Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro and IpadOS

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear I had a crashing problem a while back and also I could not render my songs. I started by making a list of all the internal and external plugin I was using.

Then I made a snap shot and using that snap shot I removed plugins one at a time trying to render after each plugin removal. I then found out the culprit was zMors EQ.

hopefully this helps

• @ecou said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear I had a crashing problem a while back and also I could not render my songs. I started by making a list of all the internal and external plugin I was using.

Then I made a snap shot and using that snap shot I removed plugins one at a time trying to render after each plugin removal. I then found out the culprit was zMors EQ.

hopefully this helps

Thanks for that. I don't use zMors, but there might well be another sneaky culprit....

• @rafaelollero said:
    No
    Updated to 13.2 yesterday and Auria Pro don’t open, restart iPad don’t work, nothing
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

Same here. I contacted them, and because they can’t reproduce it, they say there’s nothing I can do. I spent a fortune on IAPs, too.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    Updated to 13.2 yesterday and Auria Pro don’t open, restart iPad don’t work, nothing
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

Same here. I contacted them, and because they can’t reproduce it, they say there’s nothing I can do. I spent a fortune on IAPs, too.

I sense (and feel) your frustration, but SURELY if it's version related they will figure a fix....

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

Have you considered updating your OS? Is there some reason for sticking with 13.2? I was under the impression that a lot of OS bugs have been fixed since then.

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I received a fair amount of feedback both here and on iPad Musician FB suggesting a link between iPad Pros/iPad OS and Auria issues, among other bugs. Hopefully the upcoming patch from RIM will nip that particular axis of evil - and boy do I hear you. I bought every single plugin, over the course of 4 years or so, always on sale, and still probably have well over $200 bucks into this app - which I still feel is exponentially better for musicians (less so for beat makers and synthesists? Perhaps) than any other iDAW :smile:

• @eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I received a fair amount of feedback both here and on iPad Musician FB suggesting a link between iPad Pros/iPad OS and Auria issues, among other bugs. Hopefully the upcoming patch from RIM will nip that particular axis of evil - and boy do I hear you. I bought every single plugin, over the course of 4 years or so, always on sale, and still probably have well over $200 bucks into this app - which I still feel is exponentially better for musicians (less so for beat makers and synthesists? Perhaps) than any other iDAW :smile:

as far as I know, no iOS 13 (iPadOS) have been reported. There are some people running iPadOS that have said they have problems and others that have said they don’t. If you are experiencing problems with AP in iOS 13 or know of people that are, please report the problems and request the beta version. While the app is in beta is the time to report bugs if you want them addressed.

• I've been using Auria on iOS 13 with no issues. Mostly audio tracks and the native plugins, but also some external AUv3s, such as KlevGrand ReAmp, Toneboosters Morphit and Reelbus, several of the Eventide ones, and DDMF MagicDeathEye, and these don't seem to be causing any problems.

Weird instability issues generally seem to arise form external plugins in my experience, so when you run into problems it's a good idea to try and establish exactly which AUs are the root cause.

• @espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

as far as I know, no iOS 13 (iPadOS) have been reported. There are some people running iPadOS that have said they have problems and others that have said they don’t. If you are experiencing problems with AP in iOS 13 or know of people that are, please report the problems and request the beta version. While the app is in beta is the time to report bugs if you want them addressed.

Beta crashes on launch, as well.

I think there’s a file system issue. A while back, I loaded thousands of samples into audio share. The files app went berserk. That’s also when Auria stopped launching. I removed many files, and I believe the bugs been getting worked out on the files app. But I wonder if there is some corrupt legacy code from Auria prefs that are messing it up.

WML is aware the beta is crashing on launch also.

I am looking forward to the new iPad pros, I’m gonna get one and install from scratch, and expect everything to be fine. It will be the first time I decide to use a soft back up instead of a hard back up and restore.

• @ecou said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear I had a crashing problem a while back and also I could not render my songs. I started by making a list of all the internal and external plugin I was using.

hopefully this helps

I can’t even open the app. It crashes on first launch after install.

Btw, I still think people should buy the app. This seems isolated to a very small number of users. I miss it, and can wait to install it on a next gen iPad.

@ecou said:

hopefully this helps

Btw, I still think people should buy the app. This seems isolated to a very small number of users. I miss it, and can wait to install it on a next gen iPad.

Have you sent RIM the crash log?

• @richardyot said:
    I've been using Auria on iOS 13 with no issues. Mostly audio tracks and the native plugins, but also some external AUv3s, such as KlevGrand ReAmp, Toneboosters Morphit and Reelbus, several of the Eventide ones, and DDMF MagicDeathEye, and these don't seem to be causing any problems.

Weird instability issues generally seem to arise form external plugins in my experience, so when you run into problems it's a good idea to try and establish exactly which AUs are the root cause.

Cheers Richard! Yeah, I remember the ToneBridge fiasco a few years back. I'm currently holding steady on iOS 12.x, just for now.

• @espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

Cheers! Alas, my only knowledge is from second hand info, feedback from my own "Is it safe?" iPadOS inquiries. I'm currently parked on 12.x, probably until the next update from Rim. The handful of times Auria's crashed on me, I do send detailed reports.

• @eustressor said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

Cheers! Alas, my only knowledge is from second hand info, feedback from my own "Is it safe?" iPadOS inquiries. I'm currently parked on 12.x, probably until the next update from Rim. The handful of times Auria's crashed on me, I do send detailed reports.

I don't doubt that they are experiencing problems -- but they may be attributing them to OS compatibility when it is something else.

• @espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I don't doubt that they are experiencing problems -- but they may be attributing them to OS compatibility when it is something else.

I attribute it to something corrupt on my unique device.

@espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eustressor said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@rafaelollero said:
    No
    iPad Pro 2018 iOS 13.2

I attribute it to something corrupt on my unique device.

This is precisely what I say to myself by way of explanation when standing in the shower and thinking about the many poor choices I have made in this lifetime so far...

• That is why I take short showers. The poor choices make life bitter....

• I’ve backed up, deleted and did a fresh install...unfortunately more than once, and it solved the weird problems I had with Auria Pro. Not a fun thing, but sometimes necessary.

-Steve

• @espiegel123 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@ecou said:

hopefully this helps

Have you sent RIM the crash log?

I just shared it through testflight, as the new beta crashes on first launch, also.

I just shared it through testflight, as the new beta crashes on first launch, also.

Hey John, are you talking about the Testflight/beta that just came out today? I wondered if it was newer than the one that came out Jan 24? I checked the version but it seems the same (2.24). I couldn't see a build number on the Jan 24th one to compare.

• edited February 2020

@sch said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Hey John, are you talking about the Testflight/beta that just came out today? I wondered if it was newer than the one that came out Jan 24? I checked the version but it seems the same (2.24). I couldn't see a build number on the Jan 24th one to compare.

Current build is 42413 (Feb/20th). Previous build was 42325. Both builds correspond to v2.24, currently in beta.
    You can see the build number on the Testflight install screen.

• There is currently a bug with freeze setting not being saved. Unfreezing can’t bring back non existant info.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16247

• @sch said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Yes. Every beta has crashed on launch. (As well as the current live version)

• Ah, cheers, mate, wasn’t sure if there was actually any difference between the two betas. I’ll DL the new one and give it a go.

@sch said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Are you running the latest iPadOS?

• Interestingly, this current beta did not crash on launch for me, whereas the Jan 24th one did.

• @espiegel123 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@sch said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Yes. Corey says RIM should have the crash log.

@espiegel123 said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@sch said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Yes. Corey says RIM should have the crash log.

Fingers crossed.

• I just noticed on the Auria forum that a fairly hefty update has just been submitted to Apple. Here’s hoping it will solve a few issues for people. For me it’s still the best DAW available, despite some hiccups.

• Finally got updated. Let’s try it.