Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM AU multi out feature request

@j_liljedahl Thank you so much for adding AU multi out support to AUM. You are truly leading the way on iOS.

Feature request: it would be great in AUM if there was a way to just ‘Add All’ multi out channels for a multi out plugin as I am finding it very repetitive adding them one by one for all the different plugins. And I am lazy.

Thanks!

Comments

• True :) at least you can duplicate the channel and then change the output bus.

• @Carnbot said:
    True :) at least you can duplicate the channel and then change the output bus.

OK, I tried that but that is still a lot of clicks just to setup. One click setup would be great.

• Yeah it is long winded.

My method with this is to save channel presets as templates in AUM and import them into new sessions. So eg save a setup just with Layr all ports un-packed into channels with sends and effects etc. Then I have a folder where I store track presets.

It's a good method generally, I do this with Ableton too. Maybe we'll get a one shot solution eventually, but even then you'd still have to add busses and effects to each track so would still take ages. Quicker overall saving a template and importing.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah it is long winded.

My method with this is to save channel presets as templates in AUM and import them into new sessions. So eg save a setup just with Layr all ports un-packed into channels with sends and effects etc. Then I have a folder where I store track presets.

It's a good method generally, I do this with Ableton too. Maybe we'll get a one shot solution eventually, but even then you'd still have to add busses and effects to each track so would still take ages. Quicker overall saving a template and importing.

Exactly. A quick "add channels for all output busses of this plugin" would only be usable if you didn't want to add anything else to those channels. Instead, I'll look into making a duplicated channel containing AUv3 multi-bus access nodes to automatically use the next available bus instead of defaulting to X (none).

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah it is long winded.

Exactly. A quick "add channels for all output busses of this plugin" would only be usable if you didn't want to add anything else to those channels. Instead, I'll look into making a duplicated channel containing AUv3 multi-bus access nodes to automatically use the next available bus instead of defaulting to X (none).

• Get pretty much the same workflow if we could drag/copy apps and effects across channels.