Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• And Happy Valentine ´s Day to Mrs Bram Sista !!!

• Having a go at the new Scatterbrain app from the always ingenious @bram_bos with the usual suspects in AUM;

• @brambos said:
    Yeah, sending Scatterbrain into Scatterbrain is also the pro-trick to get more than 4 outputs. Pluginception! :)

Oh no... you just broke the fabric of time. Scatterbrained-ScatteredBrains-Scattered... thankfully the DAW
    will crash before we hit the singularity and the universe collapses into a blackhole.

NOTE To SELF: Try scatterbrain with BlackHole in the front and the back and on every side. Then bitch at the DAW makers for ruining my plans. At this point only one DAW maker is suspect. The rest are safe from my abuse.

This is #4 in the green series. (See @Brambos: Frankenstein process... it's in some Mozaic threads). It tells you how to be an app star. But it has one bug. You need to start with one killer app to use it.

• Anyone have a quick video showing how to set this up with multi-out?

• @YourJunk said:
    Anyone have a quick video showing how to set this up with multi-out?

• @brambos said:

@AudioGus said:
    Also, I just discovered the joy of scatter-braining scatterbrain.

Yeah, sending Scatterbrain into Scatterbrain is also the pro-trick to get more than 4 outputs. Pluginception! :)

That's the second thing I tried. Excellent way to create a cascading cacophony of crazy lickitysplit. :)

Playing Mononoke into it is kinda good clean fun stuff too.

• Guitar Madness:

• Sorry. I refuse to purchase a product that hasn't been teased for a minimum of six months in a thread anything less than 100 pages.

• @wim said:
    Sorry. I refuse to purchase a product that hasn't been teased for a minimum of six months in a thread anything less than 100 pages.

Don't know if it helps, but you could sum all the pages of all the apps across all the threads related to brams releases since b-day :)

• edited February 2020

Thanx Mr BB !

• Just when I thought I’d finally completed my @brambos collection.

• Just magnificent Mr Bos.

• Ok, I’ve completed it again now. Every single one of @brambos’ apps is rock solid, brilliant at what it does and an absolute bargain. Thank you.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @brambos said:
    I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

Squarepusher will have to go out and get another job :(

• @audio_DT said:
    Bought without hesitation, even though, even having watched the video, I'm unsure how the feck it works :D

Same here. Instabuy, need to consult a manual.

• @Identor said:
    Guitar Madness:

Very cool.. Sector is great for guitar riffs - BUT - teamed with Scatterbrain.. that’s just a whole other crazy.. 🤪 love it!

• What are all the possible combinations of steps that can be used? There seems to be no manual yet and 50 minutes of YouTube hoping someone changes it mid song isn‘t a very good use of time.

A simple numerical value to value and everything in between or only these number of steps and nothing in between would be all I need to know.

Thanks in advance! It looks neat. I just need to know that these steps can go to 11, etc.

• @brambos said:

@YourJunk said:
    Anyone have a quick video showing how to set this up with multi-out?

Thanks! I’ll have to try it out later.

• I want to buy this, but my main host (NS2) doesn’t have AU multiport. What exactly can Scatterbrain do without it? Can it replace Replicant 2? I’ll probably have to wait for a manual for full details, but thanks for any info.

• @brambos have you thought about splitting the channels by other inputs such as frequency levels, transients / tonal, etc.? I’m thinking Melda multiband options https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/video/multiband

• Fun effect @brambos !

Any chance we could have much slower step resolutions? I’m not always in such a hurry..

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@wim said:
    Sorry. I refuse to purchase a product that hasn't been teased for a minimum of six months in a thread anything less than 100 pages.

Don't know if it helps, but you could sum all the pages of all the apps across all the threads related to brams releases since b-day :)

Still less than Drambo thread. I checked. No, I didn't.

• edited February 2020

@gusgranite said:
    @brambos have you thought about splitting the channels by other inputs such as frequency levels, transients / tonal, etc.? I’m thinking Melda multiband options https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/video/multiband

Yeah, I was trying this on Ruismaker FM and that would be sweet!!! Because essentially you could split kick, snare, hats automatically. 😍

• I will buy this when i see a compelling video of it or when one can adjust the fade-ins/outs of the slices manually.

• @wim said:

You must love The Bible!

• @skiphunt said:

There’s a new apeMatrix update coming. I didn’t test it though. Wondering if maybe multi-output was added.

I may also be thinking multi-midi output effects like Polythemus uses (which apeMatrix does support already) but I’m not sure if that’s the same thing or not.

It’s not been added yet I don’t think, for multi midi yes, multi audio still needs adding, I’m sure he’ll add it soon though.

• Ok so I purchased this, I am now scared to try and use it, my brain is scattered enough already :D :D :D

• @ahallam said:

@audio_DT said:
    Bought without hesitation, even though, even having watched the video, I'm unsure how the feck it works :D

Same here. Instabuy, need to consult a manual.

Same here. Doug's done a video, though, I think, so I'll watch that when I get the chance.