Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Keystep - sequencing multiple midi channels in same sequence?

As I understand you can use 8 notes per step.. But can you use multiple midi channels for each note on that step? So , What I want to do is make a sequence containing notes on 8 midi channels.. So I want to record a bassline on channel 1, lead on channel 2, drums on channel 10 etc… And all in the same sequence. Is this possible?

Comments

• it isn't possible..

• Maybe on Keystep Pro? Not sure

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Maybe on Keystep Pro? Not sure

Yeah, I think that's one of the major features of the Pro. It's four independent sequencers.

• On the Keystep you can sequence midi on 1 midi channel, and play over that sequence on another midi channel but you can't record that second channel data....

• edited February 2020

Generally speaking, most midi sequencers are 1 track per MIDI channel.

I have an ancient Yamaha QX21 2 track hardware sequencer and IIRC you could merge tracks with different midi channels to build up a fairly complex song, even though it was mainly a 2track device. Funny how it almost seems powerful today when we’re back to 8 and 16 step hardware sequencers. :-)

I may have to break it out again one day when I want to make music but need a break from staring at pixels. I never thought I’d ever use it again when I ‘retired’ it about 30 years ago :lol:

• Well, that sequencer widget is probably more like a simple polyphonic phrase recorder for jamming on top of it.

• edited February 2020

@klownshed said:
    Generally speaking, most midi sequencers are 1 track per MIDI channel.

I have an ancient Yamaha QX21 2 track hardware sequencer and IIRC you could merge tracks with different midi channels to build up a fairly complex song, even though it was mainly a 2track device. Funny how it almost seems powerful today when we’re back to 8 and 16 step hardware sequencers. :-)

Yeah, I had a Roland mc50 that could record all midi channels on 1 track. Pretty cool sequencer... It's a pity it only does lineair recording, no patterns..