Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help utilizing AB with Cubasis 2

Hello! New to the forum and iOS music making... I make acid house with hardware synthesizers usually, but thought it’d be fun to use Pure Acid and a DAW for some on the go fun.

So I downloaded AB3 and Cubasis 2, but I’m having some difficulty syncing the Pure Acid timeline with Cubasis using Audiobus. It seems like even if I’m able to press the record button transport for Cubasis and The Pure Acid sequencer starts, the sync is just really bad, and even jumbled at first.

Is there something I’m missing?? I know Cubasis doesn’t use Link. What might be the best midi syncing setup for what I’m trying to do? Watched a lot of videos and read the manuals for both Audiobus and Cubasis.

Comments

• @Blacklit said:
    Hello! New to the forum and iOS music making... I make acid house with hardware synthesizers usually, but thought it’d be fun to use Pure Acid and a DAW for some on the go fun.

So I downloaded AB3 and Cubasis 2, but I’m having some difficulty syncing the Pure Acid timeline with Cubasis using Audiobus. It seems like even if I’m able to press the record button transport for Cubasis and The Pure Acid sequencer starts, the sync is just really bad, and even jumbled at first.

Is there something I’m missing?? I know Cubasis doesn’t use Link. What might be the best midi syncing setup for what I’m trying to do? Watched a lot of videos and read the manuals for both Audiobus and Cubasis.

Run PureAcid as an AU inside Cubasis and it will use host sync.

• ^this. You don’t need AB3 for what you want to do. (It’s good for many other things though, so you didn’t waste your money. B) )

• Ok cool, what’s the best workflow then, if say I’d like to record the drum machine in Pure Acid separately, and possibly even individual drum parts?