Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    can you make a note sustain from the 1 all the way to 32 ?? i’ve only been able to stretch a note from 1-16 then have to restart the note again on 17 on the next page... that’s a big problem for me... anyone know if i’m just doing it wrong?

Change Track Speed?

• @anickt said:

@reasOne said:
    can you make a note sustain from the 1 all the way to 32 ?? i’ve only been able to stretch a note from 1-16 then have to restart the note again on 17 on the next page... that’s a big problem for me... anyone know if i’m just doing it wrong?

Change Track Speed?

was hoping to slow the track speed down all the way and still get a long pad!

• @reasOne said:

@anickt said:

@reasOne said:

Change Track Speed?

I'm hot for this as well mother, in case you're reading.

• @reasOne said:

Nope. You can’t.

• Refund requested, I’m afraid. For me, the shoehorning of note sequencing into a drum-style grid is just not working.

And I’m now officially over the one-UI-design-fits-all approach. I was never a fan.

Only the second time I’ve asked for a refund.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@anickt said:

@reasOne said:

Change Track Speed?

I'm hot for this as well mother, in case you're reading.

im pretty sure we are in the orphanage here

• I don’t know what people were expecting here. There are many different kinds of sequencers. Is DigiKeys an “everything” solution? Obviously (to me anyway) no,it isn’t. Is it suited to long ambient pieces? I don’t think so. Is it suited to more rhythmic and percussive melodic approaches? I think so. Think Steve Reich for instance. I’m exploring what I “can” do with it. Not trying to make it do what I already know I can do much more easily in other apps. I’ve gotten some very interesting things going using a combination of randomly generated parts and things I’ve developed myself. I thought you guys were creative! 😜

• i downloaded it to try it, and see if it would work for me and see what it was all about..unfortunately with no way to demo most these apps , other than sugarbytes apps, this is what you got to do...meanwhile i wanted to know if i could get longer bars and even use the full length of a pattern for one note...which is a bummer you cant... but i don’t think it’s too much to ask and find out 🤷🏻‍♂️ still using it for what it can do while trying to figure it what it can do that i don’t know about lol

• @anickt said:
    I don’t know what people were expecting here. There are many different kinds of sequencers. Is DigiKeys an “everything” solution? Obviously (to me anyway) no,it isn’t. Is it suited to long ambient pieces? I don’t think so. Is it suited to more rhythmic and percussive melodic approaches? I think so. Think Steve Reich for instance. I’m exploring what I “can” do with it. Not trying to make it do what I already know I can do much more easily in other apps. I’ve gotten some very interesting things going using a combination of randomly generated parts and things I’ve developed myself. I thought you guys were creative! 😜

I hear you. I like it a lot. There IS something about this guy's UX which reminds me of a 1980s music center, but I don't care about that. It's super easy to get amongst and start in on the making. As with all things (once they grab you) there are bits and bobs I would like to see, especially midi export because it's SO easy to write in this thing I'd love to be able to take that elsewhere, but maybe there is or will be, I just haven't sussed it yet...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:
    I don’t know what people were expecting here. There are many different kinds of sequencers. Is DigiKeys an “everything” solution? Obviously (to me anyway) no,it isn’t. Is it suited to long ambient pieces? I don’t think so. Is it suited to more rhythmic and percussive melodic approaches? I think so. Think Steve Reich for instance. I’m exploring what I “can” do with it. Not trying to make it do what I already know I can do much more easily in other apps. I’ve gotten some very interesting things going using a combination of randomly generated parts and things I’ve developed myself. I thought you guys were creative! 😜

I hear you. I like it a lot. There IS something about this guy's UX which reminds me of a 1980s music center, but I don't care about that. It's super easy to get amongst and start in on the making. As with all things (once they grab you) there are bits and bobs I would like to see, especially midi export because it's SO easy to write in this thing I'd love to be able to take that elsewhere, but maybe there is or will be, I just haven't sussed it yet...

You could get around it by routing it’s midi out into something else that can record and export midi files. A little convoluted but it works

• edited February 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

I don’t see anything about exporting MIDI but you can record it into another app that supports it. Also, it pays to read the Help. See below for a couple of treats:

• @anickt said:

Thank you, thank you. Oh, I do love me a hidden feature m'lud.. :)

• More to come 🥳👌

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

Definitely in the pro camp here. It may not have the sophistication of Xequence 2 but I'm having a lot of fun throwing around patterns of chord shapes into song structures.

The scrolling and especially the accidental dragging of the plugin window, irks me but otherwise it's all thumbs up!

• tjatja
    edited February 2020

Interesting effect, I see two times 5 pages of replies, but all are empty:

This is on iOS 12.4

• @Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

Definitely in the pro camp here. It may not have the sophistication of Xequence 2 but I'm having a lot of fun throwing around patterns of chord shapes into song structures.

The scrolling and especially the accidental dragging of the plugin window, irks me but otherwise it's all thumbs up!

Tap on the “screw” heads in the corners to move about. I’m not getting “accidental dragging”. What’s happening?

• @ToneFreak said:
    More to come 🥳👌

Interesting! Paul is a maniac! 😎

• edited February 2020

Scenes! Closest thing to grouped (midi) clip launching, that we will have in AU so far. Looking forward to that update.

• @anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

Tap on the “screw” heads in the corners to move about. I’m not getting “accidental dragging”. What’s happening?

Didn't know about the screw heads. On the iPhone X takes 4-5 taps to hit a screw maybe it is better on iPad.

On iPad when I drag to scroll, I often end up dragging the AU window up and nearly out of the view. Probably all my own fault. Frustrating nonetheless.

• @Jocphone said:

@anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

Didn't know about the screw heads. On the iPhone X takes 4-5 taps to hit a screw maybe it is better on iPad.

On iPad when I drag to scroll, I often end up dragging the AU window up and nearly out of the view. Probably all my own fault. Frustrating nonetheless.

Yeah - no problem with screws on iPad. For dragging I have to be careful to choose an area that is free of any controls so I don’t bother. Screws do the job.

• Next update looks like a blast.. looking forward to it..

• @anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

@anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

Yeah - no problem with screws on iPad. For dragging I have to be careful to choose an area that is free of any controls so I don’t bother. Screws do the job.

THE SCREWS! (Thank you, did not realize... :) )

• @auxmux said:
    Scenes! Closest thing to grouped (midi) clip launching, that we will have in AU so far. Looking forward to that update.

Live Matrix? OK.. now you’ve got my attention.. 👁👁

• This sounds like better to wait and watch the next updates ...

• I like this app so far. For me is very good sequencer combined with Aum. Is the first release so there are room for improvement. I trust Paul.

• Overall I'm liking it for what it can do, I'm really hoping it gets shift notes left/right, custom scales, other things would always be nice but that's what I'm missing the most for now, you can easily transpose the midi up and down more octaves in AUM if you need more...had a crash when drawing in automation though.

I think the randomizer is pretty decent too :)

• edited February 2020

so can you change the midi channel that each track in DK sends to in aum or are you stuck with 1 being 1 , 2 being 2 ?? by default..... i have apps on channels one and two that i don’twant controlled by DK but i still may need all 16 ... cant figure out how to change the routing

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    so can you change the midi channel that each track in DK sends to in aum or are you stuck with 1 being 1 , 2 being 2 ?? by default..... i have apps on channels one and two that i don’twant controlled by DK but i still may need all 16 ... cant figure out how to change the routing

Just set the AUM channels that you don’t want DK to control to not listen to it. You don’t need to do anything in DK.

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:

Just set the AUM channels that you don’t want DK to control to not listen to it. You don’t need to do anything in DK.

that makes sense, but i guess there is no actual way to change the output of the actual channel in DK if you want to reroute the midi that way, should be fine i was just being picky hahahah

• Great, with extra outputs. Super.

I can't wait for it. 😎😋🤪