Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• Streemur

😎

• @brambos said:

@Identor said:
    Bram’s app’s are one-trick pony’s, but very capable in doing that trick ;)

Heh.. in my mind that’s how mobile apps/plugins are supposed to be: designed to do one (or a limited number of) tasks really effectively. That’s for me one of the main differences between iOS and desktop: minimal fiddling, maximum impact

Desktop app = Swiss army knife
    iOS app = machete

• @gusgranite said:
    Streemur

😎

Yes!

• @Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Any chance we could have much slower step resolutions? I’m not always in such a hurry..

Asking this again in case you missed the question in the flood praise. Well deserved I might add. If you ignored it because it's not an enhancement you care to add then fair enough but for my own usage I would find it useful to have audio rerouted ever bar for example.

• @Soundscaper said:
    it needs a whip and a chair rather than a manual

Made me laugh out loud :)

• @Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Any chance we could have much slower step resolutions? I’m not always in such a hurry..

Asking this again in case you missed the question in the flood praise. Well deserved I might add. If you ignored it because it's not an enhancement you care to add then fair enough but for my own usage I would find it useful to have audio rerouted ever bar for example.

Yeah, slower speeds would be ace.

Really enjoying this one otherwise though, great for fuss, bother, and itch, scritchy scratchy glitching.

• edited February 2020

Hi @brambos Thanks for creating a fun app 😁

The one tweak that would add some extra awesome sauce for me is the ability to have slower timings, so maybe down to 4th, 2nd and Whole notes. I can think of other types of sound that would work better with longer slices, rather than the faster glitchy sound. Is that something you might consider?

I was playing around with creating a feedback loop, with 2 separate 4 channel splits feeding back on themselves ... using AUM send busses to feed back in and almost get a self-running loop. #watchyourears

Also going to try incorporating side chained compression within the feedback loop to add further real time self-modification ...

Keep up the good work 👍

• @Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Just posted this before I saw your post requesting exactly the same thing. I think 4ths, 2nd and whole note triggering rate would be VERY useful :)

• That would be amazing. The iPad is unique because it allows you to do "producer stuff" as a live performer; for example, you can just grab the line in Q3 and move a point around, rather than moving some pre-assigned, unlabeled knob. Slower timings, with the fade knob, would allow you to fade between backing parts for the verse and chorus while you play lead. And of course, slowly fade in effects.

(Also, by the way. The non-stutter/repeat/glitch elements of this concept could be replicated and expanded into something elaborate with Mozaic, by automating volume faders or mix knobs. 🙂 It could also be used to stutter CC automation.)

• @craftycurate said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Just posted this before I saw your post requesting exactly the same thing. I think 4ths, 2nd and whole note triggering rate would be VERY useful :)

Cool. But up to whole bar lengths would get my vote if this were a poll. Which it isn't :wink:

• @craftycurate said:

+1

• edited February 2020

I’d buy Slowerbrain in addition to Scatterbrain if you were to release a more ambient timed version. 😊

• @oat_phipps said
    time from brambos: Biblethumper, complete with book sequencing, custom verse scriptwriting, and of course, a ‘random’ feature
    I’d buy this 🙏🏻

• @Jocphone said:

@craftycurate said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Cool. But up to whole bar lengths would get my vote if this were a poll. Which it isn't :wink:

Or even longer.....you could a lot of mileage from a single loop by switching the fx over time....even up to 8 bars....either more options, a speed control or a clock multiplier/divisor would do it :)

• RJBRJB
    edited February 2020

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@craftycurate said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Or even longer.....you could a lot of mileage from a single loop by switching the fx over time....even up to 8 bars....either more options, a speed control or a clock multiplier/divisor would do it :)

All great suggestions and thank-you @Brambos for the fade option update.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@craftycurate said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

+1 I find myself reaching for a slower step resolution only to find it’s already at the slowest setting.. I think the faster ones are covered..

• Manual output select buttons would be great for live

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:
    @brambos Only brief confusion from the first added multi out added is x4 instead of x2 and then sequential. Why is that?

Since the first one is X, then shouldn't the second one you add be X2, X3, X4?

No issue, just curious why it starts off with the last one first.

You’ll have to ask @j_liljedahl that, as that’s AUM’s implementation, not mine. My guess is that it has to do with quickly setting up sidechain routing?

Danke. Was just curious :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@Jocphone said:
    Fun effect @brambos !

Yeah, slower speeds would be ace.

Really enjoying this one otherwise though, great for fuss, bother, and itch, scritchy scratchy glitching.

It's a simple idea and have had some fun with it already but I suspect there are many more ways to discover.

• @Jocphone @MonzoPro @craftycurate @Skyblazer @Synthi @Angie @AndyPlankton @royor @jolico

No doubt if it fits the design intent, @brambos will add in longer timings, possibly manual control, but for anyone needing to do this now, I posted a micro-tutorial here

• @aplourde Thanks for that micro-tutorial.. very interesting + creative.. will give it a test later tonight..

• I love this so much. @brambos any chance we can get multi outs like this in the Ruismakers ? Just curious.

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:
    @brambos Only brief confusion from the first added multi out added is x4 instead of x2 and then sequential. Why is that?

Since the first one is X, then shouldn't the second one you add be X2, X3, X4?

No issue, just curious why it starts off with the last one first.

You’ll have to ask @j_liljedahl that, as that’s AUM’s implementation, not mine. My guess is that it has to do with quickly setting up sidechain routing?

This was a forgotten "break" statement in the loop that looks up the next available unused bus. So instead it's using the last unused bus. Fixed for next update!

• +1 on the request for slow mode. (Perhaps a simple switch to go 8x slower?)

Looooove this build your own effectrix adventure!

• @ohwell said:
    +1 on the request for slow mode. (Perhaps a simple switch to go 8x slower?)

That’s quite a clever idea. I’ll see what the i pact would be internally.

• @brambos said:

@ohwell said:

Yay!

• Sonic madness thanks to Scatterbrain
    Take one audio file of Streemur through Spacecraft then mangle through Scatterbrain with liberal quantities of Eos then surrender to the void!

• @brambos said:

@ohwell said:

Good idea - I guess the button labels would update to show the slower timings?

• @barabajagal Those are some incredible otherworldly sounds.

Also, I like the button idea.

• edited February 2020

@barabajagal said:
    Sonic madness thanks to Scatterbrain
    Take one audio file of Streemur through Spacecraft then mangle through Scatterbrain with liberal quantities of Eos then surrender to the void!

Nice, it is like I just strolled through the carnival of the damned. :heart: