Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiStix update 021320

Particularly love the ability (and it's super easy/well-executed) to drag specific notes to change specific velocity.

Comments

• Already a strong app / ill be digging into it today

• Good update. Yes the velocity idea is a good one

• Love the velocity adjustment feature!

• Seems like timing of a sequencer isn't important. 😐

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Seems like timing of a sequencer isn't important. 😐

Or that's a harder fix than these.

• @cian said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Or that's a harder fix than these.

I certainly hope that it's going to be addressed at some point.
    Not very optimistic though. This is a core issue. And there are way beneficial things to spend your time with, especially if it barely gets noticed/mentioned.

• I don't disagree that poor timing matters in a drum machine/sequencer. But it's probably also a tougher problem to solve than those, and so I wouldn't infer anything about his priorities based upon this bug fix.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

If you haven't reported it directly to him then it's worth doing so. He only occasionally stops by the forum, but does respond to (most) bug reports and some feature requests when made directly.

support @ 4pockets.com

• Yes, I agree. Probably one of the the toughest.
    Curious if there is improvement in the seq that followed this one.

• @cian said:
    I don't disagree that poor timing matters in a drum machine/sequencer. But it's probably also a tougher problem to solve than those, and so I wouldn't infer anything about his priorities based upon this bug fix.

Until now I thought I was the only one who had timing issues with the sequencer. At least now there’s hope.

• @realdawei said:

@cian said:
    I don't disagree that poor timing matters in a drum machine/sequencer. But it's probably also a tougher problem to solve than those, and so I wouldn't infer anything about his priorities based upon this bug fix.

Until now I thought I was the only one who had timing issues with the sequencer. At least now there’s hope.

i just discovered that Riffer was having drifting sync issues when my ipad was set to 44khz - and changing it to 48khz resulted in solid sync... perhaps the same root cause here?

• @wim said:

If you haven't reported it directly to him then it's worth doing so. He only occasionally stops by the forum, but does respond to (most) bug reports and some feature requests when made directly.

support @ 4pockets.com

You're right. Now done.

@Halftone said:

@realdawei said:

@cian said:

i just discovered that Riffer was having drifting sync issues when my ipad was set to 44khz - and changing it to 48khz resulted in solid sync... perhaps the same root cause here?

Probably not the same thing. I'm usually at 48, and the issue becomes prominent only when host sync enabled. When it runs on its own clock it's ok.

@wim said:

support @ 4pockets.com

You're right. Now done.

@Halftone said:

@realdawei said:

@cian said:

Probably not the same thing. I'm usually at 48, and the issue becomes prominent only when host sync enabled. When it runs on its own clock it's ok.

I hadn't noticed any sync issues before with Digistix (although only had it a month now and not used much) - so I just did a test on my iPad 2018 6th gen - after letting run for 5-6 mins - I didn't notice any drift. At least my ears couldn't hear anything. I used AUM with Digistix on channel 1 using host sync at 120bpm with a 4x4 kick pattern - channel 2 Ruismaker sequenced by xox Rozetta same 4x4 kick. 44khz 256 buffer.

• @Halftone said:

@wim said:

support @ 4pockets.com

You're right. Now done.

@Halftone said:

@realdawei said:

@cian said:

I hadn't noticed any sync issues before with Digistix (although only had it a month now and not used much) - so I just did a test on my iPad 2018 6th gen - after letting run for 5-6 mins - I didn't notice any drift. At least my ears couldn't hear anything. I used AUM with Digistix on channel 1 using host sync at 120bpm with a 4x4 kick pattern - channel 2 Ruismaker sequenced by xox Rozetta same 4x4 kick. 44khz 256 buffer.

With 4x4 pattern I could never notice it :)
    Try f.e 16 hihats. I'm sure you will notice it straight away.

With 4x4 pattern I could never notice it :)
    Try f.e 16 hihats. I'm sure you will notice it straight away.

Yeah hats are always when I really notice it

• Another update on the way... multichannel audio output for a midi sequencer with poor timing.
    No response from the dev to the bug report...
    (note to self: trust your instincts)

• I emailed them today with an screenshot of multitrack DAW similar to the one I put here the other day showing the difference between sets of 16ths from rozeta and digistix internal, along with a couple of other notes about interface issues...

• I have notified him as well and he has responded. @0tolerance4silence have you contacted him directly? It’s not likely he’s going to communicate about bug reports on the forum.

• @anickt said:
    I have notified him as well and he has responded. @0tolerance4silence have you contacted him directly? It’s not likely he’s going to communicate about bug reports on the forum.

Yes, email sent 4-5 days ago. No response.
    I guess it's good enough that he knows about timing issues. We'll see if it's going to be addressed.

@anickt said:
    I have notified him as well and he has responded. @0tolerance4silence have you contacted him directly? It’s not likely he’s going to communicate about bug reports on the forum.

I guess it's good enough that he knows about timing issues. We'll see if it's going to be addressed.

It’s in review.

• @anickt said:

@anickt said:

It’s in review.

Glad to hear. Looking forward to try it out.
    Thanks for the info.

• @Krupa said:
    I emailed them today with an screenshot of multitrack DAW similar to the one I put here the other day showing the difference between sets of 16ths from rozeta and digistix internal, along with a couple of other notes about interface issues...

I did the same a few months ago, twice. Don’t hold your breath.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Krupa said:
    I emailed them today with an screenshot of multitrack DAW similar to the one I put here the other day showing the difference between sets of 16ths from rozeta and digistix internal, along with a couple of other notes about interface issues...

An update is in review. 😉

• edited February 2020

@anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Krupa said:

An update is in review. 😉

Good to hear, hope the reported issues are resolved this time.

• edited February 2020

Yeah, that's good to know, let's wait and see... Thanks for the heads up @anickt

• Interesting. I tried DigiStix and EG Pulse with the same pattern of closed hi hats, hosted in AUM. Didn't hear any delayed hits. Both seemed perfectly in sync.

• I compared waveforms of several apps. NS2 and Beathawk were right on the beat. Pulse was a consistent amount ahead. Pure Acid was a consistent amount behind. DigiStix was a fairly consistent amount behind but would drift onto the beat on a somewhat irregular basis. A 16th note loop on DS sounds like there’s a slight amount of swing happening. The dev has identified an issue and made changes.

• Multiout - yay!
    Jitter - much much better!
    Happy bunny, may even buy keys :)

• edited February 2020

Hard to believe it’s actually fixed...but yeah it’s actually fixed. Who’d a thunk it

EDIT: not 100 percent lol

• Multi-out is cool. I wonder why the dev has limited it to 4 busses but it is probably enough for most tracks