Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One 1.3.7 Update

tjatja
edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

Beside what is written below, it also adds "reset to default" for all buttons that I checked.

This make the Synth finally usable, as you can modify and reset settings.

Great!!!

New Features:

1. Added new AUv3 skins for 11 inch and 12.9 inch iPads
  2. Added MIDI learn for discrete controls
  3. Added MIDI learn for modulation amount knobs
  4. Added context menu for modulation amount knobs
  5. Favourite icon is now displayed next to the preset name
  6. Piano keyboard is now showing notes triggered from MIDI input devices
  7. OSC/LFO waveform menus now drill down to show the selected waveform

Bug Fixes:

1. Tapping on treeview control's items select the incorrect node
  2. Analog synth tunings are one semitone down
  3. When user synchronizes favourite presets to the cloud, the favourite presets list is cleared until the next run
  4. Menus should not close when user taps on the built-in keyboard

Comments

• @tja said:
    Beside what is written below, it also adds "reset to default" for all buttons that I checked.

This make the Synth finally usable, as you can modify and reset settings.

Great!!!

ˋˋˋ
    New Features:

1. Added new AUv3 skins for 11 inch and 12.9 inch iPads
    2. Added MIDI learn for discrete controls
    3. Added MIDI learn for modulation amount knobs
    4. Added context menu for modulation amount knobs
    5. Favourite icon is now displayed next to the preset name
    6. Piano keyboard is now showing notes triggered from MIDI input devices
    7. OSC/LFO waveform menus now drill down to show the selected waveform

Bug Fixes:

1. Tapping on treeview control's items select the incorrect node
    2. Analog synth tunings are one semitone down
    3. When user synchronizes favourite presets to the cloud, the favourite presets list is cleared until the next run
    4. Menus should not close when user taps on the built-in keyboard

ˋˋˋ

Yep.

It still has resizing issues as an Auv3 in AUM.
    When double tapped to make it full screen
    it has a black bar down one side.
    Still useable though.

The menu definitely now works on both my iPad and iPhone SE.
    I haven't tried the midi learn yet as I'm setting up SF-1 for external midi.

Other than that sounds wicked.

I've been using it in AUM with Aphelian Auv3 as note generators
    running four instances of SynthMaster One.

I really like it.

A question can we save our favourites on mass into the cloud?
    or do we have to do each one manually???

• An optional 'reset to saved patch' could be nice if one tweaks a patch beyond recognition and wants to go back step-by-step ;)

• @Samu said:
    An optional 'reset to saved patch' could be nice if one tweaks a patch beyond recognition and wants to go back step-by-step ;)

Very nice idea!

+1

• edited February 2020

@Samu said:
    An optional 'reset to saved patch' could be nice if one tweaks a patch beyond recognition and wants to go back step-by-step ;)

Isn't that same as loading the saved patch, is did I misunderstand :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Samu said:

That reloads any and all buttons ;-)

• So, as a future enhancement to SM1 (desktop & iOS), how about adding sample playback support for the oscillators ? Since we'll start releasing preset expansion banks, this might be handy for sound designers especially.

@Samu said:

Nope, it's about setting a 'tweaked' value back to the value the was saved in the patch/preset.
    Let's say that you do some automation on the filter cutoff with the knob and want to reset it to the 'saved default value' without having to reload the patch/preset.

Usually the knobs go all over the place when recording automation :)

• @Samu said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Samu said:

Nope, it's about setting a 'tweaked' value back to the value the was saved in the patch/preset.
    Let's say that you do some automation on the filter cutoff with the knob and want to reset it to the 'saved default value' without having to reload the patch/preset.

There are Undo, Redo buttons on the top left for that

So, as a future enhancement to SM1 (desktop & iOS), how about adding sample playback support for the oscillators ? Since we'll start releasing preset expansion banks, this might be handy for sound designers especially.

+YES!!

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    So, as a future enhancement to SM1 (desktop & iOS), how about adding sample playback support for the oscillators ? Since we'll start releasing preset expansion banks, this might be handy for sound designers especially.

+YES!!

+1

• @MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Samu said:

There are Undo, Redo buttons on the top left for that

That only would be the same if you only ever want to redo the last or some number of last undos.

A menu option would allow for reset any button to its saved state, in any order.

• @Gravitas said:

Sync to Cloud syncs all favorites (upload + download) with one tap!

• @MobileMusic said:

@Gravitas said:

Thank you.

Another question.

Why is it not in tune?

I have to transpose the keys down 4 semitones or plus 8 semitones for it to be in key?

Is that deliberate?

• @Gravitas said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Gravitas said:

Thank you.

Another question.

Why is it not in tune?

I have to transpose the keys down 4 semitones or plus 8 semitones for it to be in key?

Is that deliberate?

My apologies.

User error somewhere.

It's working okay right now.

That sounds very useful, do you mean something like a tab next to Arp/Seq that allows the waveform to stay visible during sound creation?

• @RJB said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

That sounds very useful, do you mean something like a tab next to Arp/Seq that allows the waveform to stay visible during sound creation?

A separate tab to show waveform is ideal. Currently, the Routing tab is re-used to show waveform while twisting the Index knob and overwritten quickly by routing info.

• @MobileMusic said:
    He already fixed it (a var typo) - will be available in next 1.3.7 update

Still finding it impossible to manage presets in 1.3.7.

They just end up anywhere but in the bank your store them in. I know KV331 say Factory presets can't be overwritten but check out the attached screenshot.

The top three presets are shown are my own but they're there in the middle of the Factory Presets aren't they?

This is on Desktop because I was hoping to be able to sort out the mess here and then sync back to iOS but it's just as broken in Desktop...

Great synth but can't use it unless I can manage my presets!

• How do we access the new AUv3 skins?

• Anyone else getting hung notes in SM1 in AUM? - I so want SM1 to be my 1 live synth, but its the only app that hangs its notes, which is no good live. (Ravenscroft, Neo Soul Studio 2, KQ Dixie, Bx-3 and one synth). Wish it was SM1, but at the mo Pure Synth Platinum 2. With all the other apps, PSP2 is too heavy on RAM for the samples, Layr is too heavy on CPU, SM1 seems light on both, but hangs :-(

• @rhaley I sometimes get hung notes in SM1 but very rarely and randomly

• @charalew said:

@MobileMusic said:

They just end up anywhere but in the bank your store them in. I know KV331 say Factory presets can't be overwritten but check out the attached screenshot.

The top three presets are shown are my own but they're there in the middle of the Factory Presets aren't they?

This is on Desktop because I was hoping to be able to sort out the mess here and then sync back to iOS but it's just as broken in Desktop...

There is a known issue with saving presets. Set the author and bank in the Attributes so they display correctly.

• edited February 2020

@rhaley said:
    Anyone else getting hung notes in SM1 in AUM? - I so want SM1 to be my 1 live synth, but its the only app that hangs its notes, which is no good live. (Ravenscroft, Neo Soul Studio 2, KQ Dixie, Bx-3 and one synth). Wish it was SM1, but at the mo Pure Synth Platinum 2. With all the other apps, PSP2 is too heavy on RAM for the samples, Layr is too heavy on CPU, SM1 seems light on both, but hangs :-(

At times when I switch to another app while playing back in Cubasis with background audio Off and return to Cubasis, a note hangs. I wonder if the synth is the culprit or the DAW because most DAWs and synths have the Panic button to suppress this situation. DAW is sending MIDI notes to the synth and synth is sending back the generated sound from its preset. Which one is the culprit here for hung notes? Cubasis has a Panic button but SM1 doesn't (maybe it doesn't need one). I suspect it is Cubasis (or maybe iOS) :neutral:

• @charalew said:

@MobileMusic said:

Did you edit the bank name when saving the preset? or leave it as Factory Presets ?

• @kv331audio_bulent here what is now happening with menus in aum full screen on iPhone X:

• @kv331audio_bulent also there are still some random bugs like

• knob modulation is not showing up (either no animation at all or it animates mod range instead)
    • Changing the modulation of filter 2 freq instead changes filter 1 settings
    • Picking different sub 2 waveform sometimes does not change it
  • @clowm said:
    @kv331audio_bulent also there are still some random bugs like

• knob modulation is not showing up (either no animation at all or it animates mod range instead)

FWIW I can’t replicate any of these issues. 2019 iPad iOS 13.3.1

• @clowm said:

It is on iphone x in aum and unfortunately this things happen not regularly so I can not make bug report with reproducable steps

• @clowm said:

@clowm said:

It is on iphone x in aum and unfortunately this things happen not regularly so I can not make bug report with reproducable steps

I have seen #2 before

• edited March 2020

Hi guys, we're finally starting to release preset expansion banks for SynthMaster One!

Our first expansion will be BigTone's "Club Construction Kit", which features 50 presets for Melodic Trance, Tech House, Deep House genres (ALL sounds SynthMaster One, nothing else!)

In a couple of days we're releasing v1.3.8 update for SynthMaster One desktop, and then we'll release the expansion on desktop/iOS (as IAP) next week!

We also have other expansions coming up:

Natlife Sounds: True Trance Sounds Volume 1 (ready)
    Bluffmunkey: Synthwave bank (in progress)
    Vandalism: Future House bank (in progress)
    Vandalism: Future Bass bank

Hi guys, we're finally starting to release preset expansion banks for SynthMaster One!

Our first expansion will be BigTone's "Club Construction Kit", which features 50 presets for Melodic Trance, Tech House, Deep House genres (ALL sounds SynthMaster One, nothing else!)

In a couple of days we're releasing v1.3.8 update for SynthMaster One desktop, and then we'll release the expansion on desktop/iOS (as IAP) next week!

We also have other expansions coming up:

Natlife Sounds: True Trance Sounds Volume 1 (ready)
    Bluffmunkey: Synthwave bank (in progress)
    Vandalism: Future House bank (in progress)
    Vandalism: Future Bass bank

Great, looking forward to it..