Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has anyone here gone for the "Today at Apple" sessions?

Been going for the music production sessions for the past year, and it really helped challenge myself and get me out of the house. Plus, the simple act of collaborating by exchanging iPads was great.

Wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

https://www.apple.com/ca/today/

Comments

• RJBRJB
    edited February 2020

Never heard of this, please explain. What city are you in?

• @RJB said:
    Never heard of this, please explain. What city are you in?

Currently at Toronto. They have some sessions where there's a featured artist. They did one with Swiss Beatz, Billie Eilish, and this month is Khalid. It takes place at quite a few Apple stores.

• Cool, I’ll see if they offer it here in Vancouver. Thanks for the heads up.

• I’ve considered it a couple times but never gone because I wasn’t sure what to expect. So you like them?

• @animalelder said:
    I’ve considered it a couple times but never gone because I wasn’t sure what to expect. So you like them?

Yeah, they're great. It's a good place to meet up with iOS producers (although sometimes it's just me and the person organizing the session) working on different takes on the song, and sharing our work.

Managed to snag some of the projects that I was allowed to but sadly, I can't post them due to copyright.

• @RJB said:
    Cool, I’ll see if they offer it here in Vancouver. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't imagine them doing this at the Pacific Centre store, it's always jammed with just customers!

• @sch said:

@RJB said:
    Cool, I’ll see if they offer it here in Vancouver. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't imagine them doing this at the Pacific Centre store, it's always jammed with just customers!

Let me know how it goes...

Music Lab: Remix Khalid 

Interested in joining? Here are the details: https://www.apple.com/ca/today/event/apple-music-remix-series-4/6628438267664922221/?sn=R280

But yeah. Most apple stores are busy, but they still hold the sessions in a different section of the store. Might be worth checking out.

(Also, I am not sponsored by Apple)

• @Samflash3 Cheers, mate! Not my cup of tea musically, but it's cool that they're offering this type of instruction.

• @sch said:
    @Samflash3 Cheers, mate! Not my cup of tea musically, but it's cool that they're offering this type of instruction.

Agreed. I'm glad they're encouraging musicians to explore their skills.

• edited February 2020

Basically, these artist sessions offer 1-3 GarageBand projects stocked with artist-created audio tracks. They are 1.5 hours. The facilitator goes through a few remixing techniques—editing loops, moving clips, muting track (like removing all the Madonna vocals from her session 🙂), etc. Lots of hands-on time, and a cool share at the end. And they do attract actual music pros/serious amateurs. All the stores offer them, and can actually make them feel more like a haven for creative inspiration rather than a church of commerce.