Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bit Maestro - Unique AUv3 bit crusher - OUT NOW !

Bit Maestro is now out! - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bit-maestro/id1497185551?ls=1

Bit Maestro is an AUv3 bit crusher that goes beyond regular bit rate reduction, allowing you to affect and manipulate your sound at the individual bit level. Taking inspiration from the legendary ‘OTO Biscuit’ it enables you to selectively mute or invert individual bits in your audio signal. As it does this it creates distortions in your waveform, introducing a wide range of harmonics. Bit Maestro pushes this concept even further, allowing you for the first time to even rearrange the order in which the bits are evaluated, reassigning their value and giving rise to waveform distortions not previously seen in any distortion module.

30 second preview

Preset demo

Comments

• It’s out?!?!? What a surprise!

Seriously, great work man. Going to support and promote this!

I also asked to have the other one deleted ;)

@JamMaestro said:
    Bit Maestro is now out! - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bit-maestro/id1497185551?ls=1

Bit Maestro is an AUv3 bit crusher that goes beyond regular bit rate reduction, allowing you to affect and manipulate your sound at the individual bit level. Taking inspiration from the legendary ‘OTO Biscuit’ it enables you to selectively mute or invert individual bits in your audio signal. As it does this it creates distortions in your waveform, introducing a wide range of harmonics. Bit Maestro pushes this concept even further, allowing you for the first time to even rearrange the order in which the bits are evaluated, reassigning their value and giving rise to waveform distortions not previously seen in any distortion module.

30 second preview

Preset demo

• Bought it. Thank You for this amazing app.

• loving it so far.
    had one crash playing with the filter but cant replicate it.
    i wish the the filter would be swapable with the delay so the filter could be applied after the delay. And the waveform view could be smaller so the controls of the filter and the delay could be seen at the same time.
    other than that i am very happy with this mangler.
    thank you very much.

• @iOSTRAKON hahaha, thanks man!

The funny thing is I thought that might happen so I was like "Ok, upload the youtube videos then immediately make the AB post before anyone else does" - still too fast!! :lol:

• ok, changing the window size does allow for filter and delay view 😉😃

• @dreamrobe said:
    ok, changing the window size does allow for filter and delay view 😉😃

Was just about to say yeah :)

• @dreamrobe said:
    loving it so far.
    i wish the the filter would be swapable with the delay so the filter could be applied after the delay. And the waveform view could be smaller so the controls of the filter and the delay could be seen at the same time.
    thank you very much.

I wonder... how I got the filter and the delay the wrong way round? Do you think it should be delay -> filter always? Or does it even make a difference?

• Hahaha / release day is always like keys to launching a nuke!

@JamMaestro said:
    @iOSTRAKON hahaha, thanks man!

The funny thing is I thought that might happen so I was like "Ok, upload the youtube videos then immediately make the AB post before anyone else does" - still too fast!! :lol:

• @JamMaestro said:

@dreamrobe said:
    loving it so far.
    thank you very much.

I wonder... how I got the filter and the delay the wrong way round? Do you think it should be delay -> filter always? Or does it even make a difference?

no no, filter > delay is standard. just sometimes i like to filter the delay. to be able to swap the position would be nice. but i can always put an auv3 filter after yours. no sweat.

• @JamMaestro said:

@dreamrobe said:
    loving it so far.
    thank you very much.

Yep it most likely makes a difference. Delay always make more sense to myself as the last in a chain (except reverb), but I could see why some would like the option to choose.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@JamMaestro said:

@dreamrobe said:
    loving it so far.
    thank you very much.

Yep it most likely makes a difference. Delay always make more sense to myself as the last in a chain (except reverb), but I could see why some would like the option to choose.

Just to add. I like it. Was worried that it wouldn’t do subtle from the examples posted, but it does :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Just to add. I like it. Was worried that it wouldn’t do subtle from the examples posted, but it does :)

Nice :) Yeah the smaller bits are your friend in that case

• @JamMaestro I'd love to see an option to add the 'decimator/sample' after the filter as it would subtly increase the sonic scope of the app/plug-in by allowing decimation of the bit-crushed audio after it has passed thru the filter thus allowing decimation of the resonant filter adding more nice aliasing harmonics to the sound :)

• Are the per-bit settings exposed as AUv3 automation parameters? If so, this should be fun in apeMatrix.

• @mojozart said:
    Are the per-bit settings exposed as AUv3 automation parameters? If so, this should be fun in apeMatrix.

They are shown in ApeMatrix but AUM just shows 'Bypass', 'Select Preset' and 'Show Plug-In'.

• @mojozart said:
    Are the per-bit settings exposed as AUv3 automation parameters? If so, this should be fun in apeMatrix.

Uhh, probably not, didn't know this was a thing. Is this just making it a midi effects plugin or is there a special automation thing you can do for AUv3 parameters? Have you got an example of some others app that offers this so I can have a look?

@Samu said:
    @JamMaestro I'd love to see an option to add the 'decimator/sample' after the filter as it would subtly increase the sonic scope of the app/plug-in by allowing decimation of the bit-crushed audio after it has passed thru the filter thus allowing decimation of the resonant filter adding more nice aliasing harmonics to the sound :)

Interesting idea. I'll stick it on my list to maybe have a look and see if it adds anything sonically. Have to strike a balance between ALL-THE-OPTIONS and keeping it clean and simple though, so depends on if I think it adds enough.

• @JamMaestro said:

Uhh, probably not, didn't know this was a thing. Is this just making it a midi effects plugin or is there a special automation thing you can do for AUv3 parameters? Have you got an example of some others app that offers this so I can have a look?

The AUM author has quite extensive document on AUv3 parameters.
    http://devnotes.kymatica.com/auv3_parameters

AUM only lists 'Writable' parameters while ApeMatrix shows 'everything'.

We all love being able to automate the parameters of our plug-ins :)

• @JamMaestro said:

@mojozart said:

@Samu said:
    @JamMaestro I'd love to see an option to add the 'decimator/sample' after the filter as it would subtly increase the sonic scope of the app/plug-in by allowing decimation of the bit-crushed audio after it has passed thru the filter thus allowing decimation of the resonant filter adding more nice aliasing harmonics to the sound :)

Interesting idea. I'll stick it on my list to maybe have a look and see if it adds anything sonically. Have to strike a balance between ALL-THE-OPTIONS and keeping it clean and simple though, so depends on if I think it adds enough.

On the right is one of the Eventide reverbs. I can say, put an LFO pointing at the amount of springs and change them during playing. The more options that are open to midi in an app, the better. Especially now we have Mozaic - some clever people here writing scripts to control much of those lovely open midi connections - recently someone on this forum wrote a script so that I could change the root note of one app by a midi key input.

So, the more options to throw midi at an app, the better :)

• @Samu said:

The AUM author has quite extensive document on AUv3 parameters.
    http://devnotes.kymatica.com/auv3_parameters

AUM only lists 'Writable' parameters while ApeMatrix shows 'everything'.

We all love being able to automate the parameters of our plug-ins :)

Wow, super useful link! Thanks Samu. And of course, thanks @j_liljedahl !

I'll get studying.

@Fruitbat1919 whoa, I had no idea any of that existed! How do you bring up that panel on the right? Do you know any free apps that support auv3 automation that I could experiment with? Don't have any Eventide apps.

• @JamMaestro said:

Do you know any free apps that support auv3 automation that I could experiment with? Don't have any Eventide apps.

You'll find that most AUv3 plugins expose their parameters that way. If you need any, let me know and I'll hook you up with a promo-code.

• @brambos said:

@JamMaestro said:

Do you know any free apps that support auv3 automation that I could experiment with? Don't have any Eventide apps.

You'll find that most AUv3 plugins expose their parameters that way. If you need any, let me know and I'll hook you up with a promo-code.

Cheers @brambos - I'll trade you :smiley: Let me DM you.

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

@JamMaestro Try the free Spectrum Synthesizer Bundle. It comes with two AU instrument and a Granular AU fx bundled into a single app. The AU parameters are even organized into sub groups.

For automation either use an external controller routed to AUMs MIDI Control or Rozeta LFO/Midi LFOs.

You can access the AU parameter assignment dialog in two places:

• Either under settings/MIDI Control where you then have to first choose the channel to get to another list showing all plugins and then for each plugin lists the parameters.
    • Or you press the the ‚name‘ of a channel and then in the popup choose the midi-control icon on the top left to get a new popup containing all plugins of this channel and their AU parameters
  • @_ki said:

• Or you press the the ‚name‘ of a channel and then in the popup choose the midi-control icon on the top left to get a new popup containing all plugins of this channel and their AU parameters

I had no idea. Using AUM for so long and always going through the Midi Ctrl right-hand menu etc.

• Getting this later today, but Midi CC please. 🙏 Looks amazing.

• It sounds great, @JamMaestro. I tried it on some drum loops so far and will experiment more with it today. Also another vote for exposed parameters!

• Thanks for that explanation @_ki - I had no idea that stuff with even there.

@brambos has kindly furnished me with a copy of Rozetta and Noir and I've managed to automate them together so hopefully Bit Maestro will be next 💪

• @JamMaestro said:
    Thanks for that explanation @_ki - I had no idea that stuff with even there.

@brambos has kindly furnished me with a copy of Rozetta and Noir and I've managed to automate them together so hopefully Bit Maestro will be next 💪

Cool B)

• @JamMaestro said:
    Thanks for that explanation @_ki - I had no idea that stuff with even there.

Yes please!!! also for controling the parameters using external MIDI controllers

• Nice!

Was (very) briefly considering getting an OTO Biscuit recently — amazing pedal, but just couldn’t force myself to swallow $1000 of potential buyers remorse, so settled with Softube’s Biscuit emulation while it was on sale for $60. (superb plugin!)

Glad to see a new take on the design on iOS. Very commendable job!