Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Yes for bundle price to adjust properly scroll all the way to the bottom of The app page then scroll back to the top. It works for me every time. Got DigiKeys for $6 in the bundle, since I already had Digistix.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Yes for bundle price to adjust properly scroll all the way to the bottom of The app page then scroll back to the top. It works for me every time. Got DigiKeys for $6 in the bundle, since I already had Digistix.

Doesn't work for me, still showing £13.99

• I'm getting offered it for seven but not sure I want it right now

• anybody know why there is no swing setting on this interface, but there is one on digistix? seems like it should be there.

• Love the update with the live matrix

• Bought Digikeys a couple of days ago but think it will be a (rare) refund request, certainly at this stage.

The specific case I had in mind involved using it to control other synths, all under AUM, and I had a pattern with repeating same-notes (eg notes 1-5 or 1-9 of a 16 beat pattern.

Tried controlling Model D (mono patch), Model 15 (mono patch), and Lorentz (poly patch). Timing was irregular in every case, and not every note would play. If I varied the pitch, all notes would play, but still timing was not regular. It felt like a combination of note-off info being lost or sent out of sequence, plus some other residual timing issue. And on digging around I could not find any way to control the length of a MIDI note out (eg to set every note to 0.5 of a single step, so note-off would definitely be sent in sequence).

• Trying to love it but I get a lot of notes that doesn't play, or better they play sometimes and sometimes not. Also get out of sync sometimes. Hope it will get fixed.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yes for bundle price to adjust properly scroll all the way to the bottom of The app page then scroll back to the top. It works for me every time. Got DigiKeys for $6 in the bundle, since I already had Digistix.

Doesn't work for me, still showing £13.99

Me too. I’ve managed to get this to update before but can’t remember how. I think it might have just been the passage of time!

• edited February 2020

hey if a note isn’t playing on every pass just think about it as random probability! adds some variation and humanity 😎 also make sure you have your probability settings on right

and i’m playing i know that isn’t what everyone wants or how it should behave but personally it’s ok for a non musical man like myself that is just jamming for fun

• LOL yeah, just use randomization.

• I seem to only have the skipped notes when I use the randomize button, when I put the notes in myself there hasn’t been any skipping

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I seem to only have the skipped notes when I use the randomize button, when I put the notes in myself there hasn’t been any skipping

You could have randomized probability or velocity which could shut down steps

• @anickt said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I seem to only have the skipped notes when I use the randomize button, when I put the notes in myself there hasn’t been any skipping

I thought that at first but the velocity would consistently skip the note wouldn’t it? Sometimes it’s apparent that the note will play and sometimes it won’t. I never use the probability and double checked that as well. It’s not really a big deal for me cos I prefer to staff it out myself but I did see a couple other people saying they had issues as well so I just wanted people to know that imputing it yourself can help

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@anickt said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

I thought that at first but the velocity would consistently skip the note wouldn’t it? Sometimes it’s apparent that the note will play and sometimes it won’t. I never use the probability and double checked that as well. It’s not really a big deal for me cos I prefer to staff it out myself but I did see a couple other people saying they had issues as well so I just wanted people to know that imputing it yourself can help

Try shortening the note duration. Some synths have problems if the note off and note on of a repeated pitch are too close together.

• I’m loving it getting some great riffs after tweaking generated patterns

• How could I filter Midi-out in AB, that the receiving instrument only gets one channel?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Satie said:
    How could I filter Midi-out in AB, that the receiving instrument only gets one channel?

There’s no native way. You need to use a plugin such as mfxStrip or other similar app.

• @wim said:

@Satie said:
    How could I filter Midi-out in AB, that the receiving instrument only gets one channel?

There’s no native way. You need to use a plugin such as mfxStrip or other similar app.

Thanks for the clarification!👍🏽🙏🏽

• So...I’ve got digikeys about 3 hours ago, for the highest price as before and I think I realized why I couldn’t complete bundle with digistix, because I bought digistix and multitrack bundle before((
    For now my only question is, why only one octave down??)I know, I can transpose in AUM channels, but I want to controll it in one app.

• @AlphaNomad said:
    So...I’ve got digikeys about 3 hours ago, for the highest price as before and I think I realized why I couldn’t complete bundle with digistix, because I bought digistix and multitrack bundle before((
    For now my only question is, why only one octave down??)I know, I can transpose in AUM channels, but I want to controll it in one app.

I think the best way to reach the developer is email or Facebook (I agree with you btw, and plan to make same request)

• @espiegel123 said:

Try shortening the note duration. Some synths have problems if the note off and note on of a repeated pitch are too close together.

It’s perhaps different for the inbuilt sounds but I went searching for note duration as a possible fix for this for MIDI out and was completely stumped, could not find it. Given the fact that sometimes subsequent notes simply didn’t play if they were the same note value, but they did in all cases when they were different note values, it seemed like this was the core of the problem - note off being sent at the beginning of the following step and perhaps interfering with the new note on (or arriving out of order?)

• edited February 2020

@Satie said:

By pressing the menu to the left of the app in an AUM channel open up a window and go down to setup which MIDI channels the app will listen to.

You can include AUM in an Audiobus setup and use it to filter your MIDI for you.

• @adrianmg said:

@espiegel123 said:

It’s perhaps different for the inbuilt sounds but I went searching for note duration as a possible fix for this for MIDI out and was completely stumped, could not find it. Given the fact that sometimes subsequent notes simply didn’t play if they were the same note value, but they did in all cases when they were different note values, it seemed like this was the core of the problem - note off being sent at the beginning of the following step and perhaps interfering with the new note on (or arriving out of order?)

The sequencer has no way to set note duration? That sounds problematic. It does sound like that is probably the source of the problem. If you have a midi monitor, peek at the problematic midi to see if there are note offs and ins of the same pitch in close proximity. I ran into that with both StepBud and Poly 2 with their default duration settings.

• @InfoCheck said:

@Satie said:

By pressing the menu to the left of the app in an AUM channel open up a window and go down to setup which MIDI channels the app will listen to.

You can include AUM in an Audiobus setup and use it to filter your MIDI for you.

Yes, thanks - intern in AUM all is fine.
    The thing is, my workflow is, to trigger external soundsources (or instruments in Cubase-Elements, which haven‘t a Midi filter in the input like the big cubase). In AB I can load several instances of one DigiKeys and adress different MIDI outputs. So I have to filter the respective channel out - like @wim said ...

• In AudioBus you could use my Midi Filter and Transpose Mozaic script to filter for a specific channel

• @_ki said:
    In AudioBus you could use my Midi Filter and Transpose Mozaic script to filter for a specific channel

Good idea and good tool. Thanks!🤗👌🏾

• Update out

• oh wow updated to 64 steps per pattern!! that’s great! thank you thank you!! much appreciated that!
    now if we can just make it so one note drags across that whole thing it will be a drone machine!
    @4Pockets

• @reasOne said:
    oh wow updated to 64 steps per pattern!! that’s great! thank you thank you!! much appreciated that!
    now if we can just make it so one note drags across that whole thing it will be a drone machine!
    @4Pockets

Agree on the wow and the drag..... :)