Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can Midifire do midi clock to Albleton Link?

I have the "Link to Midi" app, but I need "Midi to Link" so my Boss RC-505 looper can control Ableton Link tempo on my iPad. The looper is connected to iPad via an iCA4+.
Can MifiFire so this?

Comments

• edited September 2018

We desperately need "Midi Link Sync" back.
    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/01/16/midi-link-sync-lets-you-sync-midi-apps-hardware-via-ableton-link/

And more apps natively supporting MIDI clock from our beloved hardware units.

@Shaken&Stirred: What kind of apps would you like to run in sync with your RC-505?
    Apps like GR-16, Gadget and Loopy HD can already do this.

• "Midi Link Sync" - that's what it was! I knew there was something is used to use for this that would "go both ways". Must have fallen victim to the 32-bit henchman?

• I have my vocal mic, and guitar going into the Yamaha mixer, as well as the output from the iCA4+. The mixer feeds the looper, and from there to the PA.
    My loops are "running free", so when I create the first one, the RC-505 sets the tempo. I want that tempo change updated on the iPad (ableton link).

• I meant to say that Midi Clock can replace Ableton Link if you're using apps that support it.
    ApeMatrix forwards Midi Clock to apps, I guess AUM does the same.

• @Shaken&Stirred said:
    "Midi Link Sync" - that's what it was! I knew there was something is used to use for this that would "go both ways". Must have fallen victim to the 32-bit henchman?

I guess so. Very sad, and fortunately I've kept a backup o:)

• I am so happy I permanently have a copy of midi link sync on my Dropbox. Heck. Im glad I backup all my .Ipas on my PC. Any apps that get removed get backed up on my Dropbox.

• @rs2000 said:

@Shaken&Stirred said:
    "Midi Link Sync" - that's what it was! I knew there was something is used to use for this that would "go both ways". Must have fallen victim to the 32-bit henchman?

Midi link sync is 64bit. I'm using it in on the latest ios11 on my air2. It's just removed from the store. But a backed up .Ipa easily installs using desktop iTunes.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@rs2000 said:

@Shaken&Stirred said:

Midi link sync is 64bit. I'm using it in on the latest ios11 on my air2. It's just removed from the store. But a backed up .Ipa easily installs using desktop iTunes.

Oops, dev ran out of money?

• edited September 2018

Too bad, that app is so useful, I use it all the time for GB/AUM sync.

Which version of iTunes do you need to make apps backups?

• Ok, I have Midi Link Sync on my old iPad 4, but not on my Air 2, which I wiped clean a few months back. Is there a way to get it from my iPad 4 to my Air 2?

• @Shaken&Stirred said:
    Ok, I have Midi Link Sync on my old iPad 4, but not on my Air 2, which I wiped clean a few months back. Is there a way to get it from my iPad 4 to my Air 2?

AFAIK not without jailbreaking the iPad 4, only for the sake of accessing the file system and saving the installed app as an ipa which you can then install on the Air 2. A temporary (expiring) jailbreak would be sufficient, and on the Air 2 you wouldn't need to change anything to be able to install the ipa file because it's still signed with your credentials.

• @rs2000 said:

@Shaken&Stirred said:
    Ok, I have Midi Link Sync on my old iPad 4, but not on my Air 2, which I wiped clean a few months back. Is there a way to get it from my iPad 4 to my Air 2?

AFAIK not without jailbreaking the iPad 4, only for the sake of accessing the file system and saving the installed app as an ipa which you can then install on the Air 2. A temporary (expiring) jailbreak would be sufficient, and on the Air 2 you wouldn't need to change anything to be able to install the ipa file because it's still signed with your credentials.

Ok, thanks, good food for thought. I’ll have to see how much not having it iPad tempo synced gets in the way of my workflow. I’m still considering using my Novation Circuit instead of the iPad, although I’ll miss iSem’s “60s Cheesy Organ”. Thanks again for the info.

• @rs2000

I'm trying to send Midi clock out from Auria Pro to Ableton Link.

Do you know if this app does that?

Does it also send midi start/stop as well?

Thanks in advance.

• @Gravitas said:
    @rs2000

I'm trying to send Midi clock out from Auria Pro to Ableton Link.

Do you know if this app does that?

Does it also send midi start/stop as well?

Thanks in advance.

Please read about LINK and MIDI Clock Sync, they're both sync mechanisms, you'll have to decide which one to use.
    Auria can only send MIDI Clock anyway and yes, it should also send the necessary start/stop messages.
    Which app is going to receive MIDI Clock?

• L7 at the moment as I would like to have it running alongside Auria Pro.

L7 is good in that capacity as a quick notepad.

Yep.

Midi protocol, been around since Adam was in Garden.

Ableton Link been around a lot less.

L7 doesn't sync to host as it uses Ableton so ,'Midi Link Sync', is the only option.

• @rs2000

It works.

Successfully sending midi sync out from
    Auria Pro into Midi Link Sync and then into L7.

There is a little bit of drift, nothing too drastic and
    I wouldn't mind if it had Ableton Link start/stop.

Absolutely brilliant.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Gravitas said:
    L7 at the moment as I would like to have it running alongside Auria Pro.

Yep.

L7 doesn't sync to host as it uses Ableton so ,'Midi Link Sync', is the only option.

Not the only option. Audiobus provides terrific MIDI Clock to Link synchronization, convenient app switching, and easy access to global or individual start/stop.

• @wim said:

@Gravitas said:
    L7 at the moment as I would like to have it running alongside Auria Pro.

Yep.

Not the only option. Audiobus provides terrific MIDI Clock to Link synchronization.

I'm still on version 2 going to upgrade then.

I should've read the manual. ;)

• @Gravitas said:
    @rs2000

It works.

Successfully sending midi sync out from
    Auria Pro into Midi Link Sync and then into L7.

There is a little bit of drift, nothing too drastic and
    I wouldn't mind if it had Ableton Link start/stop.

Absolutely brilliant.

Wait a second, "L7" is Ableton Live version 7?
    If so, I would rather use MIDI clock instead of LINK and hack the Live preferences file in order to make Live follow MIDI clock faster.

• @rs2000

It’s for the Audiokit L7 Looper which
    I can now sync with Auria Pro.

Works a treat.

I posted up a video of
    it working in tips n tricks.

Nice tip though in regards
    to Ableton Live 7.

• @Gravitas Ah OK, thanks, should have had my morning coffee first :#

• @rs2000

No worries, I'm currently having
    my second one for the day.