Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garage band

2»

Comments

• I guess Apples thoughts are, if you're asking for input slot, you already paid for GB.

• +1 on @mgmg4871 comment. I lol'd. I think the reality is they want their app to be the destination for all music for whatever reason. I think it could possibly have to do with them wanting to see "produced by GarageBand" on music so it will drive sales, but that's wild speculation and probably on a piece of the puzzle if at all.

• Who ever said that u CANT get the sounds out of GB

• In case you thought that video was going to reveal that GB could be an IAA instrument, it isn't. It's about the GB->email->drafts->open in method. :(

• I know this is all water under the bridge for most of you, but much as I would like to see better exporting of pieces from GB, I don't mind (at a push) simply muting other tracks and then 'opening in' the unmuted track in Auria. Weirdly (or not) and without doing a thing to it, the sound is always immediately (and significantly) fuller.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't appreciate any other suggestions or workarounds if you know of any...

• I think GB gets a little short shrift 'round these parts, but I have enjoyed using it ever since I learned how to use the friggin' thing... I use it partly for original music & composing (GB for the most part has enough sound flexibility for my needs) and as a DAW (especially since I discovered the non-destructive editing of audio tracks), thanks again to Audiobus! But there was a time or two when I've thought GB in input would be cool (in order to bounce tracks), but it hasn't kept me from getting things done. But I'd like input, as well.

• These are all the Apple sanctioned methods: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17218

You might also find this thread of interest.

Maybe someone else knows some additional Audiobus/AudioShare/AudioCopy voodoo.

• Gracias Mister Charge.

• Hi. I have the GarageBand instales on my MacBook Pro and want to install ti on my iPad 2 iOS 9. They are using the same Apple id and I can't dowload it from App Store. Would somebody he me please?

• I tried on my old iPad2 and it will not let me download either. Apple used to let you download the last compatible version, but maybe they stopped doing that. Possibly someone else around here may know more. :/

• The last couple of GB updates have required min Air 1 iPad I think. iPad 4 or older can't run it.

• I've lately been watching Pete Johns videos on Garage Band.
    I love the fact that he doesn't focus too much on what is NOT there but what actually IS there :)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BWO4JfxBFSSf41dtF8hqg/videos

• @Samu said:
    I love the fact that he doesn't focus too much on what is NOT there but what actually IS

What a shockingly oldfashioned concept. :D

• Unfortunately, Garageband always seems toyish, although it's supergreat...
    but, the so called Pro users will not ever say that they like GB in public (even if they use it sometimes)...

There's still a few things that's missing... MIDI import is one basic thing... And, Audiobus input slot (will never happen?)...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Unfortunately, Garageband always seems toyish, although it's supergreat...

What's already there is pretty darn good :)

but, the so called Pro users will not ever say that they like GB in public (even if they use it sometimes)...

Dub it ' Logic Mobile' and things might change?!

There's still a few things that's missing... MIDI import is one basic thing... And, Audiobus input slot (will never happen?)...

For me it would be enough with automation of AUv3 (Instruments & Effects) and slightly improved audio & midi routing and full editing of the instruments and their recorded data.

GB being an IAA-Generator would be enough as I'm not dependent on AB for the stuff I do...

• I view GB as my favorite clean “operating system” for AUv3. hopefully it’s implementation will be complete soon.

All the fancy power tools could then be implemented as AU. Effects, sequencers, synths. Maybe even one day the default keyboard could be modular.

• @Samu said:
    I've lately been watching Pete Johns videos on Garage Band.
    I love the fact that he doesn't focus too much on what is NOT there but what actually IS there :)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BWO4JfxBFSSf41dtF8hqg/videos. Couldn't agree more Samu. I stumbled on Pete's channel, it's down to earth and he gets on with it in a easy to understand fashion that works. Taught me a few things that's for sure, and I'm the type who likes to keep things simple.

• Another 'smaller' thing I'd love to add to Garage Band is the way the onscreen keyboard velocity is handled.

While the accelerometer based velocity may work for some I really do prefer the Y-Axis way to control the note-velocity when using onscreen keyboards.

At least with the Air 2 the 'smart cover' is almost mandatory in order to make the accelerometer based velocity sensing somewhat reliable. If the Air 2 is flat on the table the velocity sensing is almost non existent...

• @Samu said:
    I've lately been watching Pete Johns videos on Garage Band.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BWO4JfxBFSSf41dtF8hqg/videos

Looks good and very current. Thanks for sharing that, bookmarked for viewing later. B)

• Hello, which is the difference between import a project from garageband to logic vs cubasis to logic or auria pro to logic or beat maker 3 to logic?
    My idea is start in the ipad and finish in the mac but, i didn’t buy any daw in ios. I don’t know if spent in another daw, or in audio units for garageband.
    Another question, what happen when do you record with audio units at the moment that you export the file? Because, i just have noise audio unit (that its free) and when you open the project in your mac appear an error saying that you don’t have noise plugin.... so it happen with all audio units? For example model 15?
    Any other recommendation that you would like to tell me about apps that will be usefull to work in ipad but finish using that in logic, please tell me i will appreciate

• Hi gang. I'm using GarageBand '11, version 6.0.5, and have discovered that when I send a song to iTunes, the pan settings for my various tracks don't carry over into iTunes. It's all centered, as though I was listening to it in mono. Anybody know what's going on and what I should do?

• @Bootsy said:
    I'm mean were on audiobus for a reason and it isn't to record into GB!

I use AB with GB for a good number of my music projects - GB is great, but it doesn’t have THAT many sounds... which is where AB comes in handy sometimes.