Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• edited February 2020

Yay :)
    Think I'm more anticipating this for Multitrack though...

• @reasOne said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:
    so can you change the midi channel that each track in DK sends to in aum or are you stuck with 1 being 1 , 2 being 2 ?? by default..... i have apps on channels one and two that i don’twant controlled by DK but i still may need all 16 ... cant figure out how to change the routing

Just set the AUM channels that you don’t want DK to control to not listen to it. You don’t need to do anything in DK.

that makes sense, but i guess there is no actual way to change the output of the actual channel in DK if you want to reroute the midi that way, should be fine i was just being picky hahahah

You can also just mute the channel in DK.

• @ToneFreak said:
    Great, with extra outputs. Super.

I can't wait for it. 😎😋🤪

hmmm not seeing in my mind how this will work, but that’s just cuz i don’t get it...i like having all the sequences in one place rather than jumping around... unless this lets you decide where each sequence sends idk im a moron lol

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:

This is just for the audio of the built in sampler, not the midi sequences, so you can put effects on each output or record stems etc :)

• @Carnbot said:

@reasOne said:

This is just for the audio of the built in sampler, not the midi sequences, so you can put effects on each output or record stems etc :)

ahhhhhhh

• doh, it does have nudge, just it’s naming of “rotate” threw me :)

• Checkout the new features video on DigiKeys showing some of the new additions in the forthcoming realease v1.02 due out this week.

• Seems like Digikeys is evolving nicely - another one for the buy list :)

• paul just replied to my youtube comment that he is looking into making the note/pattern lengths longer!! if he makes that work DK will pretty much do everything i want for sequencing notes! stoked

• FWIW: if you are considering to buy Digikeys and had previously purchased Chameleon at its non-sale price, you will want to get 4Pocket's 'Audio Sequencing Bundle'. In the US this cost me $6 - $1.99 less than the current sale price.

• @Tim6502 said:
    FWIW: if you are considering to buy Digikeys and had previously purchased Chameleon at its non-sale price, you will want to get 4Pocket's 'Audio Sequencing Bundle'. In the US this cost me $6 - $1.99 less than the current sale price.

Different bundle in the UK, but cool idea to always check the bundles :)

• edited February 2020

I completed a couple of bundles yesterday for discounted pricing, but was unable to complete the Audio Creatives 3 AUv3 Bundle to pick up Multitrack (already have Digistrix. It was weird...got the Touch ID prompt and it would ding and say completed, then go right back to showing as not purchased. Never seen that before...

• Its skipping legato midi notes. Midi timing is unusable.
    Try to trigger a perfectly tuned loop. Doesn't work.

Pretty frustrated by the interface and workflow in general. Which is a shame because the feature set is great.
    So many input actions requires to do basic stuff. Not intuitive at all.

Essential stuff in submenus. swiping until you cramp. Tap and hold till the end of time.

I have most apps by 4 pockets but it stops here for me personally.

• @oddSTAR said:
    I completed a couple of bundles yesterday for discounted pricing, but was unable to complete the Audio Creatives 3 AUv3 Bundle to pick up Multitrack (already have Digistrix. It was weird...got the Touch ID prompt and it would ding and say completed, then go right back to showing as not purchased. Never seen that before...

I'm not planning to get Digikeys, but just checked the bundles, and as I already have Digistix I can complete my bundle for £13.99, or just buy it on its own for nearly half the price at £7.99. So the bundles look a bit mucked up at the moment.

• @MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

I'm not planning to get Digikeys, but just checked the bundles, and as I already have Digistix I can complete my bundle for £13.99, or just buy it on its own for nearly half the price at £7.99. So the bundles look a bit mucked up at the moment.

Vera Strange... i have tha Stix and my bundle comes out at £6 rather than the 7.99 for the app.. (which seems to have descended from 9.99 to 8.99 to 7.99 .. it’s a slippery slope!! ).

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

Vera Strange... i have tha Stix and my bundle comes out at £6 rather than the 7.99 for the app.. (which seems to have descended from 9.99 to 8.99 to 7.99 .. it’s a slippery slope!! ).

They hate me. Added Monzo Tax.

• Am I missing it or is there no swing in DigiKeys, but there is in Digistix? Why on earth? Hope I am missing it?

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

it does seem like persecution! try scrolling down on the appstore page then hurling an axe in the general direction of the nearest Apple Store..

• edited February 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

I've heard the the price corrects if you scroll the bundle page to the bottom and back or refresh or something..

Btw. I trust you are keeping your head above water? My mum in Lampeter says it's alright near her so I hope it's the same for you.

• @tpj said:
    Its skipping legato midi notes. Midi timing is unusable.
    Try to trigger a perfectly tuned loop. Doesn't work.

Pretty frustrated by the interface and workflow in general. Which is a shame because the feature set is great.
    So many input actions requires to do basic stuff. Not intuitive at all.

Essential stuff in submenus. swiping until you cramp. Tap and hold till the end of time.

I have most apps by 4 pockets but it stops here for me personally.

Very interesting.
    Let's me continue with my waiting.

Is the developer active in this forum?
    Maybe he should know those points...

• I would have thought a chameleon + digikeys bundle would have made sense considering that digikeys can use chameleon sounds directly.

There’s a lot of overlap between stix and keys. I think keys might make stix a bit redundant.

Apart from the sounds — and when it comes to sampled drums I have enough of those to last a lifetime so don’t really want any more :-)

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

I've heard the the price corrects if you scroll the bundle page to the bottom and back or refresh or something..

Btw. I trust you are keeping your head above water? My mum in Lampeter says it's alright near her so I hope it's the same for you.

Thanks Joc. Yeah we're ok here - we're on a hill, so it's a bit like living on an island, though we've been pretty much cut-off from everywhere else. Mrs Monzo's cousin lives in Tenbury Wells though - you've probably seen his street on the TV news last night which is now a river, so he's had to evacuate a completely flooded house.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

Thanks Joc. Yeah we're ok here - we're on a hill, so it's a bit like living on an island, though we've been pretty much cut-off from everywhere else. Mrs Monzo's cousin lives in Tenbury Wells though - you've probably seen his street on the TV news last night which is now a river, so he's had to evacuate a completely flooded house.

Sorry to hear that. I hope there have been no victims.

• Am I just not seeing it, but is there a way to have the incoming midi play a channel of outgoing midi when the sequencer is linked to AUM, but not playing?

Basically I have midi from the AUM keyboard playing channel 4. Channel 4 is outgoing midi to a synth on another AUM channel. This works fine when the sequencer is running, but no sound when the transport controls are stopped.

Any ideas?

• Bundle out with Digikeys and Digistix

Also Digikeys dropped to $7.99

• Seems I’m a little late to the party

• @Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

He’s ok, managed to move most of his stuff upstairs, though downstairs was under about 4ft of dirty water.

Unfortunately there was a fatality, a woman was found drowned after falling into the river nearby.

• Just watching it on the news now, looks really extensive...

• @MonzoPro said:

@Faland said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oddSTAR said:

He’s ok, managed to move most of his stuff upstairs, though downstairs was under about 4ft of dirty water.

Unfortunately there was a fatality, a woman was found drowned after falling into the river nearby.

🙏

• Recording in is a bit hit and miss with this, does need more octaves. But I can see he's restricted it because of the sampler. Hope he might add more octaves sometime...