Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AnalogKit - how does it hold up?

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

I’ve been on the fence for this one for quiet some time.

However, it was last updated four years ago, but the dev still seems to be „in business“ since he‘s still paying that iTunes fee and also „recently“ changed formalities with the company IIRC.

Anyways, anybody with iOS 13 (and maybe even the iPad Pro 9.7) who has the app and can report if it still works flawlessly? I fear that it may be gone at some point so I’m considering to buy it soon heh

Comments

• on iPadOS 13 there seems to be a problem with the audio engine. Even a simple patch like 'Basic Wind' does not sound clean, it crackles. On an iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 the audio is fine. There are no audio buffer settings neither in the Settings app or in the AnalogKit app.

I guess there have been a couple of changes in recent years, with Core Audio and in general. That's why AudioKit probably only runs on older iOS versions, but not on newer versions.

• @Phil999 said:
    on iPadOS 13 there seems to be a problem with the audio engine. Even a simple patch like 'Basic Wind' does not sound clean, it crackles. On an iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 the audio is fine. There are no audio buffer settings neither in the Settings app or in the AnalogKit app.

I guess there have been a couple of changes in recent years, with Core Audio and in general. That's why AudioKit probably only runs on older iOS versions, but not on newer versions.

I think it’s a samplerate issue. Sad because I really love this app.

• It's a great app with some lovely creations available from the built-in user community library.
    And here's the biggest problem: Over time, the library has grown big enough that the app has troubles accessing all patches, plus everything is stored in a proprietary database so backing up or exchanging patches outside this community is something I have yet to find out how to solve. If you're thinking about purchasing - I would be careful.
    This year, if we're a bit lucky, we will see two great new AUv3 modular synths:
    Drambo and Audulus.
    Since purchasing a modular synth will likely have you spend considerable time with it, the only modular I would recommend at the moment is miRack.
    Nothing gives you more power for this price.

• @rs2000 said:
    It's a great app with some lovely creations available from the built-in user community library.
    And here's the biggest problem: Over time, the library has grown big enough that the app has troubles accessing all patches, plus everything is stored in a proprietary database so backing up or exchanging patches outside this community is something I have yet to find out how to solve. If you're thinking about purchasing - I would be careful.
    Drambo and Audulus.
    Since purchasing a modular synth will likely have you spend considerable time with it, the only modular I would recommend at the moment is miRack.

I suspect Audulus won’t be out this calendar year though I hope that I am wrong.

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@rs2000 said:
    It's a great app with some lovely creations available from the built-in user community library.
    Drambo and Audulus.

I suspect Audulus won’t be out this calendar year though I hope that I am wrong.

Well, wasn't AUv3 support for the current V3 announced last spring (or even before?)
    Seems like the development has stalled now.
    The last thing I've heard is that an AUv3 version was already done, only that there were compatibility issues with some DAWs yet to fix.

I'm a bit disappointed because I've purchased Audulus right after the announcement of AUv3 support in V3.

• @Zaubrer said:
    Anyways, anybody with iOS 13 (and maybe even the iPad Pro 9.7) who has the app and can report if it still works flawlessly?

Flawless is not a word (or an expectation) that is recommend for use in iOS world, or the world in general.
    Nowadays all I hope for in an app is that it is posh and snappy. 😃

• @rs2000 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Drambo and Audulus.

Well, wasn't AUv3 support for the current V3 announced last spring (or even before?)
    The last thing I've heard is that an AUv3 version was already done, only that there were compatibility issues with some DAWs yet to fix.

I'm a bit disappointed because I've purchased Audulus right after the announcement of AUv3 support in V3.

I think it has been close to a year since they announced that despite their earlier announcement that they were not going to be able to get AUv3 working properly in Audulus 3 and that it would have to wait for Audulus 4 which involves a major overhaul of the framework.

• @espiegel123 said:

@rs2000 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@rs2000 said:
    Drambo and Audulus.

I think it has been close to a year since they announced that despite their earlier announcement that they were not going to be able to get AUv3 working properly in Audulus 3 and that it would have to wait for Audulus 4 which involves a major overhaul of the framework.

That does sound like Drambo is going to happen before and I bet I'm not going to look back 😊

• it’s on sale

https://apps.apple.com/app/id984597969

Down from $9.99 to $2.99

• Yeah I just got a mail.

As if they read this thread... it’s the first app activity in 4 years heh

• Maybe it's time to finally get it :lol:

• @Dalle said:
    I think it’s a samplerate issue. Sad because I really love this app.

yes, this must be the problem.