Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

Comments

• @cp3 said:
    new version 1.2 with snapshots and a bunch of other improvements is now live!

Wow... That is huge..... is that Auv3 Snapshots? Thanks...

BRB....

• edited February 2020

Wow, never noticed the ‘chords, arp’ input.. nice.

Edit Auv3..

• Yeah some nice additions :) hope we also get AU parameters for triggering snapshots and other things because cykle will be even better when hardware or automation for triggering patterns is possible.

• I don't recall having seen Arp/Chord before, what does it do? It's not in the manual.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah some nice additions :) hope we also get AU parameters for triggering snapshots and other things because cykle will be even better when hardware or automation for triggering patterns is possible.

This exactly. In the meantime, having a blast with it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah some nice additions :) hope we also get AU parameters for triggering snapshots and other things because cykle will be even better when hardware or automation for triggering patterns is possible.

Yeah me too, it's much deeper now :)
    I'm finding some bugs with the arp/chord feature sometimes I get it to work, most times not, do you?

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah me too, it's much deeper now :)
    I'm finding some bugs with the arp/chord feature sometimes I get it to work, most times not, do you?

Haven’t played with it. Will give it a go.

• DCJDCJ
    edited February 2020

The scale can be set per instance now! Awesome! There’s a bug with the labels though. No matter what scale you set it to, the labels show the notes according to the C major scale. @cp3

• Used it last night, it's amazing :) especially love the quick custom cc option for advanced noodling...

• @Carnbot said:

snapshots respond to MIDI program changes (i.e., bank select) sent to cykle's MIDI input. I couldn't find a sensible way of exposing this as AU parameters, could you point to any other app that supports such functionality?

@bleep said:
    I don't recall having seen Arp/Chord before, what does it do? It's not in the manual.

also a new feature. you can play notes into cykle's MIDI input which will determine the pitches in the pattern. I still have to update the manual for the new features, will do so asap.

@DCJ said:
    The scale can be set per instance now! Awesome! There’s a bug with the labels though. No matter what scale you set it to, the labels show the notes according to the C major scale. @cp3

ah, should have caught this in the beta. thanks for reporting!

note you have to set the desired MIDI input device in the Menu > Settings > MIDI Input Source (in the standalone version)

• Greeeeeeaaaaattt!!!!! Update!!!!!
    Love it! Thanks for the treat!

• @cp3 said:

@Carnbot said:

snapshots respond to MIDI program changes (i.e., bank select) sent to cykle's MIDI input. I couldn't find a sensible way of exposing this as AU parameters, could you point to any other app that supports such functionality?

Great, thanks for program change :) Perhaps an option to assign midi notes or CCs to the pattern (or they could be fixed assignments on midi channel 10 for example), that would be great if AU parameters is difficult, and would be easier than using just program change from the same device (although that's also really useful to have for external triggering)

I can see Poly2 has AU parameter exposed for pattern changing. Otherwise apps like Rozeta Rhythm has pattern triggering from CCs. :)

• @drewinnit said:
    This app is fascinating, I'm very curious

Are you guys using one instance of cykle per synth, or can you control multiple synths (on different midi channels) from one instance?

I prefer using it in stand-alone mode when I know that I’ll be using multiple synths.
    You can set up the synths in AUM and send midi to them. This way you only have 1 cykle window to deal with and tabs on the bottom for the different sequences/synths.
    Check this out back on page 5.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/707281/#Comment_707281

• I agree with @royor
    Sometimes AU is just an extra layer of mess for me :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:
    I agree with @royor
    Sometimes AU is just an extra layer of mess for me :lol:

That's a good system for it, I agree. But there's also no reason why the AU version couldn't be exactly the same as this :) I guess it's just a bit harder to code that way or something. AUs can have multiple destinations etc

• @cp3 Thanks for the update + new features.. snapshots + scales 👍 Will test the arp/chords tonight.. nice work.. great app!

• edited February 2020

thanks Royor! I knew I saw MIDI channels being mentioned, I forgot it had to be in stand-alone mode

• Is there a way of triggering the mutate function via midi? I’d love to automate a slowly mutating lane.

• @Samu said:
    Even though the initial intention of cykle was not to be a 'drum sequencer' I find it highly addictive for that.
    Only gotcha is the lack of 'custom scale / notes' mode to for example assign 8 notes to match Ruismaker.
    A pentatonic scale could help here too ;)

I just picked the app up yesterday, and was also wondering how well it would work on drums. Haven’t gotten time to play with it yet.

• It’s really a winner with Fractal Bits.

• cp3cp3
    edited February 2020
  • Just bought it and looks like it can be my first choice above rozeta and digikeys. Also I'm not sure it's a good idea but with snapshot addition is it possible to add random ratio knob/slider? So you can make your basic patten and then add little random variations without destroying main idea.

• @lazyass said:
    Just bought it and looks like it can be my first choice above rozeta and digikeys. Also I'm not sure it's a good idea but with snapshot addition is it possible to add random ratio knob/slider? So you can make your basic patten and then add little random variations without destroying main idea.

yes, I'm considering a global 'mutate' function that slightly alters all lanes within the selected snapshot.

• @lazyass said:
    Just bought it and looks like it can be my first choice above rozeta and digikeys. Also I'm not sure it's a good idea but with snapshot addition is it possible to add random ratio knob/slider? So you can make your basic patten and then add little random variations without destroying main idea.

• 1000 for any and all intelligent randomizing features

I double that suggestion so I guess we’re up to +2000?

• @RJB said:

I double that suggestion so I guess we’re up to +2000?

+3000

• you guys talked me into it! i’m going broke around here 🤣🤣