Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmata patch editor

Can anyone tell me how to use this for volca drum.

Have a crap pc laptop and an ipad. A zoom u44 interface.

Think Synthmata is not on ipad. So maybe some sort of free daw or midi player for pc.

Have drop box though. Maybe theres other cross device sharing software so an ios app can send back midi files but might be better with just pc.

Then if and how the connection with zoom u44. Can a pc use the printer cable ( usb ) which you use for ipad audio and midi.

Thanks.

Comments

• So I guess just a free midi player for pc. Only daw thing ever used was something like savihost.

Browser settings need to have midi enabled.

Then I guess its a file through a pc midi player would sent via usb to zoom, then over 5 pin midi to volca?

• cool. zoom recognised.

Anyone know an program to play back a document.

Thanks.

• edited February 2020

My first choice for editing the Volca FM would be
    Liine Lemur plus this free template:
    https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/656/

If you don't want that, the Sysex Base app can also send sysex MIDI files.

• What about volca drum rs2000. Is Lemur just for editing?

Im able to edit on pc the volca drum and save the state to a document/file.

Think I just need to know how to resend stored patches ( which will only be sounds ) back to the volca drum.

Need a free midi player or something for pc I guess. I can research if no one knows but you can explain more about your suggestion if it works for volca drum.

Thanks.

• edited February 2020

@sigma79 said:
    What about volca drum rs2000. Is Lemur just for editing?

Im able to edit on pc the volca drum and save the state to a document/file.

Think I just need to know how to resend stored patches ( which will only be sounds ) back to the volca drum.

Need a free midi player or something for pc I guess. I can research if no one knows but you can explain more about your suggestion if it works for volca drum.

Thanks.

Yes, Lemur is for editing when your Volca FM is directly connected to the iPad via MIDI interface.
    Check the liine website, maybe there's an editor for the Drum too.

Free MIDI tool for PC: MidiOX, see http://www.midiox.com/

• The editor works good with the volca. Dont think theres anything on ios. Thanks for midi tool. Will see if it works.

• Can I just use a usb to midi cable from pc, for patch editing and output the audio into zoom u44?

Or a usb/midi adaptor for the 5 pin midi cable Iv got?

Its just midi tweaking the volca?

• @sigma79 said:
    Can I just use a usb to midi cable from pc, for patch editing and output the audio into zoom u44?

You can use the MIDI interface of the U44 and connect its MIDI Out to the Volca's MIDI In using a proper MIDI cable.
    Yes, all edits go over MIDI.

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:
    Can I just use a usb to midi cable from pc, for patch editing and output the audio into zoom u44?

You can use the MIDI interface of the U44 and connect its MIDI Out to the Volca's MIDI In using a proper MIDI cable.
    Yes, all edits go over MIDI.

Hi. Thanks.

Thats how it works at the mo. The usb A which usually goes into cck, then usb b on the zoom.

You can just disconnect from the cck so you can usb A from laptop ( instead of ipad ) through the zoom, which then midi din to the volca drum.

I can still create patches on volca drum and output audio to zoom and combine audio of ipad by outputing audio from the headphone out to the zoom inputs.

I can sort out the sounds, then connect the usual way ( just by adding the usb a to the cck back to the ipad )

The synthmata editor is better than the controls on korg drum ( minus per step functions etc ) You can use both well though. Pc and volca controls.

I basically need the ipad in interface mode, so volca drum can be sent into aum ( the zoom and pc computer conection is now gone )

Id need a cable like described. Theres a loopop video about different cables/host cables etc.

The right cable should it be quality should work fine.

Im complicating it more now trying to still get link to midi to the drum, whilst a pc can become a controller for drum.

Think Id settle for just the pc as a controller but link to midi would also be good as it does work.

Id need the midi out of zoom ( which then ends up in volca drum ) to recieve tempo from link to midi app .

And then usb a to midi to the volca drum from pc ( the controller )

Id need midi to combine after the zoom. Combine the pc controller signal and the tempo signal from ipad.

To combine those signals for volca drum midi in.

Should it work I guess it would be some type of midi box but with a usb input also. Usb input that can recieve.

So its either a cable for midi control as an option

Or a combiner for midi control plus tempo as an option.

• Theres is actually an IOS app that acts as a midi browser thing. Theres threads on Audiobus but couldnt get it to work. Plus Id then be using the ipad screen to tweak the sounds of the drum but Id obviously have midi controllers for synths. Another screen is actually welcome and thought to maybe add a tablet or phone which obviously uses chrome or opera. Android or windows ?

But isnt essential. It would offer touch screen and maybe multiple parameter changes but would need to scroll more because of size. This pc was a touch screen but screen is cracked so touch screen dosent work but mouse control of parameters via app in combination with volca drum controls is probably enough.

• Didnt try that patch sender yet as it says its for windows xp etc but might work if you think?

Need that plus best advice on whether to just add another cable to pc midi control of volca drum

Or midi combiner.

Thanks.

• Its an easy setup to understand. Its just a case of if it works.

I describe it too much for clarification but it seems to just makes it more complicated to understand.

Cheers though.