Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Comments

• wow this think it bad ass... ! such a simple concept, but it opens up vast sound design possibilities. I love it! excellent work!

• @Carnbot said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@skiphunt said:

@brambos said:
    FAQ:

Q: I can't find the multi-output buses in AUM
    A: Have you updated AUM yet?

I believe apeMatrix does multi-output too doesn’t it?

I don't think. It's multi out channel/bus, not app.

I’m not sure can’t remember if this was added or not..apeMatrix sees the EG pulse multi out AU, so might mean it’s already been implemented. Haven’t tested yet though. Edit: no it’s not working yet, I think it only sees the first channel. Could be wrong though I haven’t worked out if I’m doing this correctly with EG pulse...

There’s a new apeMatrix update coming. I didn’t test it though. Wondering if maybe multi-output was added.

I may also be thinking multi-midi output effects like Polythemus uses (which apeMatrix does support already) but I’m not sure if that’s the same thing or not.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    A quickie, hehe

Fun fun fun!!

• edited February 2020

@0tolerance4silence Nice one and useful - I get how to use it now! Ta!

@0tolerance4silence said:
    A quickie, hehe

• edited February 2020

Another quickie. (Can you ever have too many? Lol.)

Pure Acid providing the sounds. One effect per channel. Discord4 and Quatro (flanger mode) by Audio Damage. ApeFilter and Dedalus. (Tried adding a second instance of Pure Acid, but it pushed my iPad Air 2 into the red. Otherwise, it was hovering around 60%. Not bad for using that many AUv3s.) Love it so far. Much possibles, many potential! 😄

EDIT: my ipad was struggling with the screen capture audio. Ipad may have been overloaded, not sure. Had to trim video because screen capture audio dropped out. But TOTALLY NOT SCATTERBRAIN’s fault... the playing experience had NO dropouts whatsoever! 😊👍 Also, I’d like to try this again, but using the main audio on a separate channel, in order to control the “mix level” of the SB fx.

• @brambos
    Dreaming of longer seq :)
    Maybe scrollable, or with page switches at the bottom...
    16 would be cool, 32 even better, 64 would be damnboss :)

• Bought without hesitation, even though, even having watched the video, I'm unsure how the feck it works :D

• Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Cubasis 3 to gain support for multi input/output AUv3's...

• Oh noice!!! This is really fun!

And, it doesn’t look like apeMatrix does multi-output like this yet.

• ok, now it’s enough, I was really annoyed!
    But what do @brambos and others like him believe that I make money on purpose to buy their damned apps? 😡
    I will send a written complaint to Apple, and I will make a complaint to the judge for the circumvention of incapacitated people... 🤔

wait a moment, so would I be incapable of understanding and wanting? Better not...😒

however, dear @brambos, I distrust you from letting out other applications, at least for...
    2 months! 😤

🙃🤙🤟

• Fun fun indeed!!! I'm gonna be that noisy neighbor today!

• @audio_DT said:
    Bought without hesitation, even though, even having watched the video, I'm unsure how the feck it works :D

Hehe,
    Bought without hesitation, left review without opening lol
    I would never subscribe to any app, but I think I would subscribe to a dev.

• @brambos Do we dare to ask for multi-output capable versions of the Ruismakers? (Or maybe they are already in the works?).

• @Samu said:
    @brambos Do we dare to ask for multi-output capable versions of the Ruismakers? (Or maybe they are already in the works?).

+1
    Still my most used drums.

• Buying this later
    Not even gonna watch the videos
    Bram have some more of my British pounds

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:
    Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Cubasis 3 to gain support for multi input/output AUv3's...

heh, lets start with the first maintenance update.

• @brambos said:
    I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

Like chocolate and peanut butter

• insta buy..Brim IS Boss

• Just in time! I listened to a breakcore playlist the whole morning, and now I see this! :lol:

• @distraub said:

@brambos said:
    I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

Hell yes! That's excellent. Glitchcore is my own most anticipated app right now B)

• @brambos said:
    Surprise release!

Scatterbrain is one of the first (the first?) multi-out effect plugins. It rhythmically chops up incoming audio and distributes it over multiple (max. 4) outputs.

You can sequence the order of the distribution and/or leave it up to chance. Additionally you can let it randomly trigger slice and stutter effects for an additional bit of chaos. (Put simply this lets you create an Effectrix-like effect but using your own effect plugins).

If that sounds abstract, check out this video for a hands-on demonstration:

For the multi-out effect you obviously need a host that supports multiple outputs for effects plugins (have you updated AUM yet, today?). In 'normal' hosts the plugin will also work, but only output audio on channel 1.

Find it on the App Store today:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498199681

That video sold me so hard.

• Very cool

• What a good surprise this morning!!
    Fantastic app!!

• @brambos always delivering the best goods! Thanks for these wonderful pieces of your Genius sir!!!

• @brambos you wonderful sneaky bastard. 😁

• edited February 2020

@distraub said:

@brambos said:

Now I won't be bugging devs to make step sequencers out of their fx apps (as much). ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @brambos you wonderful sneaky bastard. 😁

+1 These are my favorite kind of releases.. no warning.. no hype.. Thank you for the shiny new sonic toy!

• @AudioGus said:
    Also, I just discovered the joy of scatter-braining scatterbrain.

Yeah, sending Scatterbrain into Scatterbrain is also the pro-trick to get more than 4 outputs. Pluginception! :)