Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

eSPI 1200 Feb29

One more week. @low hiss I'm paying for the full version beta. Will we need to pay again after the beta period is over? If this has already be covered in an earlier post, I apologize.

Comments

• edited February 2020

There’s a February 29th now? Sounds like we’re getting into Smarch territory

• edited February 2020

@Imhodef @low i do not think it will be ready for ios on 29th Feb. Youtube video says mac/windows/linux only and ios coming soon. Be good to know a release date for iOS.
    Also in the youtube comments low hiss say its a one off payment. I’am not sure if that also means iOS if purchased on Desktop before.

• @oat_phipps said:
    There’s a February 29th now? Sounds like we’re getting into Smarch territory

leap day dude

• edited February 2020

@stormbeats said:
    @Imhodef @low i do not think it will be ready for ios on 29th Feb. Youtube video says mac/windows/linux only and ios coming soon. Be good to know a release date for iOS.
    Also in the youtube comments low hiss say its a one off payment. I’am not sure if that also means iOS if purchased on Desktop before.
    https://youtu.be/

Desktop and mobile are separate purchases. There will be a limited trial version (no save or import functions) that is free and a paid public beta at a reduced price ($11.99 and $19.99). The final release price will be more but hasn’t been announced yet. If you buy it at the beta stage you will not pay any more as it updates.

https://low-hiss.com/

See also:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36355/espi-1200-new-video-sp1200-app/p1

• @anickt ok cool. I hope iOS Version is released soon after desktop. Be good to get a release date but says “soon

• @stormbeats said:
    @anickt ok cool. I hope iOS Version is released soon after desktop. Be good to get a release date but says “soon

Desktop is 02-29. Who knows about the mobile version other than Low Hiss! 😎

• What i try to understand is the different in the description and it looks only standalone on all platforms at release.
    I see for iOS or Android:
    Full featured
    Sampling
    Exports
    Cloud save of sequences

And for Windows, Mac or Linux:
    Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences
    Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences

I think i will find out since its a no brainer anyway.

• @Clueless said:
    What i try to understand is the different in the description and it looks only standalone on all platforms at release.
    Full featured
    Sampling
    Exports
    Cloud save of sequences

Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences
    Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences

From what I understand the feature set will be the same on all platforms and there will be a free-to-try version that does not allow sampling or saving.

• @anickt said:

@Clueless said:
    What i try to understand is the different in the description and it looks only standalone on all platforms at release.
    Full featured
    Sampling
    Exports
    Cloud save of sequences

Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences
    Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences

From what I understand the feature set will be the same on all platforms and there will be a free-to-try version that does not allow sampling or saving.

I mean there is "sampling" for iOS and "audio in" for desktop. And he said he needs to do workarounds of some iOS midi limitations? I thought iOS is quite the same here as mac/windows.
    From the videos i saw i again see drop and drag on desktop and not on iOS. IOS apps really needs to make use of it. It is such a workflow accelerator (at least for me in general) compared to the usual open and import, close and do it again and again.

• @Clueless said:

@anickt said:

@Clueless said:
    Full featured
    Sampling
    Exports
    Cloud save of sequences

Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences
    Full featured
    Audio input support
    MIDI support
    Cloud save of sequences

I mean there is "sampling" for iOS and "audio in" for desktop. And he said he needs to do workarounds of some iOS midi limitations? I thought iOS is quite the same here as mac/windows.
    From the videos i saw i again see drop and drag on desktop and not on iOS. IOS apps really needs to make use of it. It is such a workflow accelerator (at least for me in general) compared to the usual open and import, close and do it again and again.

I’m not sure what he means about iOS MIDI. He’s not an iOS developer specifically so he may be missing something. I don’t see that the app is doing anything differently in concept to many other apps. I told him something about file handling in iOS and he said he would look into it because it appeared he wasn’t aware. I can’t remember exactly but I think it had to do with the Files app. I know he said iOS would have sampling and file import.

• @Clueless said:

I use Drag and Drop with Koala and Beatmaker 3... You just have to pull your Files app from the "Taskbar" to the left or right side of the screen, then you can drag them onto your pads

• @uglyskratch said:

@Clueless said:

I use Drag and Drop with Koala and Beatmaker 3... You just have to pull your Files app from the "Taskbar" to the left or right side of the screen, then you can drag them onto your pads

Yes, some apps seems to support it but it seems still seldom where it could be a breeze to use on an iPad everywhere.

• Still no word on iOS?

• @J_B said:
    Still no word on iOS?

The most recent Mac desktop version I tried was not useable IMHO so I’m not holding my breath.