Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis/Audiobus sync timing issues

Hey all, so I’m wondering if I’m just doing something REALLY wrong somewhere, but when I setup Pure Acid in Audiobus as Auv3 and use Cubasis, the timing for recording audio is terribly off on the Cubasis timeline. Am I syncing something wrong? I’ve tried messing with as many different settings as I can to try and get the timing right, but let’s say I record just a straight 4/4 kick, it rushes the clock at the beginning, then “stabilizes”, but is still way off from the Cubasis grid.

Comments

• @Blacklit said:
    Hey all, so I’m wondering if I’m just doing something REALLY wrong somewhere, but when I setup Pure Acid in Audiobus as Auv3 and use Cubasis, the timing for recording audio is terribly off on the Cubasis timeline. Am I syncing something wrong? I’ve tried messing with as many different settings as I can to try and get the timing right, but let’s say I record just a straight 4/4 kick, it rushes the clock at the beginning, then “stabilizes”, but is still way off from the Cubasis grid.

Why aren't you loading the PureAcid AUv3 directly into Cubasis? That would be the least likely to have issues.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Blacklit said:

Why aren't you loading the PureAcid AUv3 directly into Cubasis? That would be the least likely to have issues.

@espiegel123 said:

@Blacklit said:

Why aren't you loading the PureAcid AUv3 directly into Cubasis? That would be the least likely to have issues

Is there a way to do that? The only way I see it able to be opened as an AU in Cubasis is midi only, not audio

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

It’s there for me in Cubasis 2...
    [edit] ... but not getting audio recorded at first attempt. I need to look into this further.
    [edit 2] ... OK, I’m stumped how to record the audio from PureAcid’s internal sequencers when hosted in Cubasis. I can hear it, but can’t record?

• @wim said:
    [edit] ... but not getting audio recorded at first attempt. I need to look into this further.
    [edit 2] ... OK, I’m stumped how to record the audio from PureAcid’s internal sequencers when hosted in Cubasis. I can hear it, but can’t record?

Yeah see what I mean?? All I want to be able to do is record the drums and 303 on separate tracks from the Pure Acid sequencers into Cubasis and have it sync

• IAA in an audio track might work. Can’t try right now though.

I would just render audio in the standalone, then import it

• @Blacklit said:

@wim said:

Yeah see what I mean?? All I want to be able to do is record the drums and 303 on separate tracks from the Pure Acid sequencers into Cubasis and have it sync

If you do a mixdown in Cubasis of the AU, you get the audio track which you can then re-import as Audio. Are you manipulating PureAcid in realtime in ways that Cubasis won't capture? If not, record the MIDI (if any) and automation in Cubasis then do a mixdown with your PureAcid AU solo-ed an reimport the result to an audio track.

If that won't work for you, how do you have Audiobus and Cubasis sync setup?

• Hi all,

Dropped Jim a short message, to check if he's able to have a look.

Best,
    Lars

• Hi guys,
    Regarding Cubasis 2: in order to create a freeze audio clip from Pure Acid, you must first create an empty midi clip on Pure Acid's track. Then it will render pretty close to the grid. Otherwise, if you try to record audio from one track to another, it result in grid shifting (in other AU's too, just tested it with Electribe Wave).

• @jimpavloff said:
    Hi guys,
    Regarding Cubasis 2: in order to create a freeze audio clip from Pure Acid, you must first create an empty midi clip on Pure Acid's track. Then it will render pretty close to the grid. Otherwise, if you try to record audio from one track to another, it result in grid shifting (in other AU's too, just tested it with Electribe Wave).

Thank you @jimpavloff, for checking the issue and providing your feedback here!

• Hi @Blacklit,

Please have a look at the feedback from @jimpavloff above, and let us know if the issue can be marked as solved.

Thanks
    Lars