Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an AU3 sampler drum machine app?

Hi,

I’m desperately looking for something like patterning or future drummer in AU3.

Thanks for any recommendations

Comments

• Eg pulse
    Digistix

Are main two

• @slcrz said:
    Hi,

I’m desperately looking for something like patterning or future drummer in AU3.

Thanks for any recommendations

What do you mean by "like Patterning "? There are AU samplers but nothing that is remotely as deep or solid as Patterning. In addition to the AUs mentioned up-thread, BeatHawk is AU.

• I meant wish patterning was au3 :smile:

EG pulse looks pretty slick I’ll check that out
    Thanks for helping.

• EG Pulse vs Digistix ... anyone?

• @inakarmacoma said:
    EG Pulse vs Digistix ... anyone?

Both. Duh.

• @inakarmacoma said:
    EG Pulse vs Digistix ... anyone?

Pulse right now, it just got updated with multi audio out and digistix has some timing issues

• playbeat / fractal bits

• Hate to mention it, but Drambo will fulfil your needs when it’s out.

• Is drambo still under development??? It’s been more than a year hasn’t it?

• @slcrz said:
    Is drambo still under development??? It’s been more than a year hasn’t it?

Yes, and it keeps getting better every day ;)

• are there velocity layers in drambo?

• edited February 2020

@gosnote said:
    are there velocity layers in drambo?

Yes. There is a fully featured sampler module with layers and key ranges. So you can assign several layers to each key/pad and hook them up to velocity.

• @supadom said:

@slcrz said:

It's no good getting better every day if it never sees the light of day, though. I want it NOW. Blimey, a year is patient enough, right? :D

• Patterning AUv3 ~= Poly2 + Vatanator

• edited February 2020

I hope it takes several more months to release Drambo. I'm saving so much money NOT buying apps that Drambo will ultimately replace! Thanks @giku_beepstreet!

• @slcrz said:

Much more than one year...

• edited February 2020

In terms of apps that exist and is like Patterning: Poly2 is fabulous.

• @audio_DT said:

@supadom said:

@slcrz said:

It's no good getting better every day if it never sees the light of day, though. I want it NOW. Blimey, a year is patient enough, right? :D

It takes time to develop complex software--especially when you aren't able to work on it full-time.

So, no, a year isn't enough time.

It is much more than a sampling drum machine.

• @espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@supadom said:

@slcrz said:

It takes time to develop complex software--especially when you aren't able to work on it full-time.

I know it is. Just sick of seeing news of it, and then there are the Godawful people “helpfully” telling us how they use it. I’d happily use it now, bugs ‘n’ all. Maybe I’m being too ratty, mind o:)

• @audio_DT said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@supadom said:

@slcrz said:

I know it is. Just sick of seeing news of it, and then there are the Godawful people “helpfully” telling us how they use it. I’d happily use it now, bugs ‘n’ all. Maybe I’m being too ratty, mind o:)

EDIT: no one is ‘Godawful’ really, of course, I’m exaggerating. And I know software takes a long time and great effort to produce - it’s the public nature of the process that is a bit wearisome, I think. I’ll still be buying it immediately upon release and I certainly salute the dev for creating what looks set to be an instant classic :)

• @audio_DT said:

@audio_DT said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@supadom said:

@slcrz said:

EDIT: no one is ‘Godawful’ really, of course, I’m exaggerating. And I know software takes a long time and great effort to produce - it’s the public nature of the process that is a bit wearisome, I think. I’ll still be buying it immediately upon release and I certainly salute the dev for creating what looks set to be an instant classic :)

Of course (and I am not one of the beta testers), the public process has contributed significantly to its development. It has been fascinating to me to watch it evolve as the Giku follows his muse and then lets that process be influenced by others' muse.

• @espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@audio_DT said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

@supadom said:

@slcrz said:

Of course (and I am not one of the beta testers), the public process has contributed significantly to its development. It has been fascinating to me to watch it evolve as the Giku follows his muse and then lets that process be influenced by others' muse.

To a point, I agree. There’s the odd person who seems to post about their use with it to show off, though!

• edited February 2020

Point is there are non-vaporware solutions out there that have already been mentioned. OP let us know which you choose and how it works out.

Extensively delayed software means even more extensively delayed bug fixes, pass on Drambo for a few years.

• edited February 2020

Why is this thread about Drambo now?

There are tons of awesome drum samplers/sequencers. Buy them all. Buy Drambo when it comes out.

Poly2 is by far favorite / new favorite, though I need to try EG Pulse multi-out. Amazing!