Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sound Weaver by Andrey Savitsky

New app from the Zillidrone developer.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1194964172

Description:

Sound Weaver is an instrument which allows you to chop audio recordings into 8 different slices. Each slice can be played as one shot or looped sound by assigned colored pad, or chromatically with the on screen keyboard.

Every slice has it own independent FX chain:

• Distortion,
  • Filter,
  • Delay,
    and can be sent to global Reverb effect.

Make recordings via Microphone or import with AudioCopy. Sound Weaver can also generate random audio combinations based on your saved recordings.

Slices can be played with a sequencer which has 16 slots to store patterns and slices settings.

Sound Weaver has an opportunity to generate slices and sequencer patterns randomly.

The application has 10 free demo projects with prerecorded sounds.

Comments

• Interesting. So you pay for the demo and then you pay again for the full version?

• @rs2000 said:
    Interesting. So you pay for the demo and then you pay again for the full version?

According to the privacy policy page found at the bottom of the app description:
    "Andrey Savitsky built the Sound Weaver app as a Freemium app. This SERVICE is provided by Andrey Savitsky at no cost and is intended for use as is."

Maybe he meant to make it free.

It looks really good...it also looks like it might not have any connectivity. But his other app has it, so maybe he plans to add features.

• edited February 2020

I love dat crazy Zillidrone, want to support this dude.

• somewhat of a samplr like thing?

• @reasOne said:
    somewhat of a samplr like thing?

Much more like Yellofier I would say, which I would prefer actually because it offers much more interesting effects.

• "chop audio recordings into 8 different slices."

Why would somebody want an app that only slices into 8 slices, and not N slices?

• Interesting. Was this pulled (or maybe only in the Republic of Texas). Not showing up in the store now...I always considered Zillidrone one of the great near-misses of iOS.

• Hmm something of a limited Egoist front page? (nothing wrong with that idea at all).

No mention yet of connectivity but as an AUv3 this'd be good-bonkers in multiple instances.

Fingers crossed for this one.

• @Proppa said:
    Hmm something of a limited Egoist front page? (nothing wrong with that idea at all).

No mention yet of connectivity but as an AUv3 this'd be good-bonkers in multiple instances.

Fingers crossed for this one.

Agreed. Needs things, but has things etc.

• Sound Weaver is now free to download in the app store, but has an iap for the full version 😊

• Nice to try it out. I quite like it, but no way I’m buying this without it being AUv3.

• As soon as I open it my Ipad make a lot of background noise and a lot of crackles. Unusuable.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    As soon as I open it my Ipad make a lot of background noise and a lot of crackles. Unusuable.

Not had any yet myself, except for when using the generate feature - could do with a smoother cut between current patch and generating a new one, as this could then be quite the random feature. It’s new out though, so probably not been tested on all iPad and iOS configs just yet.

I would buy this though if it went AU. Hopefully I’ve missed it saying that an AU version comes with the full version?

• Audiocopy works well out of AudioShare
    • the ‘Generate’ feature is cool. Looks like it takes snippets from other samples to create a new one. Could be a lot of fun, given enough samples.
    • Effects are serviceable

• no connectivity at all from what I can tell. No Audiobus or AUM, nada.

• No Bluetooth audio but that’s a rather minor complaint

So, do I spend £3 to unlock the save function? Is the developer active here?

• Looks cool. But does it have drum pads to play samples or just keyboard?

• edited February 2020

@stormbeats said:
    Looks cool. But does it have drum pads to play samples or just keyboard?

It has color-coded pads, each pad corresponds to a section of the sample waveform. The boundaries of each section can be adjusted. In total there are eight pads. In order to play a section chromatically, you’ll need the keyboard. No Midi connectivity as far as I can tell.

There’s also an eight-lane, 32 step sequencer that can play any or all sections per step. Again, no sync option.

Very cool concept, probably destined to wither on the vine.

• Someone just a left a review on appstore about having to pay twice full version & then IAP . Anyone experienced this?

• Anyone know if there is swing&groove quantize?

• I had to pay twice as well.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I had to pay twice as well.

@BiancaNeve ok . Its a bit weird that.

• @stormbeats said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Bit annoying that.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@stormbeats said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Bit annoying that.

@BiancaNeve and that is that :) any groove swing options for that? :)

• Nope no swing as far as I can see

• Has the price issue been fixed?

• Until it is:

• hhmmm, this could be pretty decent if it had time stretching and was an audio unit also was core midi, kind of reminds me of a mini serato sampler. 16 pads would be cool too

• I spent 5 minutes with this and got some cool atmospheric sequences. Is there anything else like this app on iOS? I don’t have any sampler apps, and I’d love something like this that’s an AU.

• @ahallam said:
    I spent 5 minutes with this and got some cool atmospheric sequences. Is there anything else like this app on iOS? I don’t have any sampler apps, and I’d love something like this that’s an AU.

Tried Egoist from Sugar Bytes?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ahallam said:
    I spent 5 minutes with this and got some cool atmospheric sequences. Is there anything else like this app on iOS? I don’t have any sampler apps, and I’d love something like this that’s an AU.

Tried Egoist from Sugar Bytes?

Yep. The one truly unique feature is the ‘Generate’ function that weaves together a new sample out of sections of all the available ones.