Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WOW Filterbox now AUv3

Careful before updating as this will affect previous IAA and Audiobus sessions.

Comments

• Ooh nice - haven't used this for a while as it's IAA, but it'll be interesting to hear how it sounds teamed up with Blackhole...

• Good news, haven't used this in years but now this is a highly useful plugin :)

• THIS! I’m waiting for so long. Cool stuff. Made my day. 👍👏🤟

• This week just gets better :)

• will
    it work on iphone?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Ooh nice - haven't used this for a while as it's IAA, but it'll be interesting to hear how it sounds teamed up with Blackhole...

aaaaargggghhh! ios 12 only...

• So stoked. Been drea:in got this for some time. Sweeeeetttttt!!!

• @eross said:
    will
    it work on iphone?

No

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ooh nice - haven't used this for a while as it's IAA, but it'll be interesting to hear how it sounds teamed up with Blackhole...

I've just squeezed in by the skin of my legs. Why aren't you on 12? It's been one of the best for my old Air 2.

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don’t know what device you’re using, but 13 has been fine for me. I was a reluctant jumper from 11.

• edited February 2020

Flipping heck, this is really good inserted into a Spacecraft/Scattr/Dubstation 2, and 2 x Blackhole line-up. That's tonight's album sorted, just need to sample some chickens.

I'll probably buy MicroPitch to add to the line-up as well tonight if I get really pissed.

• Yosh! 😺🌈🚀

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don’t know what device you’re using, but 13 has been fine for me. I was a reluctant jumper from 11.

you know.. now that i think about it,, Samplr has been updated so that’s one of the big reasons NOT to gone.. dare I risk it??

• @RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

you know.. now that i think about it,, Samplr has been updated so that’s one of the big reasons NOT to gone.. dare I risk it??

Fwiw, after Korg sorted out the Bluetooth issue, iOS 13 has been absolutely fine on my Air 2.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fwiw, after Korg sorted out the Bluetooth issue, iOS 13 has been absolutely fine on my Air 2.

ipad pro 10.5” 2nd gen.... i have concerns over battery life etc.. but 13 has been ok on my iphone 6s+
    i’m going in... Monz! keep a strong grip on my hi-heels in case i need pulling out quickly!

• @RockySmalls said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

ipad pro 10.5” 2nd gen.... i have concerns over battery life etc.. but 13 has been ok on my iphone 6s+
    i’m going in... Monz! keep a strong grip on my hi-heels in case i need pulling out quickly!

These euphemisms...

• WOW! (...is right!) Will definitely use this more now, with its high quality and wide range from the sweet to the disturbing. Maybe will mix with Bit Maestro, Scatterbrain, MangledVerb... Bwahahahaaa! (Sorry, the cabin fever has gone to the brain) 😅

• @RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

11 was (is) the worst iOS to date. My iPhone 5s at the time almost died with it. 12 was (is) way better for me. 13 for music app is better than 12 on my pro 9.7 now, but my iPhone 7 is still on 12 because I don’t see any reason to upgrade. If it works, don’t fix it.

• Sugar Bytes get it! Steady progress to AU. Update existing apps to keep current customers happy (Hi Yonac!). Win new customers over now that it’s AU.

Very cool. 👊

• Now it’s DrumComputer turn to be port on iOS. Can’t wait, this is my personal Drambo. 😄

• @RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

Can’t speak for your fancy Pro, but battery life improved on my Air 2, performance too.

Jump in Smalls - the water’s fine!

• @gusgranite said:
    Sugar Bytes get it! Steady progress to AU. Update existing apps to keep current customers happy (Hi Yonac!). Win new customers over now that it’s AU.

+1.

• Nice - been waiting for this one. I love it when an old IAA-only app gets the AUv3 update. It's like getting a new app all over again.

• finally :smiley:

• Joy. I’ve been using it with Neo Soul Keys so far and getting some nice lofi keys going on

• @MonzoPro said:

@gusgranite said:
    Sugar Bytes get it! Steady progress to AU. Update existing apps to keep current customers happy (Hi Yonac!). Win new customers over now that it’s AU.

+1.

100% (incl. the Yonac bit ;) )

• edited February 2020

@RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

I still have sticky triads in several synths on iPadOS 13 — even loading the synth as AUV3 in AUM, using AUM’s on screen keyboard, triads will cause the keys to stick for a second. Korg finally fixed the issue in Electribe wave, and I think its been fixed in a few others — but still comes up often enough to be a major pain in the a** ..

Also I can no longer use standalone Moog Model 15 ... just normally playing the on screen keyboard will often trigger iOS’s built in gesture for cut/copy paste — so in the middle of a performance a dialog pops up and often switches preset on me .. Turning off gestures or using guided access doesn’t help.

Using external keyboards is a way around the issues, but part of the appeal of iPad to me is the portability/play anywhere on its own, so it’s definitely a bummer. These issues have been problematic enough on my ‘18 12.9 iPad Pro that I wish I kept it on iOS 12 till the bugs were sorted out.

• edited February 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

Can’t speak for your fancy Pro, but battery life improved on my Air 2, performance too.

Jump in Smalls - the water’s fine!

Just to add - that comment of mine was for 11 to 12x, I haven’t updated to 13 yet.

Ooops

• WOW was the last Sugar Bytes hold out, and the UI is sweet in AUv3

• It’s a beaut, works really well as an AU :)