Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Blocs Wave is dead?

Well, at least on my iPhone (6s with latest iOS 13.3.1). It freezes on the opening main screen and doesn‘t react to any touches, except sometimes completely shutting down. Deleted and re-installed, but with same results.

On my iPad it still runs fine.

Any information or ideas?

Comments

• Have you tried deleting it followed by a soft reset of the iPhone then reinstalling?

• On a 6 , so not on 13 yet....
    All good here

• @robosardine said:
    Have you tried deleting it followed by a soft reset of the iPhone then reinstalling?

Yes, but to no avail.

• @LeonKowalski said:

@robosardine said:
    Have you tried deleting it followed by a soft reset of the iPhone then reinstalling?

Yes, but to no avail.

Have you power-cycled your device?

• A long shot this one but I would try (though you possibly/probably have already) sneaking in through the back door.
    Don’t open Blocs Wave- but open AudioShare. Then use a WAV to ‘open in’ Blocs Wave- as you know this will normally make Blocs Wave open. I’m hoping there is a different process involved in the opening mechanics doing it this way.

• @espiegel123 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@robosardine said:

Yes, but to no avail.

Err, what does that mean?

• @robosardine said:
    A long shot this one but I would try (though you possibly/probably have already) sneaking in through the back door.
    Don’t open Blocs Wave- but open AudioShare. Then use a WAV to ‘open in’ Blocs Wave- as you know this will normally make Blocs Wave open. I’m hoping there is a different process involved in the opening mechanics doing it this way.

Thanks for the idea. Tried it, it actually opens the import menu. And freezes there, same way, not reacting to any touches and shutting down after 5 to 10 seconds.

• Final bump to first page. Thanks for the support, guys, but if no one has the great idea to rescue it, I'm gonna drop Blocs Wave from my Phone to free up space... sigh...

• Maybe after the next update. Try contacting the support team @AmpifyxNovation

• @robosardine said:
    Maybe after the next update. Try contacting the support team @AmpifyxNovation

Yes, that's my hope. Thanks again for the advice, I'll try to contact them. 👍

• @LeonKowalski said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@robosardine said:

Yes, but to no avail.

It means ”have you tried turning it off and on again?”. 😀

• @Stiksi said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@robosardine said:

Yes, but to no avail.

And by turning off, I mean shutting it down by sliding the onscreen slide switch to power it down (as opposed to putting it to sleep and waking it up)

• Totally confused.. how did I miss this?

• edited March 2020

@Stiksi said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Stiksi said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@robosardine said:

Yes, but to no avail.

And by turning off, I mean shutting it down by sliding the onscreen slide switch to power it down (as opposed to putting it to sleep and waking it up)

Yes, thank you guys, I did exactly that.

• Have you looked at the crash log to see if there are any clues there?
    Go Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Analytics Data

If you have a crash record there you can look at it (and others) to see if there is something similar about them (particular audio file, somehwere in the process where it crashes, etc).

Good chance the developer will ask you for this as well. Not sure if they are removed when app is removed, so might be worth keeping app on there until you hear from developer.

• @DYMS said:
    Have you looked at the crash log to see if there are any clues there?
    Go Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Analytics Data

If you have a crash record there you can look at it (and others) to see if there is something similar about them (particular audio file, somehwere in the process where it crashes, etc).

Good chance the developer will ask you for this as well. Not sure if they are removed when app is removed, so might be worth keeping app on there until you hear from developer.

Thank you for your help! 🙏🏻 Actually the developers / support have contacted me with that request, and I have sent them the crash log.