Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI sequencer with odd grid subdivisions?

Is there an iOS MIDI sequencer with odd grid subdivisions? I can only find powers of 2 and triplets. What about a grid subdivided into 5 or 7 or 13?

Comments

• If you check out Dougs review of Digikeys, I think that may have what you want.

• edited February 2020

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    If you check out Dougs review of Digikeys, I think that may have what you want.

This one? It's an hour long, any specific part I should skip to?

• I’m sorry, but I just recently watched it and already can’t remember where it was I thought I saw him do odd subdivisions. I may be wrong - I was attempting to multitask at the time :p

Would probably have been somewhere in the second quarter of the vid. If not, leave a comment for Doug, or if you’ve not found anything by the time I buy the app (most likely tomorrow), I will let you know :)

• edited February 2020

@danielfromcodalabs You can draw a note and make a subdivision up to 8 in Digikeys.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @danielfromcodalabs You can draw a note and make a subdivision up to 8 in Digikeys.

But is it only powers of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8)? Or can I do 7 or 5?

• Thinking out aloud, I’m wondering if You can do something in multiple odd notes in the Aphelian AU? Might not be what you are after though, but at least you can do 5 and 7 now :)

• Xequence supports odd time signatures like, in this example, 7/16... might be a start?

• @SevenSystems said:
    Xequence supports odd time signatures like, in this example, 7/16... might be a start?

Does Xequence have a “no quantization” mode?

• Basically what I’m trying to do is create “drunk” grooves kind of like this:

Not exactly sure how this guy does it, but I figure if I divide the grid into 17 instead of 16 (for example), I can make things sound just a little “off”

• @danielfromcodalabs said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Xequence supports odd time signatures like, in this example, 7/16... might be a start?

Yes. You can turn quantization off.

• @danielfromcodalabs said:
    Basically what I’m trying to do is create “drunk” grooves kind of like this:

Not exactly sure how this guy does it, but I figure if I divide the grid into 17 instead of 16 (for example), I can make things sound just a little “off”

Watch this it will help you, you. The song you posted IMO is in 4/4 using combinations of carefully placed dotted 8th notes some triplets and also shifting things a bit. This will help with what you’re doing.

Also this is same ballpark and really helpful

These 2 youtubers give away a lot of knowledge I suggest everyone reading here to subscribe (I’m not affiliated). Even just the q+a type episodes have little nuggets in there that can be very inspiring.

• edited February 2020

@danielfromcodalabs said:

@SevenSystems said:

Yes but if you're editing in the piano roll with notes snapping to grid disabled, you won't see the grid anymore so it's going to be "blind editing"...
    (I had to switch to NanoStudio for editing large MIDI files).

@danielfromcodalabs said:
    Is there an iOS MIDI sequencer with odd grid subdivisions? I can only find powers of 2 and triplets. What about a grid subdivided into 5 or 7 or 13?

Korg Gadget.
    And NanoStudio 2