Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiKeys AUv3 Sequencer Plugin by 4Pockets.com

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1497678986

Description:

DigiKeys is an AUv3 compatible MIDI sequencer plugin for AUM or other AUv3 compatible host applications.

DigiKeys is a pattern based sequencer which can be used to drive either external MIDI based AUv3 instruments, or the internal sample based audio engine. It can also be used as a 16 channel multi-timbral sound source accepting MIDI data on each of the 16 MIDI channels and routing to 16 internal instruments. This flexible design allows you to experiment with pattern based song construction using the DigiKeys sound engine, then map to external MIDI based synth engines once an idea needs expanding. The program was created specifically for AUM, but should function fine under any DAW of your choice (routing options permitting). The advantage of AUM is its unlimited routing flexibility, and the ability to split MIDI output in order to feed multiple AV3 sound sources

DigiKeys allows you to create looped patterns which can later be chained into songs. Each pattern has 16 tracks (one for each MIDI channel) which can be up to 32 steps in length. Each track can have its own playback speed, transposition and effects routings. You can chain up to 256 of these patterns together into a song, and since each song is tied to a scale, you can use the transpose function to quickly create chord changes without needing to redesign your patterns.

DigiKeys was designed to drive other MIDI compatible AUv3 plugins, but comes equiped with its own internal synth engine with over 100 custom presets. If you own the 4Pockets Chameleon sampler plugin, DigiKeys will auotmatically make those instruments available to you, so its easy to expand the library of instruments using Chameleon.

The app has its own custom MIDI mixer, which controls incoming / outgoing MIDI velocity levels rather than traditional audio levels. This allows you to control relative volumes of internal as well as external MIDI instruments. It also allows DigiKeys to be used as a multi-timbral sound source with level mixing, by routing MIDI data on each of the 16 incoming ports to seperate instruments.

DigiKeys features a sophisticated random pattern generator capable of taking advantage of random velocities, probability, note length, sub beats and reverse hits. It can even randomize targetted notes that comply to a chord in the song scale.

We also include 3 global effects, reverb, chorus and digital delay which allow per track routing.

Features:

• 16 MIDI tracks per pattern.
• Randomize Patterns.
• Up to 32 beats per pattern.
• Songs up to 256 patterns in length.
• Definable track muting, repeat length and transposing per song step.
• Selectable Key, Scale and Chords to use as guides.
• Various edit modes allowing fades and drum rolls.
• Supports Reverse Mode, Probability, Triplets etc..
• Ability to override the scale for drum tracks.
• 16 channel Mixer.
• Track Mutes and Solo options.
• 8 band EQ.
• Build in Delay, Reverb and Chorus.
• Chamelon Instrument Compatability.
• Per pattern Automation.
• Comprehensive clipboard functionality.
• Local and Remote MIDI Sync.
• Real time and Step pattern recording.
• HTTP interface for backup / restore of songs.

Comments

• I really want to try it, but maybe I wait for some of Your impressions before join the boat of Digikeys 🖐

• It's a shame we don't have Xequence 2 as AUv3 but I might take a punt on this as it could be really useful.

I use DigiStix all the time so I'm hoping this is as good.

Seems to only mention MIDI notes so I guess it won't be sequencing control changes..?

• I think I’ll give this a go as I like the idea, won’t be able to try it properly till later on though.

• Wow.. Guess I have the magic touch... Thanks

• There’s a midi routing in AUM video here:

• Very interesting app!

Just a little trick : open the app once in standalone before AU. It will help loading the internal instruments

• DigiStix is awesome. This looks similar. The dev said he will be adding some of the features he created created in this app to DigiStix some time this later this week. He didn’t say what. 😎

• If anyone has tested it - in real-time recording, does it keep the timing as played or quantize to steps?

• Just > @Jocphone said:

It's a shame we don't have Xequence 2 as AUv3 but I might take a punt on this as it could be really useful.

I use DigiStix all the time so I'm hoping this is as good.

Seems to only mention MIDI notes so I guess it won't be sequencing control changes..?

It can sequence a few controller ( CC 20, CC 21, CC 22, CC 23 and CC24) + four basic (PitchcWheel, ModWheel, Volume, and Pan)

but why not all? ??? arghh!! I'll never understand developer minds

• Agreed that MIDI CC control should be all, but might still get this. On the flip side, I prefer Octachron, Poly 2, and Rozeta Rhythm for drum sequencing and never use digitstix.

• So far I like it, but It could be nice if the grid resolution could be changed like in Atom. I would like to have a higher resolution.

• @White said:
    So far I like it, but It could be nice if the grid resolution could be changed like in Atom. I would like to have a higher resolution.

+1

But I really like this app. I can build a song in AUM finally without to much hassle.

• This is certainly intriguing.

• @White said:
    So far I like it, but It could be nice if the grid resolution could be changed like in Atom. I would like to have a higher resolution.

Agreed. A simpler approach might be to have the speed setting allow higher values than '1'. 2x, 4x, etc..

• It seems very cool. I’m sorry guys, but I have to get this one too.

• @Faland said:
    It seems very cool. I’m sorry guys, but I have to get this one too.

Me, too. Despite the fact that the dev’s Multitrack is a bit of a car crash for me, DigiStix works well. If this works how I think it will, it’ll be a Godsend :)

• edited February 2020

Just bought it. Tried it very quickly. First thoughts: oh, man, this is gonna be GOOD. I’ve only had a little dabble but so far this makes me think that using AUM to play live will be possible and massive fun.

• I feel that I haven't pushed Multitrack hard enough, as I really haven't had many problems with it. Obviously I would like for the bugs to be fixed, just wonder what I'm doing right/wrong.

I have too many sequencers. I will probably buy this anyway.

• @cian said:
    I feel that I haven't pushed Multitrack hard enough, as I really haven't had many problems with it. Obviously I would like for the bugs to be fixed, just wonder what I'm doing right/wrong.

I have too many sequencers. I will probably buy this anyway.

It’s soooo good in AUM. Seriously cool. Not dug into it yet but it looks nice and plays nice.

• I've done some more playing with this and cannot recommend it enough (so far). It really is what I've been looking for in AUM for a long time - a sequencer. The only odd thing I've found so far is that there doesn't appear to be an 'undo' button. But so far I'm absolutely loving this. Well done, Dev (Paul).

• edited February 2020

Are there any au parameters available?
    Not a fan of of the gui of 4pockets generally but if you can map controllers to it this could be nice :smile:

• @Carnbot said:
    Not a fan of of the gui of 4pockets but if you can map controllers to it this could be nice :smile:

Same question. Midi mutes 🙏

• @auxmux said:

@Carnbot said:
    Not a fan of of the gui of 4pockets but if you can map controllers to it this could be nice :smile:

Same question. Midi mutes 🙏

These are the parameters:

I like that the faders control velocity...but looks like that’s not exposed yet

• weird. Why the heck expose the EQ and not the velocity?

• So far I’m liking this app in AUM for sequencing my synths.

Couple things i hope to see improved:
    1. Allow user to audition notes when tapping the note in the Piano Roll view
    2. For some reason Midi Channel 1 is always firing a ghost note even if their are no Steps present in the view
    3. Wish Length of Patterns were per Track and not Global
    4. Allow user to name their Tracks for better session management
    5. Allow user to color their Tracks for better grouping in their workflow (Drums-Blue, Melody-Green, Bass-Purple...for example)
    6. Add some more per step trigs like Note Randomization within scale (play Up/Down wishing chosen Scale) to add a little variety to the session.

So far it’s a nice app and hope to see some workflow optimizations introduced.

I’ll fire these off to Paul’s email and post to his YouTube vids as well.

👊🏼™️

• @echoopera
    Thank you for your quick take, man.

But...I have to say. I your music is excellent, and your enthusiastic embrace of every new app and your absolute positivity on these forums — all inspiring.

But...your bass tracks are...purple?

YOU THINK YOU KNOW PEOPLE.....

• @audio_DT said:
    I've done some more playing with this and cannot recommend it enough (so far). It really is what I've been looking for in AUM for a long time - a sequencer. The only odd thing I've found so far is that there doesn't appear to be an 'undo' button. But so far I'm absolutely loving this. Well done, Dev (Paul).

So this is better than the other AU3 sequencers? I'm on the fence with this one. Burnt too many times.

• @cian said:

@audio_DT said:
    I've done some more playing with this and cannot recommend it enough (so far). It really is what I've been looking for in AUM for a long time - a sequencer. The only odd thing I've found so far is that there doesn't appear to be an 'undo' button. But so far I'm absolutely loving this. Well done, Dev (Paul).

So this is better than the other AU3 sequencers? I'm on the fence with this one. Burnt too many times.

You'd have to clarify your expectations before anyone could answer that in any useful way.

• Sure - how does this compare to Ochtachron? How does this compare to Atom?

And StepPolyArp as well I guess, though for some reason I never got into that as a sequencer (love as an Arp though).