Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad Pro with Motu M2 power consumption

What type of adapter would I need to use, in order to be able to charge the iPad while in use with the new Motu m2? Knowing that there is no separate power for Motu unit... just through its usbc

Comments

• Apples usb 3 camera connection kit and a POWERED usb hub
    Is all you would need.

Electronisounds and several others has done vids on connecting gear and usb interfaces with the stuff listed above.

• Thank you !

• What would happen if I directly connect the ipad to the Motu M2? since both connections are usb c? Motu will drain very fast ipad's battery?

• @Sergiu said:
    What would happen if I directly connect the ipad to the Motu M2? since both connections are usb c? Motu will drain very fast ipad's battery?

The likely effect would be that the Motu would not power up or be powered enough. I have a beatstep pro and without enough juice it won’t work.

• edited February 2020

Thank you Audible! Now another issue...I am using the M2 with an ipadpro and a cme xkey air... for some reason the keyboard is playing a preset or some sort, even without Aum and no app is opened....as soon as i connect the xkey through bluetooth! Is there any setting i need to make?> @audiblevideo said:

@Sergiu said:
    What would happen if I directly connect the ipad to the Motu M2? since both connections are usb c? Motu will drain very fast ipad's battery?

The likely effect would be that the Motu would not power up or be powered enough. I have a beatstep pro and without enough juice it won’t work.

• @Sergiu said:
    Thank you Audible! Now another issue...I am using the M2 with an ipadpro and a cme xkey air... for some reason the keyboard is playing a preset or some sort, even without Aum and no app is opened....as soon as i connect the xkey through bluetooth! Is there any setting i need to make?> @audiblevideo said:

@Sergiu said:

Have you powered your iPad down (not just put to sleep) and back up?

• Thanks! Reboot ! How often you guys need doing this?> @espiegel123 said:

@Sergiu said:

@Sergiu said:

Have you powered your iPad down (not just put to sleep) and back up?