Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scatterbrain : Multi-Out Audio Effect

Surprise release!

Scatterbrain is one of the first (the first?) multi-out effect plugins. It rhythmically chops up incoming audio and distributes it over multiple (max. 4) outputs.

You can sequence the order of the distribution and/or leave it up to chance. Additionally you can let it randomly trigger slice and stutter effects for an additional bit of chaos. (Put simply this lets you create an Effectrix-like effect but using your own effect plugins).

If that sounds abstract, check out this video for a hands-on demonstration:

For the multi-out effect you obviously need a host that supports multiple outputs for effects plugins (have you updated AUM yet, today?). In 'normal' hosts the plugin will also work, but only output audio on channel 1.

Find it on the App Store today:
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1498199681

Comments

• FAQ:

Q: I can't find the multi-output buses in AUM
    A: Have you updated AUM yet?

• Very curious about this

• Looks great and useful! Like how it just dropped without warning.

• Love it! 👏

• Yay... this is how you tease bos style

• Not available in france for now

• Nice, like a multi out Perforator :)

• Looks awesome! Not available on the US store yet for me.

• It’s available in France !! And bought

• Yeah.. hopefully the App Store won't be taking as long as the last time today to make it available everywhere. :)

• Thanks Bram!

• 💥💥💥

• 😲 Wowsa! Sweet! That lil’ high-energy demo gave a nice taste of some of the possibilities... the mind boggles! (Apt perhaps for an app called Scatterbrain, lol. Thanks for the setup advice. 👍That will prevent some confusion).

This app seems like a wonderful use of AUM’s new “multi-bus AUv3” / sidechaining support.
    (BTW, curious if any other iOS hosts do that also?)

• Bought @brambos 👍👍👍 last bought of the month. I promise. If Drambo will be released this month I will see it only on March😂😂😂

I just have to learn this multi output thing.

@brambos you are really workaholic!!!

• Cheeky monkey! @brambos

Thank you and @j_liljedahl for all the amazing things you make!

• @brambos said:
    Yeah.. hopefully the App Store won't be taking as long as the last time today to make it available everywhere. :)

Already out in Sweden so not too long this time :)

• Btw...available in Texas

• it is sweet but...
    @brambos pls pls
    add a mode with time in msec
    some want to use it for ambient/non synced purposes too:)
    thank you

• Guys, don't forget to leave a review :)

• Cool! AU side-chain support is currently in beta for Auria Pro, it would be a good time to check if multi-output works as well.

• edited February 2020

@brambos said:
    FAQ:

I believe apeMatrix does multi-output too doesn’t it?

• @skiphunt said:

@brambos said:
    FAQ:

I don't think. It's multi out channel/bus, not app.

• @brambos said:
    Surprise release!

Scatterbrain is one of the first (the first?) multi-out effect plugins. It rhythmically chops up incoming audio and distributes it over multiple (max. 4) outputs.

You can sequence the order of the distribution and/or leave it up to chance. Additionally you can let it randomly trigger slice and stutter effects for an additional bit of chaos. (Put simply this lets you create an Effectrix-like effect but using your own effect plugins).

Been after something like this for so long ... Instabuy for me :#

• edited February 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:

@skiphunt said:

@brambos said:
    FAQ:

I don't think. It's multi out channel/bus, not app.

I’m not sure can’t remember if this was added or not..apeMatrix sees the EG pulse multi out AU, so might mean it’s already been implemented. Haven’t tested yet though. Edit: no it’s not working yet, I think it only sees the first channel. Could be wrong though I haven’t worked out if I’m doing this correctly with EG pulse...

• Oh, that's cool than. Sorry my bad!

• Oh yah, this is super fun. Will certainly be using this a ton!

• I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

• @brambos said:
    I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

Oh big time! Was thinking the exact same thing.

Also, I just discovered the joy of scatter-braining scatterbrain.

• @brambos said:
    I feel this will be a ton of fun with @distraub 's upcoming Glitchcore plugin (looking forward to using that combo myself!). Instant Squarepusher!

Oh man that looks insane @brambos , will be trying it out as soon as I am done working today (day job).