Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Model:Cycles

edited February 2020 in Other

Elektron's big announcement tomorrow was at least partly leaked. (It seems Red Means Recording did a tutorial/early look and scheduled it to appear tomorrow — and YouTube it loaded today.) If it's only this kind of budget drum machine, people will be bummed.

Comments

• At this point it seems like they’re just flooding the marked with crippled recycled ideas for those of us in the lower price bracket.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m actually kind of stoked. The teasers sound really good, and i have contemplated getting a second digitone. Even with everything I already have (which is more than enough) I don’t have a dedicated drum synth... bonus points for the Elektron sequencer. At the probable price point I won’t feel like I threw a ton of money on something I don’t need.

• edited February 2020

Wow!

That's underwhelming. I guess they can't do anything not in pairs, but Models Uno is already a drum machine... 🤐

• edited February 2020

even though the model samples doesn't actually sample it's a very good piece, they might have not included all the bells and whistles but they did include the sequencer and an immensely better workflow for using it.... finding another way to get your samples into a sampler/groovebox has never been more of it's own incentive before!!!! it is not a toy. The only reason I'm bummed about this new one is because I can't wait until they apply the model series workflow to their next flagship model and digitakt mk2 hopefully down the pipeline.
    imagine if the Samplr app had the elektron sequencer inside but made it as easy to use as ikaossilator, that's what the Model Samples basically is but....... with panning!!!!

cons
    no stereo samples
    no direct sampling
    poultry amount of ram/and storage

still dopalicious.

• @auxmux said:
    Wow!

That's underwhelming. I guess they can't do anything not in pairs, but Models Uno is already a drum machine... 🤐

I think it’s all about what your into, i’m a sucker for FM, and freeing up some of the digitone voices makes this thing a bit attractive (to me). That said I have a short attention span and now i’m looking at lo fi pedals that cost roughly the same if not less so... maybe I should stop looking at gear.

• @kobamoto said:
    even though the model samples doesn't actually sample it's a very good piece, they might have not included all the bells and whistles but they did include the sequencer and an immensely better workflow for using it.... finding another way to get your samples into a sampler/groovebox has never been more of it's own incentive before!!!! it is not a toy. The only reason I'm bummed about this new one is because I can't wait until they apply the model series workflow to their next flagship model and digitakt mk2 hopefully down the pipeline.
    imagine if the Samplr app had the elektron sequencer inside but made it as easy to use as ikaossilator, that's what the Model Samples basically is but....... with panning!!!!

cons
    no stereo samples
    no direct sampling

still dopalicious.

Agreed, I don’t have an MS because that spot in my studio is already pretty covered but after finally playing with one and seeing some things people were doing I was pretty impressed.

• @SanMateo said:

@auxmux said:
    Wow!

I think it’s all about what your into, i’m a sucker for FM, and freeing up some of the digitone voices makes this thing a bit attractive (to me). That said I have a short attention span and now i’m looking at lo fi pedals that cost roughly the same if not less so... maybe I should stop looking at gear.

man those pedals are as bad as modular gear, keep swearing not another after each one

• @kobamoto said:

@SanMateo said:

@auxmux said:
    Wow!

man those pedals are as bad as modular gear, keep swearing not another after each one

You and me both... sigh

• OK, I'm not sure exactly what this does.
    Is the Model:Cycles a kind of Digitone Lite the way Model:Samples is Digitakt Lite?
    Sounds are pretty good, though. $299.

• I've been trying to think what iOS drum machine this sounds like, and it kind of puts me in mind of Elastic Drums, but then it hit me: Tokyo in Gadget!

• This is like Ruismaker FM with knobs :)

• @kobamoto said:

cons
    no stereo samples
    no direct sampling

still dopalicious.

Cannot believe my ears. Is this actually finally you saying ‘I don’t care about panning in Samplr’?!!! If so, end of an era!

• @Samu said:
    This is like Ruismaker FM with knobs :)

THAT'S the one.

• Not sure whether to add to a volca drum and volca modular along with ios synths.

There should be ultimate ios drum machines soon and volca drum and modular can be used as noise synths so you can focus and write drums in ios. Starting drums in hardware make you not rewrite in ios but an Elekton addition seems good right?

It comes down to its functions and then the sound.

• Plaits percussion meets knob per function Elektron sequencer? I dig it! (Little Elektron things like ‘control all’ get superpowers with a macro driven synth engine...)

• Na. Just checked. Will just focus on ios. Good thing about the volca is it can be relegated to a weirder synth. The elektron dosent seem to shape sounds as much for it to be relegated in the same way. Its all on ios though to make a better drum machine.

• Dunno.

lol

• @supadom said:
    At this point it seems like they’re just flooding the marked with crippled recycled ideas for those of us in the lower price bracket.

Some people want exactly that!
    It's new, it's fresh, it's an elektron - so it's a must-have instabuy.

• @supadom said:

@kobamoto said:

cons
    no stereo samples
    no direct sampling

still dopalicious.

Cannot believe my ears. Is this actually finally you saying ‘I don’t care about panning in Samplr’?!!! If so, end of an era!

lol, I just reminded him about it yesterday

• Hey check the reviews uploaded on youtube by cuckoo, bobeats and loopop

• edited February 2020

The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts.
    thought I wouldn't be as interested as I am, though not as sophisticated a machine as other elektron boxes it is a more sophisticated instrument due to the workflow enhancements. can't believe they didn't put a randomizer in it, or did they.
    great on the go sketchpad and more from the looks

• This is interesting:

• Battery In: Center positive 5.5  ×  2.1 barrel jack, 4–10 V DC
    • 2 × slots for attaching Power Handle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)
  • Will hopefully buy.

A volca might have to go. Or just add any to zoom if needed.

Which is it?

Volca drum or volca modular?

This machine just makes ios a synth.

• Cenk always do it well. Nice box, and it’s works with IOS.

• @kobamoto said:

Whoa, @TheAudioDabbler ! The beginning of this sounds like he sampled your theme music!

• I wasn't expecting anything that would peak my interest but i have to admit,i already ordered it.

I think it sounds really good and the jam factor is high on this one.I just bought a volca drum a few weeks back and thankfully it's still in the refund window.

• edited February 2020

Anybody on the fence should hear these soundcloud tracks. Some of them are pretty amazing.