Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• I ended up taking my one back to guitar center. Did the math, and with their Presidents’ Day sale I took home a Force for only 150 more. Which is insane.

Having said that I’m really surprised how many advantages the one workflow has vs the force. It cuts both ways, of course, and the force is a clear winner for me; but it’s not purely an upgrade in all respects.

• Congrats on the Force. I had looked into that one as well but i just don’t have the space for it. Good to have options based on our needs for sure.

• Had some fun today on the MPC One, iPad and Digitone. Love this thing.

• @alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:
    the mpc workflow is extremely far away from bm3, it's not about the pads it's really about the sequencer and how it works... nothing like bm3, nothing like Ableton, not like impc pro definitely not like Maschine, not like elektron

It's very similar to BM3. I had the Live and MPC 1000 a while ago.

in what way?..besides sampling audio and slicing it into segments they don't feel the same to me at all. The sequencers are fundamentally different.

• edited February 2020

Having used BM3 and the One i can honestly say that the workflow on the One is more holistic. As a midi sequencer it’s a no brainer and as a Sequence player it feels more like Ableton Clip launcher than BM3 Clip view. I always find it frustrating to use and too restrictive since you can’t freely copy/paste from Scene to Scene in BM3.

Anyhoo. Really happy with the One. It’s my brain of choice for now when sequencing iPad and hardware synths. Perfect for me so far.

• @auxmux said:

Feature wise and price, I'd take this over a Digitakt.

While I can’t argue with its features the Digitakt is one of the most inspirational machines if you can overcome its limitations.
    MPC offers more,like wrap,more tracks and more DAW like workflow with tons of effects and abilities.
    Digitakt is more live oriented machine and offers less in capabilities but the sound is divine and you can get full tracks out of it with ease if you can adjust your workflow.

Plus it’s way better on the MIDI side as the MPC One it still crippled being able to use only the Omni channel to send MIDI.Loopop confirmed it on its review video.

Must say it intrigued me to trade my Digitakt but every time I open it,something good happens so I prefer to stay on the Elektron side for now.

• edited February 2020

Yeah i was thinking about the Digitakt but having the OctaTrack made the One a better decision. So far am loving the access to Scales, Chords and Progressions when sequencing my external gear. I miss this type of workflow on the Elektron boxes and love playing on the pads. So far it’s a great fit in my setup.

• @kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:
    the mpc workflow is extremely far away from bm3, it's not about the pads it's really about the sequencer and how it works... nothing like bm3, nothing like Ableton, not like impc pro definitely not like Maschine, not like elektron

in what way?..besides sampling audio and slicing it into segments they don't feel the same to me at all. The sequencers are fundamentally different.

There’s more to the MPC than slicing and stuff. The sampler is a real synth engine. Except it runs on samples instead of oscillators. Also the sequencer is linear. Like the default BM3 one. Not talking about the clip launcher.

Anyways. We’re so spoiled these days with lots of cool apps and hardware that it’s becoming harder and harder to actually MAKE music. Brb. Going to make some beats.

• @alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:

There’s more to the MPC than slicing and stuff. The sampler is a real synth engine. Except it runs on samples instead of oscillators. Also the sequencer is linear. Like the default BM3 one. Not talking about the clip launcher.

Anyways. We’re so spoiled these days with lots of cool apps and hardware that it’s becoming harder and harder to actually MAKE music. Brb. Going to make some beats.

Perfection. 😁

• Ps: cancelled my MPC One order and went ahead and bought a used OP1. I really missed it since I sold it. I’ll pair BM3 with Sensel touch for my MPC needs.

Fun days coming.

• @JohnEcho
    "MPC One it still crippled being able to use only the Omni channel to send MIDI"
    don't understand what this means? you can send on all 16 channels

• edited February 2020

Sending midi is fine, receiving midi is not

• edited February 2020

@alecsbuga said:

We’re so spoiled these days with lots of cool apps and hardware

haha couldn't agree more, though I could stand some more spoiling :)
    I'm def gonna pick up an Mpc one, but first gonna get another digitakt as I already have a few mpcs but soooo regret getting rid of my digitakt recently I think it was the model samples which I love making me crazy, but yeah they are not the same either so I'm gonna another one and still keep the model samples. The only disppointments I've had lately have been the Roland mc-707, it took no time for me to get rid of it, I've got an mc-101 right now that I can't say I'm crazy about but I'm gonna keep it around for a bit cause I think it goes well with the model samples.

the mpc sequencer/ sampler engine and bm3's sequencer/sampler engine might share some capability but that's not what I mean by workflow.... they just don't feel the same working with them side by side... but you know how people say it's about the result and you can get to the destination no matter what you use... I'm not like that at all....I'm not one of those who feels like the jjos feels just like the new mpcs, or that push is the same as the launchpad etc... each of my mpcs feels different to me, if the process doesn't click then the result isn't going to even matter to me..
    bm3 is super powerful but it's just not what I reach for when I want to compose something... the OP-1 on the other hand maaaaaaaaaaaan do I need one of those bad!!!!! lol

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Sending midi is fine, receiving midi is not

in real life scenario, it isn't for me. it's no different from having to change the channel on my midi keyboard. but i can see some ways it would be a hindrance.

• I think for me the similarity is less about work flow and more about organization and how you build up your compositions. When I first started using BM3 my first thought was "Ok, they're using similar method to Akai" too. The pad grid layout just reinforced that for me I guess.

• Yeah, Maschine, MPC, BM3 all have their nuances and intentional differences (copyright) but it's all rooted in MPC ultimately.

• edited February 2020

Can’t make everyone happy ya know. At least she tried it out though.

FWIW, not having a history with these devices and their software and coming from an Ableton Push 2 and Octatrack world connecting with the iPad i am very happy with the ONE. It’s offering me a lot of creative opportunities i lacked in the past and for this i am thankful. I feel there can definitely be some areas of improvement in the software, but it’s nothing that kills my workflow as of yet. (Knock on wood) 🤪

• She made some valid points, but she also made some petty complaints here and there too.

My favorite is how she “ew’ed” force...I like force way beyond MPC & I own both

• Welp hopefully things will normalize for Akai and we’ll see some big app updates on the platform. Seems like they’ve made good progress over the last 1.5 years which is impressive considering where the Live and Force were on launch day.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    She made some valid points, but she also made some petty complaints here and there too.

My favorite is how she “ew’ed” force...I like force way beyond MPC & I own both

Indeed. I have my own beefs & issues with the current crop of MPC’s, but some of this video was just nonsensical. And having used the the 1000/2500 with JJ OS for many years (as well as every other MPC starting w/ the 60 and going forward) I can tell you those machines have a whole host of issues too. Like bad MIDI timing, which is actually made worse by installing JJ OS. None of this will necessarily stop you from making music though. The One is pretty incredible given the price tag. Look at the polyphony, RAM, storage and track count, etc compared to the Elektron offerings. Its insane. It runs the exact same OS as the top of the line X. Honestly this why I generally ignore the Youtube “influencer” crowd.

• Make music not excuses i always say 👊🏼™️

• Oof the tone of that review.. I’ve never missed Loopop / Stimming as much.

• @echoopera said:
    Make music not excuses i always say 👊🏼™️

I’m sampling that. 😄

• I love Jade Wii, and this video was funny as hell....... the mpc Live and One are super dope though, I'd like to see her do the same video on the Maschine but if she saw how many complaints there have been for the last 10 years her head would explode. She made some good points though.

• Nice video, but buying a hardware product first and complaining for missing features later , is wrong.

• Another little jam from lunch today. Using NS2 as my composition environment. Used the MPC ONE to feed the sequences into NS2 and Playbeat to drive the beat:

This is more of a little experiment to get the Midi flowing in the way i want to in NS2. Used @richardyot great NS2 patches on all the synths as well. thanks Richard! 👊🏼™️

• @Korakios said:
    Nice video, but buying a hardware product first and complaining for missing features later , is wrong.

I’m sure she bought it from somewhere like guitar center which has a 45 day return policy.

• @echoopera said:
    Another little jam from lunch today. Using NS2 as my composition environment. Used the MPC ONE to feed the sequences into NS2 and Playbeat to drive the beat:

This is more of a little experiment to get the Midi flowing in the way i want to in NS2. Used @richardyot great NS2 patches on all the synths as well. thanks Richard! 👊🏼™️

😎🎹

• Really cool video with MPC One as brain of a live set with vocals: