Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

Comments

• I will buy it for sure.👌

• just a few more hours!!

• @reasOne said:
    just a few more hours!!

My fingers are crossed that there is an early adopters period and he hasn’t forgotten his first Mag users... so we will be able to transfer our patches to the AUv3 age... oh that would be cool...

• I hope it's more than just a 'Reskin / AUv3fication' of the old Magellan which I never really liked anyway as it was too crash-prone when tweaking patches.(When an app randomly crashes without a repeatable pattern I loose my patience).

The effects of the original Magellan were quite nice so if this new Magellan 2 supplies the effect section as a separate AUv3 I might get interested...

• @Samu said:
    I hope it's more than just a 'Reskin / AUv3fication' of the old Magellan which I never really liked anyway as it was too crash-prone when tweaking patches.(When an app randomly crashes without a repeatable pattern I loose my patience).

The effects of the original Magellan were quite nice so if this new Magellan 2 supplies the effect section as a separate AUv3 I might get interested...

Did you get the crashes while in Audiobus or other host? I’ve never had a crash in stand alone mode back in the day. Not used it much of late because I don’t use many IAA apps these days.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Did you get the crashes while in Audiobus or other host? I’ve never had a crash in stand alone mode back in the day. Not used it much of late because I don’t use many IAA apps these days.

When used as standalone, switching filter models while notes were playing etc. etc.

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

When used as standalone, switching filter models while notes were playing etc. etc.

Lets hope it’s stable when released. I’m sure it’s going to be quite similar judging by the pics though and no doubt IAPs for the fx this time :p

• Really looking forward to this one, I’ve been spending a lot of time in Mag 1 recently, mostly for the nostalgia but you can get some wild sounds from the Spawn feature - Spawn 2 is great in Kauldron but the ability to shift between an actual Spawn target was very nice (bass, pad, weird etc) - the FX in M1 are great too!

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:
    just a few more hours!!

My fingers are crossed that there is an early adopters period and he hasn’t forgotten his first Mag users... so we will be able to transfer our patches to the AUv3 age... oh that would be cool...

i really hope that i can transfer my patches over!
    Mag always had one off the best sounds imo for creating pad patches that could have movement and evolve a little but, especially when using the touch pad instead of the keys... that dragging was so smooth without a bunch of weird artifacts, then combine that with the x/y pad right there and bam 💥 instant pads with life that almost quality as soundscapes! but then you can sample those and load the audio up somewhere to layer effects and automation and get some really thick noises! its one of those synths i never really tried to just strait sequence but mostly played it live like that or samples to build on...
    this maybe change being an auv3 now and with all the cool midi tools i’ve gotten , but i’m still looking forward to sampling it and layering automation effects on top!

• edited February 2020

@reasone yo man,.... we are here on absolutely the same page haha... I bought the drone pack of Mag (1.0) and never regret it. SPWAN in Kauldron was also great for drones and my hopes are high that both come together in this wonderful new Mag 2.0.... which I long for to feed into @FredAntonCorvest ‘s alteza... YEAH!

• @david_2017 said:
    @reasone yo man,.... we are here on absolutely the same page haha... I bought the drone pack of Mag (1.0) and never regret it. SPWAN in Kauldron was also great for drones and my hopes are high that both come together in this wonderful new Mag 2.0.... which I long for to feed into @FredAntonCorvest ‘s alteza... YEAH!

heck ya man! oh i never bought the drone pack but absolutely would if i can use it on 2! i didn’t purchase mag until the auv3 craze started so i never really used it in my creations directly like i described , as i got the auv3 fever myself lol but who knows what it’ll happen once we get access to this in a few hours!!
    wonder what it’ll cost

• It would be great to have more flexible oscillator options. Unless I’m missing something it’s a choice of 5 waves and that’s it.

• Still not here, god I’m itching for a new app hit?
    Are we sure it’s definitely coming today?

• @barabajagal said:
    Still not here, god I’m itching for a new app hit?

Lets not rush this whole Monday thing. Still Sunday here.

• @AudioGus said:

@barabajagal said:

Yeah, Monday can take it’s sweet time.

• @gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:

@barabajagal said:

Yeah, Monday can take it’s sweet time.

i start work sunday night so i’m already in monday 🤨 i brought my ipad to work tho to get M2 asap! hhaha

• edited February 2020

[Edit: @jipumarino beat me to it]

• oh the native keyboard has MPE and MPE touch 🥰🤤

was nice knowing you guys , i’ll be drifting off into magellan bliss for the rest of my life now

• Right, how do we get all of our IAP presets across?

• @gusgranite said:
    Right, how do we get all of our IAP presets across?

i haven’t purchased any iaps but there is a restore option, not sure if it’ll work for M1

• I like it a lot.
    And only $6.99 at the introductory price.
    Thank you Yonac ! :)

• @reasOne It looks like they have created some sort of translator for the old presets. Very cool! Testing it out.

• I love this synth and bought immediately. I don’t need sleep tonight

• edited February 2020

@gusgranite said:
    @reasOne It looks like they have created some sort of translator for the old presets. Very cool! Testing it out.

Be v. interested in the results.

• @gusgranite said:
    @reasOne It looks like they have created some sort of translator for the old presets. Very cool! Testing it out.

really??? i haven’t noticed that yet!

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I love this synth and bought immediately. I don’t need sleep tonight

same... i’m stuck at work tho but i will not sleep today!

• Can't believe it's late Sunday night and I get my hands on this....grrrr. Great addition.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can't believe it's late Sunday night and I get my hands on this....grrrr. Great addition.

so can you transfer all the your non iap patches that came with M1 over too??