Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that record mpe midi ?

It looks like cubasis will do it but I want to love away from that app.
What other apps record mpe? Specifically using Mononoke and Quanta. Thanks.

Comments

• Garageband is pretty solid for that.

• While MPE recording works ok in GarageBand the lack of editing features is another story...
    (I've given up hoping that Apple will give GarageBand more advanced midi editing).

• I was hoping for something lightweight like Atom piano roll (but that app doesn’t seem to do it)

• @Antkn33 said:
    I was hoping for something lightweight like Atom piano roll (but that app doesn’t seem to do it)

If all you need to do is record, not edit, and you can get your head around the workflow, Photon AU works.

• Unhelpful Tangent, but I was stunned to find that Cubasis 3 doesn’t yet record midi via onscreen keys/controls. I was out without a keyboard, which is rare, but really ticked off to find that out after dropping the $50 when version 2 already does it just fine. And v 2 handles Mononoke just fine, unlike v 3.

• edited February 2020

@Samu said:
    While MPE recording works ok in GarageBand the lack of editing features is another story...
    (I've given up hoping that Apple will give GarageBand more advanced midi editing).

I will never ever understand the GarageBand user interfaces. Changing the drum machine is a hassle all by itself and sometimes gives me another track which I didn’t want, etc. I give it a shot twice a year like clockwork but never make any inroads. So unintuitive.

• I don’t understand his other apps so....

@wim said:

@Antkn33 said:
    I was hoping for something lightweight like Atom piano roll (but that app doesn’t seem to do it)

If all you need to do is record, not edit, and you can get your head around the workflow, Photon AU works.

• Xequence 2 can record MPE, but it needs some workarounds (which is why is not mentioned as officially supported)

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Antkn33 said:
    I don’t understand his other apps so....

@wim said:

@Antkn33 said:

It's not that hard really. At its most basic usage it's just a MIDI loop recorder. But yeh, this one ain't for everyone, and I have the feeling it has been sort of abandoned (still works fine though).

It's what I'd use if I was trying to capture MPE performance in a non-DAW environment.

• I have that but couldn’t get it to work.

@jipumarino said:
    Xequence 2 can record MPE, but it needs some workarounds (which is why is not mentioned as officially supported)

• I’m going to try over the weekend as I just got Xequence this week...

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Krupa said:
    I’m going to try over the weekend as I just got Xequence this week...

That'll be messy. The data will be spread over multiple tracks - one per channel. But if record and playback is all you need, then should work, and you should be able to edit the data as well.

• Yeah that's what seven systems fella said, it's just for playback really, so I can tweak other things after the fact...

• @wim said:

@Krupa said:
    I’m going to try over the weekend as I just got Xequence this week...

That'll be messy. The data will be spread over multiple tracks - one per channel. But if record and playback is all you need, then should work, and you should be able to edit the data as well.

I see now what you mean, thought it would be eight tracks in order, but it tried to get to 16, for some reason only made 14 but seems like mpe just grabs whatever free midi channel it can get it’s mitts on to dump the next note... guess it’s either photon or Cubasis... arg more apps 😬🤣

• wow, I just get remembered that I never actually recorded MPE data since I got my first MPE controller, the Sensel Morph, almost a year ago. I only played with it, but never had a recording session with MIDI tracks.

Good to know that Garageband records all parameters.