that is another matter. Laboratories have said that it will take between 1,5 to 2 years to develop a vaccine

• Remember what is important and keep that close.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Remember what is important and keep that close.

I’d agree and more time for dancin’ and loveedovee.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Remember what is important and keep that close.

OK... what's important? I got tissues, hand sanitizer, hand soap and Doritos. Damn... I forgot the bean dip. Might go out again.

The reporting of confirmed cases seems to be going up fast and at this point about 75 miles away in a city I need to visit weekly for a group meeting in a public building. I'm not panicking but I think people need to do the right things for the best outcomes.

• Use the self checkout at the supermarket. Stock up on paracetamol.
    If you do get it it's apparently fairly rough. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/29/to-hell-and-back-my-three-weeks-suffering-from-coronavirus
    Be prepared to stay at home for a couple of weeks. Assume there will be little or no medical help available. There's an argument that you'd need better off getting before the rush, but deliberately getting it may be as hard as avoiding it.
    I just hope Drambo comes out before I get it. It's bad enough constantly refreshing that thread when I'm well.

• Wash your hands!! Even the self serve is germ encrusted!
    Hazmat suit.

• edited March 2020

Hi. Hi live in Italy. Veneto, where there is a full Coronavirus spread zone. Here school are closed. I work at university, no students only teachers and technicians.
    It’s a kind of public delirium. In the reality here everything is like all other days. Supermarket are full of stocks, people are in the streets and so on.
    Coronavirus is a normal flu. The only difference is that newspapers and television are only talking about it, 24h a day. A normal flu kills old and weaken people, so the problem is always the same since 10000 years. If you have a good immune system you won’t get flu, if you don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat in a good way, you will be ok.
    Wash your hands, have a good life and don’t listen to media: they want to create panic, but coronavirus is simply a product to create audience.
    Regards.
    Now I go to the gym. It’s open, full of people, no problem.

• Now that’s stupid. Germany here... I live 40Km away from 3 new infections. Interesting... feeling it so near to our door.

• Here’s the plan

• I live in backsville UK. We have very poor internet. We have pretty poor transport and local services, except maybe a friendly library. If we want something, it’s usually a case of ordering it or travelling. I’m aware that there is always a chance of the virus travelling here, but compared to most places, the percentages chances are likely less.

So I suppose, for myself, the main risk is my wife bringing it home from the school she works in or when we have visited the hospital or GP surgery.

For others, it’s just a matter of being sensible, cautious and being aware of your own personal circumstances to reduce risk. That’s the main point I’d make - just reduce any risk the best you can.

Be safe folks and good luck in all aspects of life.

• I have no clue. It is also around the corner here but i will do just as every day. They say it will stay now anyway (like each flu) and it will take until next year for a vaccination (which i never get also for flu).
    While it looks not too dramatic yet who knows if it mutates and get more agressive over time. Think about the spanish flu. Yes, we have better medicine but these pharma groups are also more focused on selling drugs a lifetime. But that is another theme.
    But maybe we have to live with it and more to come if the permafrost melt.
    One for sure, it will not get better with mankind and more to come.
    While we at it. I wonder how much it will influence Apple. I mean almost anyone is producing in china.
    Here already people making panic buys which is strange. Then you know what happens when it really would get out of control. I give the people 2-3 days and we fight against our neighbours.
    Positive, just live your life. There is not much we can do.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020

Coronavirus is a new dumb detector.

Like the Powerbalance, the homeopathy, the acupuncture or the religion.

If you are worried, you have another problem....but no the coronavirus

• @ecstaticax said:
    if you don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat in a good way, you will be ok.
    Regards.

@Max23 said:
    Avoid crowds, avoid kids (if they aren’t your own), avoid public transport
    Desinfekt your hands every time you come home

I’m screwed, oh well dance till you drop.
    Now I go to the cemetery. It’s closed, full of people, big problem. :o

• @ecstaticax said:
    Hi. Hi live in Italy. Veneto, where there is a full Coronavirus spread zone. Here school are closed. I work at university, no students only teachers and technicians.
    It’s a kind of public delirium. In the reality here everything is like all other days. Supermarket are full of stocks, people are in the streets and so on.
    Coronavirus is a normal flu. The only difference is that newspapers and television are only talking about it, 24h a day. A normal flu kills old and weaken people, so the problem is always the same since 10000 years. If you have a good immune system you won’t get flu, if you don’t smoke, don’t drink, eat in a good way, you will be ok.
    Wash your hands, have a good life and don’t listen to media: they want to create panic, but coronavirus is simply a product to create audience.
    Regards.

It ain’t no normal flu. It sends apparently healthy people to the ICU. I’m a MD in Italy, I know what I’m saying.

• The usual advice when you are in flu season applies. Wash your hands often, stay away from crowds, if you feel yourself getting sick don't go to work or the market. Surgical Masks don't do anything, they weren't designed to stop bacteria or viruses.

• edited March 2020

• @ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

If you look at the current statistics, the fatality rate is much higher for covid-19 than for the flu. The current statistics from WHO for people 50-59 is 1.3% fatality rate for those that become symptomatic. For flu, for that age group, the fatality rate is .05%. That is quite a large difference.

I am not suggesting panic, but people should also stop saying that this is no different from seasonal flu.

We still don't have good stats on the transmission rate as the data is still young and very incomplete.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

If you look at the current statistics, the fatality rate is much higher for covid-19 than for the flu. The current statistics from WHO for people 50-59 is 1.3% fatality rate for those that become symptomatic. For flu, for that age group, the fatality rate is .05%. That is quite a large difference.

I am not suggesting panic, but people should also stop saying that this is no different from seasonal flu.

We still don't have good stats on the transmission rate as the data is still young and very incomplete.

That’s because flu has a vaccine, corona not.

• edited March 2020

Living in Italy. In a region where covid are spreading (Veneto). If I have to listened to news from tv and internet I have to expect to see zombies on the street. Fortunately is not like this. Living my life normally and all seems the same to me. Only economic thing is getting really bad. One week from first infection in Italy. I work as a lawyer and this week I saw no clients since everyone was to scared to see other people.
    I also have some apartments that I rent through Airbnb in the historical center of the city.
    Here the effects of the news are devastating. A lot of people cancelled their reservations and I have the felling that it will only get worse.
    Now that covid is here I feel guilty to have thought that China was a third world country in managing the epidemy and that there was something like the apocalypse in their streets.
    I think that we all have to stay calm. Observe servere hygienic rules and live our lives like before because it will be a long time before we can fix all this mess.
    One good thing is that I have a guy I know, working as doctor that got the virus and now he is ok. In Italy, as now, only old people with previous health problem die. Not that this is a good thing but only to say that we can face this with a little less paranoia.
    Take care all.

• @knewspeak said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

And?

The reason for the difference is irrelevant to the question of which carries a greater risk at this point in time. Today, flu simply does not carry the same risk (not even close) of death for people over 50.

We also don't have enough data to know what impact a vaccine will have on fatality rate of those that become infected (which is the statistic I was giving).

Transmission rate , infection rate and fatality rate are all different vectors.

Again. I am not suggesting panic, but people should use the best facts available and not be falsely reassuring either.

• @ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

It seems that we ha a lot of Veneti here 😀

We will remain strong.

I forgot to say about schools. All closed here. I have two twins of barely two years.

In these days they use living room as a basketball playground. Pretty raw🤣🤣🤣And also zero free time for us parents.

They only help come from Peppa Pig and Masha and the Bear.

They also try every time to steal my iPad, keyboardA and other instruments as soon as I only look at them😱

• My wife is a nurse practitioner. Her advice: Wash your hands constantly.

• @espiegel123 said:

@knewspeak said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

And?

The reason for the difference is irrelevant to the question of which carries a greater risk at this point in time. Today, flu simply does not carry the same risk (not even close) of death for people over 50.

We also don't have enough data to know what impact a vaccine will have on fatality rate of those that become infected (which is the statistic I was giving).

Transmission rate , infection rate and fatality rate are all different vectors.

Again. I am not suggesting panic, but people should use the best facts available and not be falsely reassuring either.

If there was no vaccine for influenza the mortality rate would likely be very similar.

As for the governmental powers, the latest from a top health official, here in the United Kingdom is that a person with the viral infection wouldn’t be a cause for concern passing through an airport, but places, where known infected people have been, subsequently ‘deep cleaning’ takes place.

• edited March 2020

If there was no vaccine for influenza the mortality rate would likely be very similar.

Isn't the mortality rate for those who develop symptoms? So vaccinated people (unless the vaccine fails) aren't in that mortality statistic at all.

While we are on vaccinations though: Get your flu vaccination. You don't want to be weakened by flu and also contract COVID-19.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don’t think anyone’s mentioned taking vitamin D as a preventive measure. It apparently boosts the immune system especially in winter months when sunlight is scarce.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecstaticax said:
    Regards.

Most of people are not dying because of CoronaVirus, but with also coronavirus. It’s very different. Coronavirus is not the main cause.