Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geoshred Midi Input Issue

Guys need some help to verify if this is a bug or just user error.

I have GeoShred hosted in AUM. I have a preset in GeoShred with Midi setup in the preset as multi channel as well as Poly. So when i play the preset i can play multiple strings simultaneously.

Ok but when i go to Xequence and use the onboard keyboard in X2, the preset plays mono. I can’t figure it out. Weird thing is that it wasn’t doing this yesterday. I was able to play the GeoShred preset in poly mode straight from X2.

I am using GeoShred as AU.

If anyone can try this out would appreciate it.

Comments

• Also tested as IAA and AU with nothing but AUM hosting GeoShred. If i use AUM’s keyboard, GeoShred plays back only mono interval sounds but if i play GeoShred it sounds poly. So weird... man just when i hd an awesome guitar preset going.😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Also tested as IAA and AU with nothing but AUM hosting GeoShred. If i use AUM’s keyboard, GeoShred plays back only mono interval sounds but if i play GeoShred it sounds poly. So weird... man just when i hd an awesome guitar preset going.😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Maybe post a snapshot of your GEOShred MIDI Out settings?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

I think it's the MIDI in settings we need. And the X2 out and AUM channel midi settings, probably. He's playing GeoShred internal sounds from X2, not using the GeoShred interface.

• Thanks guys. Yeah I took everything out except AUM and GeoShred. So i tried using both AU and IAA. No matter which midi settings i use, the onboard keys of AUM or even X2 keys will not play GeoShred in poly mode.

Now how do i check GeoShred midi out?

@espiegel123 said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Also tested as IAA and AU with nothing but AUM hosting GeoShred. If i use AUM’s keyboard, GeoShred plays back only mono interval sounds but if i play GeoShred it sounds poly. So weird... man just when i hd an awesome guitar preset going.😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Maybe post a snapshot of your GEOShred MIDI Out settings?

@wim said:
    I think it's the MIDI in settings we need. And the X2 out and AUM channel midi settings, probably. He's playing GeoShred internal sounds from X2, not using the GeoShred interface.

• @wim said:

I am a bit slow. I hadn’t picked up on the controlling GS from another app aspect.

• Ok found the midi out stuff yeah if you could just test that. Let me know if you’re able to play poly meaning more than one note simultaneously when using a controller or another app sending midi.

• Hey, @Tones4Christ, it's working just fine here.

• X2 Midi Out on the track: AUM
    • GeoShred AU patch: Steel Dobro Acoustic
    • GeoShred patch play mode: String
    • GeoShred MIDI Settings: Single Channel
    • AUM routing: AUM Destination > GeoShred
  • Did a complete reinstall on iPhone and it fixed it. Totally weird. Maybe all the updates messed my install.