Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA1000 & PSA1000 Jr by Nembrini Audio

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

PSA1000

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498483020

Description:

The PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin is a modern recreation of a '90s classic analog guitar preamp which is used in recording studios all around the world!

It is used and "abused" for recording and characterizing not only guitars but also electric pianos, organs, synthesizers, electric basses and many other instruments.

The original unit has found its place even in the mix stage for processing all type of sounds, as drum rooms, percussions, vocals, kicks, snares and sound fx too!

For creating the PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin, Nembrini Audio has carefully modeled the original analog circuits and finely refined it by ear as all its products.

Nembrini Audio also adds new features that brings the PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin to modern days:

• Independent controls for left and right channels with individual and global links
  • Dry/Wet mix knob for both channels
  • Mid/Side operation
  • Spread circuit to widen the stereo field
  • Analog Link circuit to simulate the difference between left and right channels as in real analog world
  • Phase Reverse switch to take advantage of the original phase changes in the real analog unit when used in parallel
  • In and Out level knobs for maximum versatility

Works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 effect, or Inter-App Audio effect

PSA1000 Jr

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498486583

Description:

The PSA1000 Jr Analog Saturation Unit plugin is a modern recreation of a '90s classic analog guitar preamp which is used in recording studios all around the world!

It is used and "abused" for recording and characterizing not only guitars but also electric pianos, organs, synthesizers, electric basses and many other instruments.

The original unit has found its place even in the mix stage for processing all type of sounds, as drum rooms, percussions, vocals, kicks, snares and sound fx too!

For creating the PSA1000 Jr Analog Saturation Unit plugin, Nembrini Audio has carefully modeled the original analog circuits and finely refined it by ear as all its products.

Nembrini Audio also adds new features that brings the PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin to modern days:

• Phase Reverse switch to take advantage of the original phase changes in the real analog unit when used in parallel

Comments

• £20? Yikes. I’ll need some convincing.

• @White said:
    PSA1000

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498483020

Description:

The PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin is a modern recreation of a '90s classic analog guitar preamp which is used in recording studios all around the world!

For creating the PSA1000 Analog Saturation Unit plugin, Nembrini Audio has carefully modeled the original analog circuits and finely refined it by ear as all its products.

• Independent controls for left and right channels with individual and global links
    • Mid/Side operation
    • Spread circuit to widen the stereo field
    • Analog Link circuit to simulate the difference between left and right channels as in real analog world

PSA1000 Jr

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498486583

Description:

The PSA1000 Jr Analog Saturation Unit plugin is a modern recreation of a '90s classic analog guitar preamp which is used in recording studios all around the world!

For creating the PSA1000 Jr Analog Saturation Unit plugin, Nembrini Audio has carefully modeled the original analog circuits and finely refined it by ear as all its products.

Cool .. any chance of getting the BST100 ported over?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    £20? Yikes. I’ll need some convincing.

• @rafaelollero said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    £20? Yikes. I’ll need some convincing.

Thanks. Just a heads-up: my wife is currently googling ‘hitmen’.

• @cloudswimmer said:

+1

• edited February 2020

What’s the difference between non Jr and Jr ? Just the stereo features or something else?

• @torrescampalans said:

@cloudswimmer said:

+1

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/bst100-guitar-amplifier

He is porting all the plugins ...
    someday soon..

• It's worth every penny and it's not just for the guitar. You can try the desktop version for two weeks.

• @rafaelollero said:

@torrescampalans said:

@cloudswimmer said:

+1

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/bst100-guitar-amplifier

He is porting all the plugins ...
    someday soon..

This month, I believe. I agree the PSA1000 is worth all of £20. Well, it is for me - use the desktop version extensively.

• No one interested?
    Bump.

• @flo26 I'm VERY interested....in your demo. I am also interested in how you would use this in your chain. Would it satisfy as an amp, and you would then combine it with an IR cab?

• I posted a demo with drums in another thread. Great plugin imho.

• Got PSA100 yesterday. Very satisfy with the sound. Top quality.

• If I have the ps1000 what time a the difference with the JR version.

Should anyone pay for junior and complete the bundle?

• What's the point of the Jr. version? Presumably if you have the senior version then Junior is redundant?

• @richardyot said:
    What's the point of the Jr. version? Presumably if you have the senior version then Junior is redundant?

Yes I thought so, but what’s the point of the bundle if One of the app is redundant?

• @richardyot said:
    What's the point of the Jr. version? Presumably if you have the senior version then Junior is redundant?

Is one more CPU efficient?

• The Jr. is less mature, less seasoned - but has something to prove. Don't count him out.

• The Jr seems to just be a mono version.

Those demo's and flo's demo do sound really good. This might be the one...

• @cian said:
    The Jr seems to just be a mono version.

Yep, the PSA1000 is awesome. It’s not just for guitar, it goes on everything like the black color: drums, voice, bass, synths, organs... IMHO a must have.

• @Faland said:

@cian said:

Yep, the PSA1000 is awesome. It’s not just for guitar, it goes on everything like the black color: drums, voice, bass, synths, organs... IMHO a must have.

Yeah I've been listening to the Soundcloud demos. Do I want to spend $20 on this? No. Is it worth $20? Absolutely. More probably.

• @cian said:

@Faland said:

@cian said:

Yeah I've been listening to the Soundcloud demos. Do I want to spend $20 on this? No. Is it worth $20? Absolutely. More probably.

Since I’m a guitarist, and the saturation is my preferred effect, I would spend €21.99 for this quality at the drop of the hat. But I feel you, mate.

• Someone on FB said Wu Tang used this on their drums so there’s a good endorsement 🙂

• @gusgranite said:
    Someone on FB said Wu Tang used this on their drums so there’s a good endorsement 🙂

I definitely want to bring the mother fucking ruckus

• @Faland said:

Since I’m a guitarist, and the saturation is my preferred effect, I would spend €21.99 for this quality at the drop of the hat. But I feel you, mate.

I mean I'm going to buy it... I use the hell out of saturation. But when FAC and Tonebooster sell their apps so cheaply you get spoiled.

• I expect it will go on sale one day so it is the deferred gratification game...

• @cian said:

@Faland said:

I mean I'm going to buy it... I use the hell out of saturation. But when FAC and Tonebooster sell their apps so cheaply you get spoiled.

Some developers choose a pricing policy focused on the medium-low, others tend to be more in the medium-high range. The factors that contribute to this choice are many, and not the same for everyone. Generally, those who choose low prices very hardly make discounts during the year, those who choose higher prices instead, normally practice strong discounts two or three times a year (periods in which, I believe, they make the most of sales).

Who is right, who is wrong? Nobody, I believe, moreover, to take the concept to the extreme, there are many free apps, especially in the desktop world, which in many cases can compare with well-known paid software.

So what to do? Use only freeware? It would be the end of the software market and goodbye to the many beautiful plugins that we enjoy using.
    Just my 2 cents.

• @Faland - I'm not complaining about the price. It's a fair price - but a price that means I will probably delay purchasing it.

• Sure, I have the same feeling for several other “mid-high priced” plugs. Cheers.