Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• @Skyblazer said:
    @barabajagal Those are some incredible otherworldly sounds.
    @AudioGus said:

Nice, it is like I just strolled through the carnival of the damned. :heart:

Thanks & thanks again 💀

• @jolico said:
    Manual output select buttons would be great for live

+1

• Is it possible to use it like basic fx on single channel without rerouting?

• @lazyass said:
    Is it possible to use it like basic fx on single channel without rerouting?

Sure. That even works in hosts without multi-out support!

• this is really fun with WoodStepper

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    this is really fun with WoodStepper

Whoa. Can you show and tell??

• @gusgranite said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Yeah I’ll try and make a video tonight with it

• @gusgranite said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Took a little bit but here you go. This is pretty much just for demonstration but here’s a video with the two apps glitching a couple samples up

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@gusgranite said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Took a little bit but here you go. This is pretty much just for demonstration but here’s a video with the two apps glitching a couple samples up

VERY NICE!

Thank you for taking the time to do the video. That is a really inventive demo. Love it.

• @JackDwyerburger @gusgranite
    Woddstepper - as hard as i want to get this - i cant figure that dude out.
    What exactly is Woddstepper doing here that does not come from the file-player or Scatterbrain?
    Please and thanks :smile:

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @JackDwyerburger @gusgranite
    Woddstepper - as hard as i want to get this - i cant figure that dude out.
    What exactly is Woddstepper doing here that does not come from the file-player or Scatterbrain?
    Please and thanks :smile:

To be honest, I’m sort of in the same boat haha. It can do a lot more but in the video I was using it to sweep a built in low pass filter and modulate pitch and the built in delay. Each of the 4 sequencers is that but putting out different outputs. With scatterbrain, it’s receiving the glitched audio in each channel and then you can split that up another 4 ways with WoodStepper per channel. Although after I opened 4 instances, it kept crashing so maybe it has limitations. Anyway, I think I’m using it right but it’s a very deep app and not a lot of info on it still it seems

• Get ready for Scatterbrain 1.1:

• With live mixer mode
    • Extra slow mode (time x8)

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

Live mixer mode is a cool new addition - and from the video it seems to gradually fade between the four outputs :)

• @_ki said:
    Live mixer mode is a cool new addition - and from the video it seems to gradually fade between the four outputs :)

Indeed, the it still uses the rhythmic steps, but it mixes smoothly between the 4 channels on every step.

• With that matrix, one could create an AU effect chain similar to Flux fx, which has a great matrix sequencer. I hope the xy pads have AU parameters :)

• That looks really nice! Think I must get scatterbrain tonight:)

• @Carnbot said:
    With that matrix, one could create an AU effect chain similar to Flux fx, which has a great matrix sequencer. I hope the xy pads have AU parameters :)

Yes, the XY mix pad can be automated!

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    With that matrix, one could create an AU effect chain similar to Flux fx, which has a great matrix sequencer. I hope the xy pads have AU parameters :)

very exciting... and a big doff of the cap for the extra slow chop chop.

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:

That's awesome, the XY pad will pair very well with Mozaic.

• @brambos said:
    Get ready for Scatterbrain 1.1:

• With live mixer mode
    • Extra slow mode (time x8)

Looks fantastic thanks!

• Oh nice!!
    Though this makes me wish for Rozeta LFO scenes and data scrolling to alter values quickly 🙏😇.

• The new update is great for A/B/C/D mastering comparisons or even combining all 4 :smiley:

• edited February 2020

Really enjoying recent purchases. Scatterbrain, such a brilliantly simple idea, executed perfectly, is the cherry on an ironing board!

Top work @brambos thanks for adding the slow mode.

• Great stuff, look forward to using slow mode in my current Spacecraft/Scatterbrain/Wow/Dubstation 2/Blackhole/Blackhole/AUM deep space setup. Cheers @brambos

• @Brambos Anyone else having a problem with the 8 times option? Once turned on I can’t turn it back off.

• @Jocphone said:
    Really enjoying recent purchases. Scatterbrain, such a brilliantly simple idea, executed perfectly, is the cherry on an ironing board!

Top work @brambos thanks for adding the slow mode.

I like that Joc - what are you using, aside from the Scattery?