Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

i’ve been waiting on this for a while!
can’t wait to really put this one to work

Comments

• edited February 2020

• I think it sounds beautiful 💓

• I always liked Magellan, so will be pleased with an AUv3 version (presuming it is AUv3) :)

• First synth I ever bought, looking forward to using it in AUM

• Hmm... I thought Jessie said they were focussing their efforts on making ToneStack AUv3 ready? Doesn’t look that way with this announcement :/

• These guys know that synths have much more sales potential.
    That surely explains their choice.

• S.P.A.W.N. 2.0?!
    I made some really nice stuff with spawn in Kauldron! Magellan 2, new app?! He talked about AU update of Magellan last year. I don’t mind but this could be good.
    I wish we could transfer the iAP from Magellan Original at least then...

• edited February 2020

I wonder if the mix knob for all the effects on this one’s presets will be set to 80% wet like last time

• I never had Magellan (spend all of my time in NanoStudio back then), how does it compare to Kauldron?

• @flo26 said:
    These guys know that synths have much more sales potential.

You may be right, I just wish he hadn’t led us to believe ToneStack was getting renewed focus. Perhaps it was just too much work and so they silently ditched their TS AUv3 plans. Not angry just disappointed.

Regards Magellan, that was actually my first synth and I was a fan - some of the sounds it’s capable of are immense. Has a great range of quality FX too. Come to think of it I put a whole bunch of ideas down in the recording section, might have to revisit those...

• @zeroG said:

@flo26 said:

You may be right, I just wish he hadn’t led us to believe ToneStack was getting renewed focus. Perhaps it was just too much work and so they silently ditched their TS AUv3 plans. Not angry just disappointed.

Regards Magellan, that was actually my first synth and I was a fan - some of the sounds it’s capable of are immense. Has a great range of quality FX too. Come to think of it I put a whole bunch of ideas down in the recording section, might have to revisit those...

I lost my sounds I made for Magellan, but did some quite convincing Soft Cell synth tones going on with it many moons ago - just got lost in the non AU pile along the way. It’s easy to get too carried away with the fx section, but it at least had a really quick way to cut all the fx if you wanted. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

• @flo26 said:

I’m just a few months from picking up Axe-FX III, so it’s just as well.

• @david_2017 said:
    S.P.A.W.N. 2.0?!
    I made some really nice stuff with spawn in Kauldron! Magellan 2, new app?! He talked about AU update of Magellan last year. I don’t mind but this could be good.
    I wish we could transfer the iAP from Magellan Original at least then...

Best spawn feature I’ve found. Prove me wrong

I just launched Magellan Junior, and hit “spawn rand” for fun, and it was perfect. About a year ago I spent an afternoon with Spohn, intending to create a presets pack but never finished. Maybe I will get back to it.

• hell ya!!!! if this is auv3 i’ll buy two hahaah

• Always loved pretty much everything about Magellan: The effects. The sequencer. The multi-octave scale keyboard. The Arp. The MIDI control. Modulation routing. All pretty close to perfection imo. I was just never really turned on by the base sound of the synth. The first half of the teaser video has that same coldness (to me). Second half had my ears perked up though! Fingers crossed.

Just to add: cold ain't bad and it's certainly subjective. Some other, cold-sounding-to-me "classic" iOS synths I love: Cassini, Argon and Eden.

• Cool would love to see more iOS classic synths get sequels.

• I used to use Magellan’s effect section for everything, especially running beats through it to beef them up. Would love this in the FX slot assuming it’s similarly designed.

• Still using the original, ultra stable, solid midi and AB implementation (one of the earliest synths to pull both off)

• @zeroG said:

@flo26 said:

I was a big fan of the effect section. I used to use it a lot for vocals back in the day. Definitely my favourite part of the synth, I find the synth a bit edgy sounding.

• I made some patches on an earlier version that I was really happy with. They don’t always sound quite the same on the current version, but it does create some great textures, including very soft and smooth pads. Looking forward to this new version.

• edited February 2020

Available on Monday:

• 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• edited February 2020

An instabuy_ for me!

• can’t wait

• This is a new app correct? Not an update...

• @Poppadocrock said:
    This is a new app correct? Not an update...

from what i can tell by having the “2” even tho i wouldn’t hate an update to auv3 and keeping all my cool presets

• It will most likely be loaded with FX IAPs just like tonestack, steel guitar and galileo 2 etc.
    Even though I have most Yonac synths so far their sound never ‘spoke’ to me so they just take up space on my iPad...

• @Samu said:
    It will most likely be loaded with FX IAPs just like tonestack, steel guitar and galileo 2 etc.
    Even though I have most Yonac synths so far their sound never ‘spoke’ to me so they just take up space on my iPad...

Heresy!
    (And I totally agree.)