Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Upcoming Modular from Klevgrand

Available to test in public beta ... looks like desktop only for now, but maybe iOS in future?

Comments

• Definitely an instabuy once it comes to iOS.

• This looks a lot like Pure Data.

• Looks like SunVox.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:
    Looks like a modular.

Ha 😄

• Klevbo.

• I’m sure its power, but the interface isn’t doing for me.

• audiomulch isn’t a modular like reaktor at all. It’s got it’s own contraptions or u can use plugins..

@StudioES said:
    'Low-level audio DSP'. So if it has all of the basic modules, you should be able to build anything with it, though it may take a little while :). Sort of like Reaktor's lowest building level - Core.

Or Plogue Bidule or AudioMulch.

Hopefully it has lots of pre-built modules (like Reaktor's macros & instruments, which are assembled to make ensembles, etc.)

• Yes. Was just saying this as I've been using audiomulch since the very beginning and it's much more of a host for plugins and built-in ones but with automation, the metasurface (pretty unique. You can morph between snapshot of the whole set or just parameters) and more. You can do feedback patches with it. Anyways, I already have reaktor but I'm quite curious to see if this new modular will make it to IOS.

@StudioES said:

@paradiddle said:
    audiomulch isn’t a modular like reaktor at all. It’s got it’s own contraptions or u can use plugins..

Good to know, though I was referring to low-level DSP, like working at the lowest level in Reaktor (which is world's away from working at the ensemble or Blocks level, let alone the primary level). :wink:

• We are waiting for Audulus 4, but....

• Krets is Swedish for circuit... :)

• While I love the idea of modular environment apps like this, I tend to never use them. I have most of those currently available on iOS, and they languish in digital dust :D

• Audulus is a lot prettier than this.

• edited February 2020

I LOVE modulars but mostly i find them terrible to use or they just sound not so great at all if you do really a lot complex things at audio rate and turn everything to eleven.
    And then there is Drumbo (or there will be some day) which for me looks like just the perfect way to do modular on a multi-touch device.
    The other one is P900 which beats all for me when it comes to the pure sound which gives me goosebumps and it just sounds so freaking good (hopefully coming to iOS in a not so far future).
    Of course these modulars go much deeper and for people who likes to go down to the core level the others are not enough.
    Anyone saw this here? Not sure how this compares to Audulus, this upcoming from Klevgrand and similars

There is even a link for a testflight here:
    https://www.visualswift.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1
    Sorry, maybe i should have put that in an own thread maybe?

• There are so many of these modular DSP programming environments already - Reaktor/Max/PD/Audulus/etc - I can’t imagine this making any kind of dent in the desktop world,. iOS could definitely benefit from this though, especially if it’s AUv3.

I’ll never have the skill to do anything special with it - but I’d love to mess around with the creations that all the skilled DSP guys come up with.

• Looks like rain

• But after the rain comes the Sun(vox).