Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crunck v2 by nembrini.Video demo.

I use an ir cab from ownhammer.Marshall equipped with celestion v30.
Thanks!

Comments

• Sounds great! Great demo too.

I think the external cab sounds much better than the built-in one, which has a slightly weird reverby sound.

• Thank you. This helps explain the range of this amp. I have limited experience dialing in tone on a high power amp now I have sounds to go with knob settings. I think I'd have fun using an EQ after the amp to take the high frequency distortion down and keep the sustain and sensitivity to (pick) dynamics.

Grab it while it's free.

• @richardyot said:
    Sounds great! Great demo too.

I think the external cab sounds much better than the built-in one, which has a slightly weird reverby sound.

I agree. Just been with it for the last hour or so, I like it. Easy to dial in, just one amp, played with a strat, tele, humbucker, p90, Ricky all sounded fine to me. Switched to GarageBand guitar stuff, quickly switched back. I like the simplicity of it. As for the cab emu didn’t notice the weird reverb thing. As I say it was a reasonable quick blast through with assorted guitars. Thumbs up from me!

• @flo26
    Thanks, awesome demo again.
    I kinda liked how gain behaves on this. Pretty good range.
    Did you go in with relatively hot humbucker?
    Sorry for not doing my homework here, what IR players are available on iOS?
    What were you using here? How's latency?

• edited February 2020

Thanks!
    I use EMG pickups.
    I use iconvolver because i’m used to it.
    Rooms (the app has a new name but i can’t remember which one) is also an ir loader and is auv3.
    The latency is good enough for me.
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks!
    I use EMG pickups.
    Rooms (the app has a new name but i can’t remember which one) is also an ir loader and is auv3.
    Flo

Thank you!

• @flo26 said:
    I use an ir cab from ownhammer.Marshall equipped with celestion v30.
    Thanks!

Thanks @flo26 that’s a great demo! Quite AC/DCish :) how does the Crunck sound with little to no gain? Could you get some clean/slightly saturated tones out of it? I will give it a try tonight.

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks!
    I use EMG pickups.
    Flo

Rooms is now THAFKNAR. It is excellent for loading any kind of IR and is actively supported by its developer.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2020

@jacou said:
    how does the Crunck sound with little to no gain? Could you get some clean/slightly saturated tones out of it? I will give it a try tonight.

It’s great as a clean amp too. Very tube like with a nice warmth. The knobs are all really sensitive.

• This has just become part of my AUv3 guitar chain. Sounds amazing. I like the Screamer too for all types of drive.

• @mjcouche said:
    This has just become part of my AUv3 guitar chain. Sounds amazing. I like the Screamer too for all types of drive.

Thanks for the heads up on the Tube Scream clone. I hope a Blues Driver clone follows it soon.

• edited February 2020

THAFKNAR I understand the need to be unique, quirky and loaded with meaning but I bet it’s going to cost the dev money in lost sales. If I was to recommend his app to a friend there would be no way for me to do so without copying and pasting it. A bit silly, still I respect his/her decision.

On topic though, I’d happily pay for a spring reverb AUV3 unit by Nembrini. I’m currently using Toneboosters reverb which is great but not very springy. ;)

• @supadom what about Eventide Spring reverb??

• @supadom or iVCS3 Spring module?

• I don’t own eventide @mjcouche but I do ivcs3 @0tolerance4silence and keep forgetting about it! Cheers.

• Just spent some time with Crunck. I agree that the built-in cab simulator should be bypassed in favor of a decent cab IR. I also found that it made a huge difference which cab IR I chose. It sounded really nice to me with a particular Mesa 4X12 IR but not so good with a twin cab IR that I quite like in other contexts. I didn't have the time to look carefully at the raw signal with a spectrum analyzer, but that might be a good idea for figuring out how best to tame it.

So, I think if folks are getting terrible sounds out of it, it might be worth exploring some different EQing or cab-IRs

• I am still getting a shitty bit crush like sound on tails of sustained notes. Am I the only one?

• @supadom said:
    I am still getting a shitty bit crush like sound on tails of sustained notes. Am I the only one?

Running clean, slightly distorted or heavily distorted?

What sort of post-Crunck processing (such as a cab IR) are you using?

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:
    I am still getting a shitty bit crush like sound on tails of sustained notes. Am I the only one?

Gain at 25%, no post processing. Built in cab.

• @supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

I find the built-in cab pretty unsatisfactory.

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

@espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

I find the built-in cab pretty unsatisfactory.

Yeah, well, generally I’m hesitant to add to many high quality apps because I already have quite a few apps running in the background. Still, the issue I’ve mentioned earlier is not cab related.

• @supadom said:

You are not alone. Damn shame too because I get some really warm gooey tones out of Crunck until that tail reveals itself.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

You are not alone. Damn shame too because I get some really warm gooey tones out of Crunck until that tail reveals itself.

Can you guys post some examples -- I am curious to hear what it is that you are hearing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Hold a distorted note, listen as the note decays into silence.
    That's the infamous 'fizz' from the early generations of digital amp modelers starting from the late 1990s.
    Sounds like a freshly-opened Coke, fizzing in the background.
    Or at least that's what I'm hearing.

I just did some headphone listening and with the cabinet off and no IR, there is some weird stuff going on as the volume of the instrument it signal gets low that is very obvious with the cab turned off and less obvious with it turned on. It flutters/pumps when the signal level gets low ... in the way that a noise gate does if the incoming signal is right at the gate threshold. It is pretty pronounced with no cab. I don’t hear it as much with a cabinet. It is especially noticeable to me when the gain is low on the amp and the output high.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

Yes I know, I was ready to retire ToneStack. Price too good to be true as they say but maybe they’ll fix it.

If they’re ports I wonder if the originals have the same issue? In which case we’re probably damned.

Interesting @StudioES

• Have a listen at fuzz 3 by audio damage.

• @flo26 said:
    Have a listen at fuzz 3 by audio damage.

Yes, it’s there too. Maybe it’s just a question of taste but I’m not fond of it. ;)