Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Ugly Baby...

2»

Comments

• @cian said:
    How did I miss this post - this is incredible.

No idea... I always thought my brilliance was universally recognized. :p

• Maybe I was the last hold out... Dunno, but I'm firing up mididesigner this weekend and building something similar. Totally inspired.

• I figured I add to this as opposed to making a new thread...

This is not a comprehensive demo of my mixer setup, but I wanted to demo a few delay ideas for this recent delay-related thread, so I figured it would also demo a bit of the use/workflow of the mixer setup I go into above...

Yea, it's prob. hard to understand... Any questions let me know in the YouToooooob comments so more folks can see them...

BTW.. How the hell do you get AUM audio to record with the screen recording? I had to edit this to manually add the audio recorded in AUM...??

Also, is there a time limit on screen recording? Cause I tried this like 3 times and the first two times apparently the screen recording must have stopped and nothing recorded! ARGH!

• This munkeymixer you've been working on is brilliant, very inspirational. The tracks you posted earlier in the thread sound good too, as others have said, great of you to share this, lots of food for thought. I also want to end up with some kind of template like this that will allow one-screen jams with lots of control. I've only recently got into trying to make electronic music after years of being more the guitar / singer / songwriter type. I love the immediacy of just sitting down with a guitar and my voice. The limits imposed by the setup are actually a great creative tool, as well as enabling flow states for sure. But the sound palette of just acoustic guitar and my voice is something I started to get a little bored of. The possibilities of ios music making are immense and it is very liberating, but we need setups like yours to get this perfect blend of control and madness, and really get into flow. A lot to learn from Jamm Pro in this regard too, I expect, though I have barely even begun exploring that. So many great apps so little time lol

• @Gavinski said:
    This munkeymixer you've been working on is brilliant, very inspirational. The tracks you posted earlier in the thread sound good too, as others have said, great of you to share this, lots of food for thought. I also want to end up with some kind of template like this that will allow one-screen jams with lots of control. I've only recently got into trying to make electronic music after years of being more the guitar / singer / songwriter type. I love the immediacy of just sitting down with a guitar and my voice. The limits imposed by the setup are actually a great creative tool, as well as enabling flow states for sure. But the sound palette of just acoustic guitar and my voice is something I started to get a little bored of. The possibilities of ios music making are immense and it is very liberating, but we need setups like yours to get this perfect blend of control and madness, and really get into flow. A lot to learn from Jamm Pro in this regard too, I expect, though I have barely even begun exploring that. So many great apps so little time lol

You’re reasons are spot on for me as well... it’s the desire to have a lot of timbral and rhythmic variety with immediate control... and as the iPad goes (vs hardware) I can do it on the couch. 🤪

• Very inspiring!

• This is cool - thanks. Going to do some studying this week...

• @MonkeyDrummer - This is awesome and feel the most creative in Aum however all the scrolling gets pretty intense. Is it possible to record what you do in MidiMapper and then play it back?

• @Outtram said:
    @MonkeyDrummer - This is awesome and feel the most creative in Aum however all the scrolling gets pretty intense. Is it possible to record what you do in MidiMapper and then play it back?

You might consider adding Imaginando LK in between to record, edit and play back the CC messages.

• Nice track...reminds me of Throbbing Gristle or early Skinny Puppy 👍🏼

• Thank you so much @rs2000 - that’s a great idea.

• @MonkeyDrummer - congrats to your works - I enjoyed it all. I didn’t recognize MIDI Designer at all - seems to be very inspiral.
    👍🏽🧔🏼🤙🏽