Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• @brambos
    Does shuffle 100% in SBr = 100% swing in Mozaic and 50% in Rozeta?
    So the latest ones have simply finer control?

• Does the ‘tape’ sometimes play in reverse as well? Can’t tell if it’s that or just the madness I’m putting through it 🤣

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @brambos

The max/min shuffle amounts in Mozaic and Scatterbrain and Rozeta are probably not identical. I always take ranges that result in the biggest sweet spots for that particular type of effect or instrument.

@Krupa said:
    Does the ‘tape’ sometimes play in reverse as well? Can’t tell if it’s that or just the madness I’m putting through it 🤣

That must be the madness :o

• Copy that 😁

• @brambos said:

I think I watched the demo video twice, and then referred to the AUM sample setup screenshot. After that it was all perfectly clear what everything did and how to use it.

Only brief confusion from the first added multi out added is x4 instead of x2 and then sequential. Why is that?

Nearly no learning curve at all with instant fun. :smile:

• @wim said:
    Sorry. I refuse to purchase a product that hasn't been teased for a minimum of six months in a thread anything less than 100 pages.

I'm going to try never buying any app until it's been out for 30 days (at a minimum) and has been written about extensively and created a YouTube buzz. I hope no one copies me... It would kill IOS as a platform for developers. That's not going to happen.

• @brambos said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @brambos

The max/min shuffle amounts in Mozaic and Scatterbrain and Rozeta are probably not identical. I always take ranges that result in the biggest sweet spots for that particular type of effect or instrument.

@Krupa said:
    Does the ‘tape’ sometimes play in reverse as well? Can’t tell if it’s that or just the madness I’m putting through it 🤣

That must be the madness :o

Thanks for the info.

Would you consider detailing these ranges here in wiki or in each manual please?
    With some busier pieces I often find it desirable to match swing as much as possible and while I'm all for "by ear" method, sometimes it's really tricky.

• This app is brilliant. A simple idea really well done, and to realize simple ideas that give so much fun you need to have talent. Thanks @brambos 🤟👏

• Is this the flow of this app?

1 audio channel input ==> scatterbrain glitches stuff up ==> output is split across 4 audio channels

It seems like a good deal of the potential magic would be in putting different effects on the 4 output channels.

Is that how folks are using it?

• I just sent myself to somewhere, I don't know where, but I didn't want to come back :) Bravo @brambos

1 channel hosting blocs....sent to a clean channel, as well as to scatterbrain, then the scatternbrain output channels each to an AUM channel with a different audio FX on each, plus an envolver instance....each envolver instance sending CC's to Poison automating PWM, filter, distortion and delay..and then using busses routed back to mixer channels.

So I now have
    My original blocs channel,
    an audio channel with the blocs audio chopped and effected by scatterbrain,
    and a poison channel with the synth being modulated by blocs via scatterbrain and Envolver
    and a channel controlling the amount of effect from Scatterbrain....

Just plain insanity is what this is.....and I like insanity :D :D

• @ecamburn said:
    Is this the flow of this app?

1 audio channel input ==> scatterbrain glitches stuff up ==> output is split across 4 audio channels

Correct!

It seems like a good deal of the potential magic would be in putting different effects on the 4 output channels.

That's how it was intended. How folks are using it is something else altogether :D

My initial idea was to create a simple Effectrix-type-thingy which lets you use your own effects[chains] instead of built-in effects. But I suppose this is one of those concepts that can be taken way beyond its original purpose with some creativity :)

• @ecamburn said:

Yes, that’s definitely the endless magic of this app for me.. Got lost in it for a few hours late last night using a simple recorded drum loop in the file player.. exploring which combination of effects would work for each of the 4 outputs.. that’s endless right there.. so much fun.. I’m sure other uses will materialize but this is more than enough right now..

• Must be so many applications for this app driven by other modulating apps

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@TheVimFuego said:

@wim said:
    Sorry. I refuse to purchase a product that hasn't been teased for a minimum of six months in a thread anything less than 100 pages.

You must love The Bible!

I do, but I really wish it was AUv3.

• edited February 2020

@wim said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@wim said:

You must love The Bible!

I do, but I really wish it was AUv3.

Next time from brambos: Biblethumper, complete with book sequencing, custom verse scriptwriting, and of course, a ‘random’ feature

• Comparable to the Roland scatter Fx?

• Cool. I hate the endless feature request game, but a filter on each channel would be tres cool. Just sayin... B)

• @ecamburn said:
    Cool. I hate the endless feature request game, but a filter on each channel would be tres cool. Just sayin... B)

AUM has a ton of cool filters built into each channel, have you checked those out already?

• @brambos said:

@ecamburn said:
    Cool. I hate the endless feature request game, but a filter on each channel would be tres cool. Just sayin... B)

AUM has a ton of cool filters built into each channel, have you checked those out already?

Doh, facepalm. Of course that's the strength of the split audio channels. Yes, love the AUM filters

• Yet another of BramBos' deceptively "simple" little gadgets ... spent all day yesterday exploring ... does HUGE things - completely unpredictable ... but it needs a whip and a chair rather than a manual - wants serious taming. Wild stuff, Mr Bos! Gonna take me a while to be able to actually "play" this thing. Vids, presets and tips urgently required .

• Bram’s app’s are one-trick pony’s, but very capable in doing that trick ;)

• @brambos Only brief confusion from the first added multi out added is x4 instead of x2 and then sequential. Why is that?

Since the first one is X, then shouldn't the second one you add be X2, X3, X4?

No issue, just curious why it starts off with the last one first.

• @brambos said:

yes, please!

• Played with it a bit so far, my mind is running endlessly with the possibilities to use it with. Excellent app

• Because I’m still in love with Mononoke:

• @brambos said:

@ecamburn said:

Correct!

That's how it was intended. How folks are using it is something else altogether :D

My initial idea was to create a simple Effectrix-type-thingy which lets you use your own effects[chains] instead of built-in effects. But I suppose this is one of those concepts that can be taken way beyond its original purpose with some creativity :)

This made it instantly easier to understand how the app is supposed to work. I spent an hour and a half on transit yesterday not getting it, but the UI for AUv3s on an iPhone 7 challenges the eyes. Turns out an Effectrix type thingy using plugin effects was one of those things I was wishing for last fall.

• @skiphunt said:
    @brambos Only brief confusion from the first added multi out added is x4 instead of x2 and then sequential. Why is that?

Since the first one is X, then shouldn't the second one you add be X2, X3, X4?

No issue, just curious why it starts off with the last one first.

You’ll have to ask @j_liljedahl that, as that’s AUM’s implementation, not mine. My guess is that it has to do with quickly setting up sidechain routing?

• @Identor said:
    Bram’s app’s are one-trick pony’s, but very capable in doing that trick ;)

Heh.. in my mind that’s how mobile apps/plugins are supposed to be: designed to do one (or a limited number of) tasks really effectively. That’s for me one of the main differences between iOS and desktop: minimal fiddling, maximum impact